FORUMS

Extended Battery better for Android

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ndnboi12, Junior Member on 11th June 2010, 01:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I want to use android but the battery drains very quickly.
Will a 1700mAh or 2000mAh battery help my Android battery life.
11th June 2010, 06:31 PM |#2  
Flag P-Ville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Lightbulb
of course it will. Anything larger will last longer, though I get similar run times between WinMo and Android running on SD. You may need to look into your settings if you're seeing significant differences in time between charges.
12th July 2010, 04:35 PM |#3  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 65

More
you may want to look into the newer kernel builds for android. when i was running winMO i was lucky to get 8 hours under light usage. with android and the newer kernels, i can easily get 18 hours under light usage, 12 hours normal and a good 4-6 hours heavy usage depending on what i do,
hope it helps
good luck
14th July 2010, 07:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperthedj

you may want to look into the newer kernel builds for android. when i was running winMO i was lucky to get 8 hours under light usage. with android and the newer kernels, i can easily get 18 hours under light usage, 12 hours normal and a good 4-6 hours heavy usage depending on what i do,
hope it helps
good luck

What were you running on? I easily got 3 days with light usage, 2 with medium, and 1 with heavy GPS, and other stuff...but I wasn't on a data plan, I just got one recently, but I had already made the full switch to android by then.

With android I get a good 12 hours of battery life fully charged...
19th July 2010, 11:31 PM |#5  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 10

More
My battery runtimes are ok so far, I generally get through the day with a little to spare. I just oredered an extended though and will post how much of an improvement i get.
20th July 2010, 05:59 AM |#6  

More
Battery life on the HTC Touch and many other phones is also heavily reduced by low signal strength and dead spots. Even when not actively talking or sending data, your phone will end up spending a lot more power when it checks in with the local towers. When I visit my parent's house (poor signal with 0-1 bars most parts of the house), battery life is cut in half or worse.
20th July 2010, 06:07 AM |#7  

More
Hello
1300mAh Standard Battery
Size (just the battery): 0.5cm or 0.2 in
Size (phone w. the battery): 1.1cm or 0.43 in
Weight (phone w. the battery): 4.5 ounces

In case your bad at math there are 10 mm in a cm. So it looks like 4 mm bigger. I did say honker, didn't I? The additional weight did not kill it for me. It just was pregnant.
31st July 2010, 08:20 PM |#8  
Oxnard, Ca
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Android on the Touch is a pig. If you turn off Bluetooth it's not so bad. The last few builds of Warm Donut were giving me a couple of days on my Seidio 2000mAh battery. Incubus's release 12 of Froyo wasn't doing too bad on my phone. Battery life even with bluetooth on was getting me into the next day. Keep in mind if I stream over bluetooth 3-4 hours was my max, so it's still a pig. WinMo use to give up 6+ hours but that was when my Seido was fresh now its 2 years old.

Alas my Touch is now dead with a broken LCD and I have succumbed to an ok deal on a used Incredible. Time to hack on that for a while.
23rd August 2012, 09:12 AM |#9  

More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314

Android on the Touch is a pig. If you turn off Bluetooth it's not so bad. The last few builds of Warm Donut were giving me a couple of days on my Seidio 2000mAh battery. Incubus's release 12 of Froyo wasn't doing too bad on my phone. Battery life even with bluetooth on was getting me into the next day. Keep in mind if I stream over bluetooth 3-4 hours was my max, so it's still a pig. WinMo use to give up 6+ hours but that was when my Seido was fresh now its 2 years old.

Alas my Touch is now dead with a broken LCD and I have succumbed to an ok deal on a used Incredible. Time to hack on that for a while.

Thanks a ton for this - love the info and agree with your perspective. However many others will not, so thanks for speaking up

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperthedj

hope it helps
good luck

really great tips
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)