Thinnest case?

Search This thread

haloeight

Nov 6, 2011

scootertrashtx

Mar 23, 2011
Gatesville, Texas
I have a generic TPU case (no idea what brand) and by my ruler/eye it is 12mm, so the one linked above is only .5mm thinner. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice the difference.
I have the BodyGlove case. It's hard rubber, nice grip and adds protection to the screen because it overlaps the front of the phone. It works well because I've dropped it on my concrete patio out back and the phone was unscathed. The best feature was the $10 price tag at WalMart. Looks similar to the Rearth Ringke and the Diztonic TPU. Great purchase.

hitekredneck

Aug 7, 2009
My Grass Is Blue
I have found the Seidio Surface line to be the thinnest and offer the best protection. Excellent product, have had this model on my last three devices.

This case is hard shell with thin padding on the inside you protect the finish of your phone. And it has a matte finish that gives your Skyrocket a much better surface to hold on to that the slick stock finish.

You can find the case alone for around 25 bucks, or with the belt clip holster as a combo for 30 - 35 if you Google in the right places. ;)

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-skyrocket-surface-case-holster-black-p/bd2-hr3sssky-bk.htm

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: haloeight

haloeight

Nov 6, 2011
Hrm, had a Seidio holster back in the Blackberry days, solid products. Didn't realize their cases were also now among the thinnest.

hitekredneck

Aug 7, 2009
My Grass Is Blue
Last edited:
Reactions: haloeight

haloeight

Nov 6, 2011
Thanks guys. Think I am sold on the Seidio given the 1mm thickness and past use of their stuff. Have the TPU case from here on order but might just get both and compare.

T.J. Bender

Jun 25, 2012
Thanks guys. Think I am sold on the Seidio given the 1mm thickness and past use of their stuff. Have the TPU case from here on order but might just get both and compare.

I'm tempted to get the blue Seidio considering how little it costs, but the wife might just kill me if I have another case delivered right after getting my new Diztronic TPU (which replaced that black case after I destroyed it, which replaced the Diztronic TPU she now has, which replaced a series of Dragoncell hybrid cases, which replaced an Otterbox, etc...I have case ADHD).

haloeight

Nov 6, 2011
If it helps domestic peace any it seems the Platinum case / rebranded Seidio Surface + Holster can be had on eBay from US sellers for around $10 :) Although reading some threads it seems it only comes in black.

I think I'm going to get one of these although I am seeing some posts saying that the bottom can be a little loose for some. Hoping it's the exact same build quality as the Seidio branded version.

medmansri

Jul 2, 2006
If it helps domestic peace any it seems the Platinum case / rebranded Seidio Surface + Holster can be had on eBay from US sellers for around $10 :) Although reading some threads it seems it only comes in black.

I think I'm going to get one of these although I am seeing some posts saying that the bottom can be a little loose for some. Hoping it's the exact same build quality as the Seidio branded version.

I know i'm resurrecting an old thread but is anyone using the Seidio surface case with the Samsung desktop dock? Pictures would be great if you can.

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
I know i'm resurrecting an old thread but is anyone using the Seidio surface case with the Samsung desktop dock? Pictures would be great if you can.

Don't worry about resurrecting an old thread... Our accessories forum isn't too active anyway

I have the Infuse 4g dock (compatible with skyrocket)
However there isn't that much space. The dock works best when the rocket is naked

medmansri

Jul 2, 2006
Don't worry about resurrecting an old thread... Our accessories forum isn't too active anyway

I have the Infuse 4g dock (compatible with skyrocket)
However there isn't that much space. The dock works best when the rocket is naked

Thanks for the reply.
Bare phones always seem to work better with docks. I have this dock in picture and that's the one I'd like to know if it would work with the seidio surface case.

Attachments

• 61ZHgftlDOL._SL1000_.jpg
    61ZHgftlDOL._SL1000_.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 93

medmansri

Jul 2, 2006
To answer own concern, yes it does fit. Perfectly.

Sorry I couldn't edit my top post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts