FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need HTC Wildfire S STOCK ROM (Original ROM)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Kai~, Junior Member on 23rd August 2012, 01:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I've changed my ROM to CYANOGENMOD and i don't want it now. I forgot to back up my STOCK ROM. Please help me how to restore it. Thank you!

23rd August 2012, 08:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
If you didnt make a backup before flashing you can download a ruu to your computer and restore it with that

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to assa292 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift assa292 Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 01:16 PM |#3  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai~

Hi, I've changed my ROM to CYANOGENMOD and i don't want it now. I forgot to back up my STOCK ROM. Please help me how to restore it. Thank you!

Download your Carrier/Region RUU, run on PC, you can find the 'ROM.zip' on %temp% folder. Extract 'Recovery.img' with 7zip copy it to SDK (ie. C:\android) folder on PC. Flash recovery as
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and lock the bootloader (you can unlock and re-root again)
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Now run the RUU on PC. Thats'all. It'll restore to your old STOCK ROM. However your boot loader will ***RELOCKED*** but you can unlock, re-root with your Unlock_code.bin which you got first time rooted.

Code:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Senthamil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Senthamil Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 02:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Another option is to change to a quality sense Rom. There are a few good ones around. The one I run is basically a stock one with overclocking & many other improvements. In my opinion these are better than the stock roms.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to just looking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift just looking Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 05:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Or I can just upload stock rom no sugar added as flashable zip if you`d like.
The Following User Says Thank You to baluuu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift baluuu Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 07:11 PM |#6  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
you have to lock your bootloader, and then create a gold-card (google it) if the ruu.exe isn't working for you…. then you can reflash your stock-rom

best method to relock your bootloader if u have already cwm installed: bltool.zip (just search for it)
The Following User Says Thank You to andicf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andicf Ad-Free
25th August 2012, 06:11 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paranaque City

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by baluuu

Or I can just upload stock rom no sugar added as flashable zip if you`d like.

Hi, can you upload it? Thanks. I'm currently using this ROM [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1757585] Stock ROM with light SENSE. I'm quite happy with this ROM but still i want the STOCK ROM badly.
25th August 2012, 06:17 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paranaque City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senthamil

Download your Carrier/Region RUU, run on PC, you can find the 'ROM.zip' on %temp% folder. Extract 'Recovery.img' with 7zip copy it to SDK (ie. C:\android) folder on PC. Flash recovery as

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and lock the bootloader (you can unlock and re-root again)
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Now run the RUU on PC. Thats'all. It'll restore to your old STOCK ROM. However your boot loader will ***RELOCKED*** but you can unlock, re-root with your Unlock_code.bin which you got first time rooted.

Code:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Hi, i'll try this. Thank you so much.

assa292 - Thanks!

just looking - Thanks!

andicf - Thanks. I'll try that.
2nd October 2012, 08:48 PM |#9  

More
Talking
can u please upload the recovery.img for htc asia india RUU 2.13.720.1
2nd October 2012, 11:16 PM |#10  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Try this one
I just finished installing this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916045

It works FLAWLESSLY!

You flash it like CyanogenMod. I formatted: Boot, System, Data, Dalvik.

MAKE BACKUP JUST IN CASE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ONE!

Thank You Sir rjshrjndrn!
The Following User Says Thank You to willand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift willand Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 05:55 PM |#11  
Flag Casilda
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thank you! Did all the steps and now I have stock rom again, rooted and working!

From Argentina.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)