Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
presents to you

ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.1.0
for your Motorola Photon Q LTE

You need to be unlocked to use this i suggest following this guide :)

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=OUDHS-Recovery&folder=asanti

Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery.img

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats you now have CWM now if you wish to root youll need to follow these instructions :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuperSU+ 1.25

Directions:

1) Download the above file
2) Connect your phone and copy them to your phone
3) Once they are copied power down your device
4) Hold volume up and power to enter Clockworkmod recovery
5) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
6) Choose install zip from sdcard, then pick internal or external (where you copied it to)
7) Scroll down to the SuperSU+.zip and select it to install

Congrats you are rooted! this procedure will work on any firmware update you guys get :)

Bugs:
Usb mass storage isnt working, means i need to track down the MS file.. its somewhere on the phone (not in /system) so that might be a min before that gets fixed :p

Credits:
Bliss for obtaining the images
jrobgood for helping test
Rangerbry for helping test
KitsunePaws for helping test
mattlgroff for his assitance :)

im not much for writing so give me some time and ill update it and make it better as i go :p

also since this is a beta i need someone to help make sure things are gunna work fine, do a nandroid backup and verify with me that things worked before trying to restore or flashing random things ya know? if it turns out i typed in systm instead of system you could restore the wrong stuff to the wrong spot ya know?

Last edited:

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
Does SuperSU have to be used or can ChainsDD SuperUser be used?

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

Rangerbry

Oct 20, 2011
san jose
Just did a quick check there is /system/etc/install-recovery.sh i dont know if it will screw things up.

I havent unlocked yet so if you still need any stock images let me know shabby.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
Just did a quick check there is /system/etc/install-recovery.sh i dont know if it will screw things up.

yes i would love to have a locked bootloader pulled so we could use that to compare against the unlocked one and possibly hold some hope for teh future :p

reuploaded cwm, seems there is some issues im testing thru to get resolved

EDIT: and just like that my prior experience on the sgs3 pays off :p

command line for anyone else looking to repack kernels btw :p

mkbootimg --cmdline "console=/dev/null androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 loglevel=1 msm_rtb.filter=0x3F kgsl.mmutype=gpummu" --kernel ./Path/to/zImage --ramdisk ./Path/To/ramdisk.gz --base 0x80200000 --ramdiskaddr 0x81600000 -o ./Path/To/Output/boot.img

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
amazing, just noticed source was up.. i could have built cwm as soon as i knew that was up :/

oh wells :p

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
What's as effective as pulling battery if you eff something up? :eek: Stuck in backup/restore menu with no back button.

edit: ohh backspace on Physical keyboard!

Last edited:

kcrudup

Mar 27, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I'm pretty sure Power/VolUp-VolDn works from anywhere. My Xoom has neither a removable battery nor dedicated reset button, yet its reset key combo has never failed to work.

Last edited:

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure Power/VolUp-VolDn works from anywhere. My Xoom has neither a removable battery nor dedicated reset button, yet it's reset key combo has never failed to work.

Thanks I'll try that out when I eff up something for real. :) already rooted Thanks Shabby!

USB mass storage / charging works with Motorola cable but no other.

Last edited:

Rangerbry

Oct 20, 2011
san jose
Bugs:
Usb mass storage isnt working, means i need to track down the MS file.. its somewhere on the phone (not in /system) so that might be a min before that gets fixed :p

heads up Shabby
all 3 storage modes work for me on any USB cable
Mass Storage, Media device(MTP), Camera(PTP)

also the keyboard
Left Right = up down
Enter = Selects
Backspace = back
thanks for all the work your doin for us here :good:

-Bryan

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
heads up Shabby
all 3 storage modes work for me on any USB cable
Mass Storage, Media device(MTP), Camera(PTP)

also the keyboard
Left Right = up down
Enter = Selects
Backspace = back
thanks for all the work your doin for us here :good:

-Bryan

you shouldnt have access to those usb modes.... are you talking about usb mass storage in cwm recovery?

also no need for your bootloader ;)

x21chicago

Aug 2, 2010
how do i reboot into recovery after flashing the cwm??? i unlocked the bootloader and flashed cwm but how do i access it now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
    presents to you

ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.1.0
    for your Motorola Photon Q LTE

You need to be unlocked to use this i suggest following this guide :)

http://shabbypenguin.com/?developer=OUDHS-Recovery&folder=asanti

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery.img

Congrats you now have CWM now if you wish to root youll need to follow these instructions :)

SuperSU+ 1.25

Directions:

1) Download the above file
    2) Connect your phone and copy them to your phone
    3) Once they are copied power down your device
    4) Hold volume up and power to enter Clockworkmod recovery
    5) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
    6) Choose install zip from sdcard, then pick internal or external (where you copied it to)
    7) Scroll down to the SuperSU+.zip and select it to install

Congrats you are rooted! this procedure will work on any firmware update you guys get :)

Bugs:

Credits:
    Bliss for obtaining the images
    jrobgood for helping test
    Rangerbry for helping test
    KitsunePaws for helping test
    mattlgroff for his assitance :)

im not much for writing so give me some time and ill update it and make it better as i go :p

also since this is a beta i need someone to help make sure things are gunna work fine, do a nandroid backup and verify with me that things worked before trying to restore or flashing random things ya know? if it turns out i typed in systm instead of system you could restore the wrong stuff to the wrong spot ya know?

updated cwm with internal storage

yes i would love to have a locked bootloader pulled so we could use that to compare against the unlocked one and possibly hold some hope for teh future :p

reuploaded cwm, seems there is some issues im testing thru to get resolved

EDIT: and just like that my prior experience on the sgs3 pays off :p

command line for anyone else looking to repack kernels btw :p

mkbootimg --cmdline "console=/dev/null androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 loglevel=1 msm_rtb.filter=0x3F kgsl.mmutype=gpummu" --kernel ./Path/to/zImage --ramdisk ./Path/To/ramdisk.gz --base 0x80200000 --ramdiskaddr 0x81600000 -o ./Path/To/Output/boot.img
    the links are back to working, turns out i had used 240TB of data already for this month. but i fixed the issue and wont happen again :)
    Can someone try to mount the ext sd in recovery for me, my screen just blinks and doesnt mount. Luckily i had a microsd/usb reader so i dont have to fully boot my phone just to throw a file on it but im just curious if it doesnt work for anyone else or if its late and im missing something LoL

in op i state that usb doesnt work

anyways grats guys :) http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager/developers/asanti?name=Motorola Photon Q