FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Jay's Recipe for Buttery Goodness (cross-posted from AF) (REVISED! 10/10/12)

996 posts
Thanks Meter: 900

Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2012, 10:51 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Yes i did leave the line
Can someone post their script file for the 16gb?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

27th August 2012, 10:58 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
its not an issue with it being 16gb, im 16gb, and if you run all the command one by one in terminal emulator, they ask run fine, so the issue is with script formatting, so it would be useful if anyone whos is working can upload a copy would be useful please

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
27th August 2012, 11:19 PM |#33  
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
Here's the scripts from my 16GB Nexus 7. This includes the buttery goodness tweaks from the OP as well as the init.d scripts generated by System Tuner.

Extract them to /system/etc/init.d (/data/local/userinit.d works also, if you're on a CyanogenMod-based ROM) and don't forget to set all your permissions to rwxrwxrwx.

NOTE: This is NOT a CWM flashable zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scripts.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.2 KB, 272 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farmerbb Ad-Free
27th August 2012, 11:27 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb

Here's the scripts from my 16GB Nexus 7. This includes the buttery goodness tweaks from the OP as well as the init.d scripts generated by System Tuner.

Extract them to /system/etc/init.d (/data/local/userinit.d works also, if you're on a CyanogenMod-based ROM) and don't forget to set all your permissions to rwxrwxrwx.

thanks mate, doubt know why, but this works with int.d and script manager, doesn't look any different from the one I made. LOL

27th August 2012, 11:45 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 337

More
The problem with my script was that I created it with ES File Explorer, and it must not save it properly. When I open up script manager, there is a script icon for all of the other scripts, and a text or notepad icon for the script I made in ES File Explorer. I clicked the "New Script" button and copied the code into that script, but there was one difference:

#/system/bin/sh

was changed to:

#!/system/bin/sh

Excuse my noobness, but I don't know if that difference matters. At any rate, using script manager to create the script worked fine, using the ES note editor doesn't work.
28th August 2012, 12:14 AM |#36  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyer, Tennessee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkerjc

The problem with my script was that I created it with ES File Explorer, and it must not save it properly. When I open up script manager, there is a script icon for all of the other scripts, and a text or notepad icon for the script I made in ES File Explorer. I clicked the "New Script" button and copied the code into that script, but there was one difference:

#/system/bin/sh

was changed to:

#!/system/bin/sh

Excuse my noobness, but I don't know if that difference matters. At any rate, using script manager to create the script worked fine, using the ES note editor doesn't work.

I don't personally use ES File Explorer, as it seems to have problems like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl0ss

thanks mate, doubt know why, but this works with int.d and script manager, doesn't look any different from the one I made. LOL

Did you create your script in notepad? If you did, that's the problem, as notepad saves text files with the wrong encoding.

Guys, the best file toolkit out there for Android is Root Explorer. There's a reason you see devs, powerusers, and senior members mention it over and over again. It does things right the first time. It really is worth the $4..

As for creating your script in Windows, there's a freeware editor out there called Notepad++ that will save text files in Unix format. Try that
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Aristide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jay Aristide Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 12:16 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Do I still need to follow instructions for the System Tunner ?

28th August 2012, 12:30 AM |#38  
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s

Do I still need to follow instructions for the System Tunner ?

In theory, no you wouldn't need to, someone correct me if I'm wrong but really, all you're doing with System Tuner is generating those same init.d files.

Of course it never hurts to do it anyway, just to double check.
The Following User Says Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farmerbb Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 12:34 AM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyer, Tennessee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In theory, no you wouldn't need to, someone correct me if I'm wrong but really, all you're doing with System Tuner is generating those same init.d files.

You're right.. He wouldn't even need to install System Tuner, though it's an amazing program and completely worth familiarizing yourself with

Thanks, farmerbb!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Aristide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jay Aristide Ad-Free
28th August 2012, 12:35 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 857

More
Quote:

I've got it running with Script Manager and I'm still using System Tuner to set the voltages. Is that redundant?
28th August 2012, 12:39 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dyer, Tennessee

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu

I've got it running with Script Manager and I'm still using System Tuner to set the voltages. Is that redundant?

If you're running farmerbb's script set, yes, it's redundant. The voltages are set and maintained in the cpu control script.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)