[INFO] stock Firmwares 4.0.4 for SGH-T989 update UVLH1 available in Kies

Search This thread

rymanh

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto
That's good news.. It seems that there are definitely performance enhancements and it gives the devs something fun to work with!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

ddrewd

Feb 21, 2012
Darkside RFE

They don't post change logs. Sam mobile just post the kies firmware updates.. just an easy way to get the latest firmware without having to do all that kies nonsense..

TDJ: Sorry, but I don't have rights to post in the dev forum for t-989. My request would be play/pause and skip buttons on the password, pin, or pattern lockscreen. I know you can get them on some music players, but I was hoping for one that controls the system player. I don't know if it's feasible, but it would be an awesome convenience.

Thanks for all your work on Darkside and Venom. It runs like a dream on my handset!

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
yes it is, but i was referring to the radio that comes with it and the 4.0.4 in the dev thread was the koodo base no? shouldn't this be the tmobile one? they're not all the same. but ehh.... tmobile base usually sucks anyways.
I believe there is a radio thread for that...it has been pulled as well.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Damn.. it unroots the phone :(... I'll have to root again ..

You really did not think you would keep root did you? Really?

Doctor Nick

Feb 25, 2009
Can anyone confirm that this update does indeed install ISIS on their phone? If so, anyone try to use it yet? Was it successful?

And if it does in fact install the app, can someone please extract the app and post it on here? I'd be ever so grateful.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Yah...I just downloaded the tar file from sammobile and flashed through Odin successfully.

Just rooted also. flashed CWM 5.0.2.7 via Odin, then flashed superuser in recovery. Easy peasy.

Witch tar are you talking about? the new one or the old one? im waiting for a tar file of the new update to flash via odin, and by the way people that have updated to the new one, does flashing the recovery via odin and su via recovery will root the phone?

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
Witch tar are you talking about? the new one or the old one? im waiting for a tar file of the new update to flash via odin, and by the way people that have updated to the new one, does flashing the recovery via odin and su via recovery will root the phone?

The one contained in the zip you download from here. I dont know what you mean about the old one. This thread is about the 4.0.4 update.

Yes you root the same way as before. Flash CWM recovery via Odin afterwards, then flash SU from recovery.

So far everything seems quick, and no lag like I experienced with the stock 4.0.3 update. Gonna try stock rooted for awhile and see how it goes.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The one contained in the zip you download from here. I dont know what you mean about the old one. This thread is about the 4.0.4 update.

Yes you root the same way as before. Flash CWM recovery via Odin afterwards, then flash SU from recovery.

So far everything seems quick, and no lag like I experienced with the stock 4.0.3 update. Gonna try stock rooted for awhile and see how it goes.

I know that but seems like on your old post you were answering somebody talking about the first ics update, so i got kinda confuse there.

Top Liked Posts