WARNING : This software has some pretty powerful features so use at your own risk. Importantly, please read the instructions below.
This is my first software using .NETCF for Windows Mobile Phone. I know this software is peanuts compared to what is out there, but I wish this would be useful to all of you as well. This software helps you track and recover your phone once stolen or lost. Features includes :
1. A Thief or Lost Prevention Software with SMS Auto-Responder and GPS Capability created for Windows Mobile Devices.
2. When you forget your phone and can''t remember where you put it, you can SMS your phone to get the exact location via GPS information if your phone has GPS Capability or approximate location based on Cell Location.
3. You can SMS your phone for other information such as IMSI, IMEI or even remotely reboot your phone etc.
4. This software is also equipped with Thief Prevention system which will automatically SMS your partner phone number if the SIM has been changed against the registered SIM.
5. This software supports registration of Multiple SIM Cards and of Multiple Phone Conctacts as Partners.
6. When your phone has been stolen, it will automatically SMS relevant information such as IMEI, SIM Card Number or IMSI, GPS Location if supported or Cell Location.
7. It is able to also auto-delete Phone Memory Contacts if the phone has been stolen.
8. It is password protected and the password is encrypted with AES-Encryption.
9. Its un-install proof. It requires special procedure to uninstall the protection, so even if you uninstall it, it is still working.
10. It has MortScript support.
You need atleast .NETCF 2.0 for this app to work (which most Windows Mobile has so not to worry).
Note that Cell Location depends on your device. It should be working but the problem is not all devices interfaces with RIL functionality so it may or may not work.
For testing, kindly use Emulation Mode to determine if the application will work on your phone before using these features :
1. Make Phone Unusable
2. Protected Folders
3. Delete Contacts on SIM Change
Emulation mode will run the protection, however on test mode only and not real mode. Therefore, it will just produce a log file to tell you of the action it is supposed to make (however since its a test mode, it does not do that action). If everything is fine, make sure that after testing, to disable the emulation mode.
This was only tested on GSM-based phones. If you have Non-GSM Based phone, and you want to try it out, kindly do and let me know.
This software also can accept SMS Commands from the partner phone so that it can return informations as commanded by you explicitly. Here are the SMS Commands that you can send. Note though that the SMS is only accepted when :
1. The SMS came from a partner phone. (You need to register the phone as a partner phone first).
2. The password is correct. Password is based on the password that you have saved when you configure SmartProtect on your phone. The password is authenticated by the phone once the SMS Command is received.
3. When the SMS Command is correct.
The SMS commands syntax is :
Available Commands are :
getIMEI - Retrieves the IMEI Number
lockMyPhone - makes your phone unusable
enableLockPhone - Enable the Lock Mechanism of your Phone. When your phone is stolen, your phone will become unusable.
rebootPhone - Reboots your phone.
deleteContacts -Deletes your mobile phone contacts. It does not delete the SIM Card Contacts.
unregisterPhone - Unregisters the sender as a partner phone.
disableSecurity - Disables the security mechanism of your phone. This requires restart to take effect.
enableSecurity - Enables the security mechanism of your phone.This requires restart to take effect.
getIMSI - Retrieves the IMSI Number.
alertContacts - alerts your contacts that your phone has been stolen.
getCellLocation - Gets the approximate location based on Cell Tower that your phone has registered to.
getGPSLocation - Retrieves the GPS Coordinates.
exitApp - When you use getGPSLocation command, this application stays in the memory. This command exits the application. However, this applications will still be activated if any of the command is received.
registerPhone - Registers your sender as partner phone number.
listCommands - List the commands available for the Software.
versionInfo - Retrieves the current version of the SmartProtect.
deleteProtectedFolders - Removes the protected folders.
disableEmulation - Disabled the emulation mode.
stopAlert- Stops the alertContacts action.
stopAlert- Stops the alertContacts action.
runPreScript- Runs the pre-action MortScript you've defined.
runPostSCript- Runs the post-action MortScript you've defined.
runAllScripts- Runs all the MortScripts you've defined.
To install the software, unzip the file and run the setup.exe. Make sure you connect your device to the computer for syncing.
Leave your comments if you have suggestions, concerns or reported bugs here[/url]
This has not been tested on Non-GSM based phone.
Please follow the procedure below to update the software :
1. From the partner phone. SMS your phone with the command ::/exitApp,[password]. This is to make sure that the SMS module is not loaded in the memory or update may fail.
2. Uninstall the SmartProtect. (optional)
3. Install the latest SmartProtect. If you didnt uninstall smart protect, it will ask you if you want to uninstall the older SmartProtect. Just click.
4. Once installed, Run SmartProtect to verify that your settings is still there.
5. Once verified, click either exit or save.
6. You will be notified that there's a need to restart the phone. Proceed to restart.
7. To verify its installed, SMS your phone with ::/versionInfo,<password>. This should yield the latest version.
REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS :
Please follow the procedure below to remove the software :
1. Uninstall SmartProtect 1.1 from your Mobile Phone.
2. From the partner phone. SMS your phone with the command ::/exitApp,[password]. This is to make sure that the SMS module is not loaded in the memory or update may fail.
3. Install SmartProtectRemove.CAB to your mobile phone.
3. Run the SmartProtectRemove
4. Enter the appropriate password you've configured for SmartProtect. Click on Remove SmartProtect.
5. Reboot/soft reset your phone.
6. To verify that it has been removed, SMS any commands to your phone. It should get thru now.
THOSE WITH SMS MODULE OF SMARTPROTECT NOT WORKING
Kindly run SmartProtect on Emulation Mode and test by sending SMS commands. The emulation mode works for all commands except for disableemulation, versioninfo and listcommands. Then the resulting log, kindly send to me for debugging purposes. Note that in emulation mode, no SMS will be sent out and all actions are recorded on the log file
1. Added Reboot messages if required during exit.
2. Added About Message
3. Changed title to SmartProtect on the first screen.
4. Added OpenCellID Link on the SMS.
1. Fixed Deletion of Protected Folders. When in-use Deletion module quits the deletion process.
1. Performance enhancement.
2. Fix a minor bug. When a number saved on the Partner Number is not on your address book, there's a tendency that the sms command may not get executed.
1. Fixed issue for users with non-english ROM where SMS command is not executed
2. Added MortScript support. You can now run Mort Scripts for Pre-process (before the security is invoked when the phone is compromised) and Post-Process (After the security is invoked). Note that you need to ensure that your Pre-process script ends, as the security will only be invoked when it ends. MortScripts will run only when the phone is compromised.
3. Support for AppToDate for automatic updates. (I have not tested because I can't download AppTodate. I will do a test later).
4. Additional commands such as runPreScript, runPostScript, stopAlert
5. Modified the way alertContacts command is executed.
1. Added SMS Command to the Emulation Mode. In Emulation Mode, log will be produced whenever an SMS command is received and executed. Logs are stored on the Emulation Log.
1. Fixed issue wherein those with partner number that starts with 0 (example 0917) is not recognized when an SMS is sent. (because the phone recognize it as +63917)
1. Updated Resolution for Finger-Friendly Devices.
2. Integrated the Remove functionality to SmartProtect Configuration
3. Modified the Right-Menu. Instead of Save, it includes other settings normally found on tabs.
4. Internal changes. Libraries were integrated to make it more re-usable to each components.
1. Broken AppToDate file..
1. Removed Debug Statements..
Note. You can use apptodate.cab to automate updates. AppToDate is provided and developed by Paul from Modaco. Thanks!!