30th August 2012, 06:53 AM |#231  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 4,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9vabder

I've already rooted my device, which file should I load into ODIN to get a working recovery?

I've also overwritten the recovery file in system/bin, multiple times with 2 different recoveries, still nothing.

The Recovery I currently have is Blue with no "Install from sdcard" option;
Android system Recovery <3e>
Samsung Revocery Utils
- for BML -
and below it says in yellow:

# MANUAL MODE #

--Applying Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC

You pasted your problems in reverse order (right?).
Linda (the robot voice) tried to convert you to ext4 (voodoo lagfix) and failed, then the phone rebooted and you got the 3e recovery issue.

This is because the stock rom comes with an update in /cache.
The update tries to mount /system, but because you had previously been voodoo lagfixed, the settings on your sdcard (in /sdcard/Voodoo) still exist. So that csc update couldn't mount /system as rfs, then it bails out.

Before you Odin, wipe /sdcard/Voodoo.

This allows the csc update to succeed. Then reboot to recovery and enable voodoo lagfix and /system lagfix.

Quote:

and appears to be doing nothing else.

**EDIT**
Got the red recovery (Voodoo?) to work, but whenever I install a ROM and reboot, a robotic woman's voice says, "convert DATA partition, system not available, then it says convert SYSTEM partition, data not available."

If you get this problem, see here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhundven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhundven Ad-Free

30th August 2012, 10:27 PM |#232  
Moreno Valley
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhundven

You pasted your problems in reverse order (right?).
Linda (the robot voice) tried to convert you to ext4 (voodoo lagfix) and failed, then the phone rebooted and you got the 3e recovery issue.

This is because the stock rom comes with an update in /cache.
The update tries to mount /system, but because you had previously been voodoo lagfixed, the settings on your sdcard (in /sdcard/Voodoo) still exist. So that csc update couldn't mount /system as rfs, then it bails out.

Before you Odin, wipe /sdcard/Voodoo.

This allows the csc update to succeed. Then reboot to recovery and enable voodoo lagfix and /system lagfix.

If you get this problem, see here.

I wiped the Voodoo on sdcard, and after ODIN I still got the installation aborted when installing Multi-CSC
31st August 2012, 04:21 PM |#233  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 4,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wiped the Voodoo on sdcard, and after ODIN I still got the installation aborted when installing Multi-CSC

Interesting... I really wish I had one of these devices.
22nd September 2012, 02:57 AM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
when i move recovery file to /system/bin it doesnt rename it but simply adds -copy to end of the new file. is this ok or right
24th September 2012, 10:35 PM |#235  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknfngr

when i move recovery file to /system/bin it doesnt rename it but simply adds -copy to end of the new file. is this ok or right

After you unzip the recovery file, when you move it to /system, it should replace the existing recovery. As far as I know, unless it replaces the existing recovery file, it will not work.
25th September 2012, 03:07 AM |#236  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,535

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknfngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMJaaay

After you unzip the recovery file, when you move it to /system, it should replace the existing recovery. As far as I know, unless it replaces the existing recovery file, it will not work.

eMJ's right. You need to have the recovery file be replaced entirely. Nothing but the file being named recovery will suffice. recovery-copy isn't actually named recovery, so it won't be read. Mount R/W on the system, use a root file explorer or ADB, and overwrite the existing recovery with the one from this thread. OR, delete the recovery file and push the new recovery file in it's place and you're fine.
9th November 2012, 02:51 AM |#237  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduvick

I have integrated cwm with the oneclickroot script and zipped it all up here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12704578/sk4...eclickroot.zip

to use:
1. Enable Debugging on your phone (Settings>Applications>development>USB Debugging)
2. unzip the .zip file above on your computer
3. double click on the run.bat in that folder.
Your phone will reboot into recovery at the end of the script.

I took out the rooting aspect of the script, so use SuperOneClick to root your phone before using this script, if you don't have root.

Can you re-upload this file please?
14th November 2012, 12:14 AM |#238  
Flag West Warwick, RI
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Could someone upload a link to the modded recovery binary? I odin-ed my phone to stock again but forgot to back up the binary.

Sent from SK4G kg2 stock
13th June 2013, 07:38 AM |#239  
Flag Elk Grove
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The domain is expired. lol. Just giving you a heads up.
19th May 2018, 06:02 PM |#240  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help
Im trying to root and custom rom for sk4g 2018 i just want to have the phone to be useable with updated everything help and thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)