FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Better working Flash (Thanks to gregmattersen of forum.ArchosFans.com)

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By -ArcheTyPe-, Junior Member on 7th December 2010, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2011, 07:29 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.
I tried to download adobe flash but it doesn't work on my Archos 70,internet tab,250. Is there anyway i can download adobe flash on my Archos?
Thank you.

14th February 2011, 03:22 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian0072

Hi.
I tried to download adobe flash but it doesn't work on my Archos 70,internet tab,250. Is there anyway i can download adobe flash on my Archos?
Thank you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post11070576

Install that version. It has been reported to work better than anything else so far.

Other than that, you will need to wait for Archos to send out their optimized version but that seems to still be a question if it will pass Adobe's review.
17th February 2011, 05:41 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Archos have confirmed they are working through the 2200 tests adobe require.

They also confirm the flash program will be the same one available in Google market. All the hardware acceleration for flash is handled by the archos firmware. The firmware they are using for testing is apparently working very well for flash.

This begs the question... if the hardware acceleration is handled by the archos firmware and not flash what the heck is preventing them from releasing a firmware with their tweaks included but without flash installed. They would then not be braking any rules as they are not shipping flash???.

Guess that's too sensible an idea (

John
17th February 2011, 08:45 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-mac

Archos have confirmed they are working through the 2200 tests adobe require.

They also confirm the flash program will be the same one available in Google market. All the hardware acceleration for flash is handled by the archos firmware. The firmware they are using for testing is apparently working very well for flash.

This begs the question... if the hardware acceleration is handled by the archos firmware and not flash what the heck is preventing them from releasing a firmware with their tweaks included but without flash installed. They would then not be braking any rules as they are not shipping flash???.

Guess that's too sensible an idea (

John

Once again. You think Adobe would actually let them do that? Are you kidding me?
18th February 2011, 10:24 AM |#45  

More
I don't think adobe can actually stop them releasing code they have written themselves as part of their firmware. As long as they don't bundle flash on the device which they are not certified to do then there should not be a problem.

Do you think advent stripped out any supplementary code they wrote when they stripped out flash? I bet they didn't just removed flash (the bit adobe owned).

However I am not saying what they can and can't do. Just throwing an idea out there. It may be a simple idea but sometimes the obvious is missed. And it is pretty obvious archos staff read forums so think it makes sence to post the idea.

There are actually a number of manufacturers have included optimisations on their devices prior to the actual item so they have the device ready to go in advance.

John
20th February 2011, 11:19 AM |#46  

More
Here is a thought.

I tried BBC HD through iplayer and was getting about 1fps or slightly better when it was playing.

Now that we know hardware acceleration is provided outside flash that is without any acceleration on CPU only so CPU will not only be trying to handle data but all the video decoding as well (explains why streaming is so slow when compared to download speed).

So if I can get better than 1fps without any hardware acceleration (though it does pause often for more data) does it not bode well that accelerated performance should be a heck of a lot better and because gpu is doing work also improve the data streaming speed as well as CPU is free to pump data about the place.

I am just speculating about my thoughts but I do think it is an indication performance could actually be quite acceptable based on non accelerated performance.

Actually looking forward to trying it out. Wish to heck it would hurry up.

John
7th March 2011, 08:19 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome,
Thanks !!
Wroks pretty fine

-DroidSlave
8th March 2011, 02:04 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks
It's really faster now

-DroidSlave
9th March 2011, 06:14 AM |#49  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 10

More
So I have an Archos 10.1 so do I need to install that version too? And then when Archos comes out with there's do we uninstall this? I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnatex21

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post11070576

Install that version. It has been reported to work better than anything else so far.

Other than that, you will need to wait for Archos to send out their optimized version but that seems to still be a question if it will pass Adobe's review.

30th August 2012, 09:53 PM |#50  
Brasov, Romania
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up WOW, thats GREAT!
Thank you !! Is working perfect on my Archos 80 G9 ! Great, great, great!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)