177 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By LUCA LUCA, Senior Member on 7th July 2012, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2012, 08:58 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
i have notice that, when it finishes charging, that just cools down, i was just wondering did i get a faulty one, but as ye say its normal

thanks for all the replys
10th July 2012, 07:51 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Luca

even there the charger gets very hot, so it is normal, also, we are going to have very hot temps these days, (40°C here)...

just be sure to not plug it near easy flammable things!

ciao
27th July 2012, 12:27 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes we have noticed the charger gets very hot might have something to do with fast recharge time the device has

Sent from the network via FTL com buoy
30th August 2012, 10:31 PM |#14  
Flag Nacala
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Good evening,

On my charger i notice it is wrting : "output 5v--2A or 15v --1.2A"
This mind that i can use the charger for any phone that charge usualy wiht 5V ?? Do the charger "swap" the voltage by him self if it's not connect to the tablet ???
I don't want to burn my HTC, but to have one charger for the tablet and the phone will be good when travelling

Thanks
Yann

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using xda app-developers app
31st August 2012, 03:03 AM |#15  
Flag Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannmrt

Good evening,

This mind that i can use the charger for any phone that charge usualy wiht 5V ?? Do the charger "swap" the voltage by him self if it's not connect to the tablet ???
I don't want to burn my HTC, but to have one charger for the tablet and the phone will be good when travelling

Thanks
Yann

The charger that comes with the Transformer is dual-purpose. If you plug in a Transformer tablet, it'll output the 15V to rapid-charge your Transformer. If you plug in a USB device, it'll output 5V at 2A to rapid-charge your USB device.

If you're wondering how it can tell the difference, Pin #7 on the USB3 Transformer cable is grounded -- this is how the charger can tell the difference between a Transormer and an ordinary USB device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krhainos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krhainos Ad-Free
31st August 2012, 06:04 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yannmrt

Good evening,

Thanks
Yann

In fact the charger of Asus is quite tricky. I haven't found any substitution, only stock charger can be used.
31st August 2012, 08:22 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hung2900

In fact the charger of Asus is quite tricky. I haven't found any substitution, only stock charger can be used.

the connector look to be non standard as if you put an usb extension cable it wont charge.
31st August 2012, 04:01 PM |#18  
Flag Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixZero

the connector look to be non standard as if you put an usb extension cable it wont charge.

It's not a non-standard connector -- it's a USB 3.0 connector.

If you use a USB 3.0 extension cable, it will work. If you use a non-USB 3.0 extension cable, the charger won't see that pin 7 is grounded, so you'll just get 5V instead of 15V. There's no bi-directional communication between the two.

The Transformer will charge when it sees 12V to 15V on what's typically the 5V pin.
The Asus charger will output 15V (earlier units were 12V) when it senses pin 7 is grounded.

Also, if you'd like to build your own power supply -- get any old female USB connector, and send 12V to 15V on pin 1 instead of 5V, and you've got yourself an Asus Transformer charger. Just don't plug anything else into it, since there's no safeguard to prevent 12-15V going into a 5V device. I've painted mine orange so I don't mistake it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krhainos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krhainos Ad-Free
4th November 2012, 08:00 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, my Transformer pad won't charge normally when I connect it to the power adapter direclty - it doesn't show it's charging (though I can tell it is, because after some half an hour it had 2 % more of battery)... can it be that the charger doesn't recognize the tab and gives only 5V? Why? It works normally when I charge it on the docking station (through the power adapter), and the same cable works normally when I use it to transfer media to the pad from the PC...

P.S. When conneted to the power adapter directly, the orange light on the power button of the pad doesn't go on... it only goes on when the pad is on the dock and the power adapter is plugged into it.

Any ideas?
9th December 2012, 09:59 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1,694

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhainos

The charger that comes with the Transformer is dual-purpose. If you plug in a Transformer tablet, it'll output the 15V to rapid-charge your Transformer. If you plug in a USB device, it'll output 5V at 2A to rapid-charge your USB device.

If you're wondering how it can tell the difference, Pin #7 on the USB3 Transformer cable is grounded -- this is how the charger can tell the difference between a Transormer and an ordinary USB device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhainos

It's not a non-standard connector -- it's a USB 3.0 connector.

If you use a USB 3.0 extension cable, it will work. If you use a non-USB 3.0 extension cable, the charger won't see that pin 7 is grounded, so you'll just get 5V instead of 15V. There's no bi-directional communication between the two.

The Transformer will charge when it sees 12V to 15V on what's typically the 5V pin.
The Asus charger will output 15V (earlier units were 12V) when it senses pin 7 is grounded.

Also, if you'd like to build your own power supply -- get any old female USB connector, and send 12V to 15V on pin 1 instead of 5V, and you've got yourself an Asus Transformer charger. Just don't plug anything else into it, since there's no safeguard to prevent 12-15V going into a 5V device. I've painted mine orange so I don't mistake it.

Good info to know, Krhainos. Thanks for sharing that with us. I've been wondering about using the Asus plug for other USB devices I have and the information you supplied answered those questions.
11th December 2012, 08:42 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCA LUCA

well, i just dont want to wake up one morning and find the all lot burned.

but it does get really hot

easy, just dun leave it turned on over the night then,

Sent from my Galaxy Note LTE N7105 or from my Transformer Pad TF300T
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)