Droid 2 Global unlock code

Search This thread

dzl

Dec 8, 2010
Burlington, VT
Well, the D2G won't even work on T-Mobile without both SIM and band unlock. And even after that she will only ever get 2G, as only phones made for T-Mobile support their retarded 1700MHz band.

To perform SIM unlock first try eBay stuff like unlock_fusion and the likes, they refund if the code doesn't work and you present a video proof of it.

For band unlock, refer to a thread about it in this forum section.

to be fair, TMO is supposed to be moving HSPA out of the 1700 band and into the 1900/2100. LTE is supposed to be going in the 1700 band. Whenever that happens...the d2g will be good to go.

Not disagreeing with you about your comment though lol. They are the only provider in the world I think that uses the 1700 band for HSPA.

bestrafer

Sep 14, 2008
Also can provide unlocking service for your D2G, Droid Pro, Atrix...

you will need to have stock ROM and install a couple of of program, PM me...

Albania

May 7, 2007
Durres
hello

Not to troll or anything but.. im from Droid X2 forums and..

My girlfriend has come in hands with a D2 Global, and her carrier is T-mobile. I've seen several hopeful and doubtful threads/posts about unlocking the d2g, so can anyone that has a minute PM me with their method that worked best with unlocking it IN the U.S. Any help is much appreciated.. and if I'm shooting too high with this than just tell me to buy her an iPhone..

Kush out

Did you manage to unlock your D2g. I just did with mine with the help of a forum member called oushen. His skype address is oushen- and is from Ukraine. I'm in no way connected with him (im Albanian) but i just wanted to help out. The service costs 12$ (i gladly paid 15$) and it consisted in installing a software called USB Redirector, then he connected by VPN so he could connect to my motorola directly and fetching the codes out. It doesnt matter if you already tried different codes, after he finishes and you make your payment you have a completely unlocked phone

cabrerachaparro

Nov 23, 2010
Lima
Did you manage to unlock your D2g. I just did with mine with the help of a forum member called oushen. His skype address is oushen- and is from Ukraine. I'm in no way connected with him (im Albanian) but i just wanted to help out. The service costs 12$ (i gladly paid 15$) and it consisted in installing a software called USB Redirector, then he connected by VPN so he could connect to my motorola directly and fetching the codes out. It doesnt matter if you already tried different codes, after he finishes and you make your payment you have a completely unlocked phone

Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

inquisitor

Jul 14, 2004
I can confirm that Oushen (Skype user oushen- (mind the hyphen and the end!)) can unlock those Motorola D2Gs which could not be unlocked with any unlock codes before. He charges $12 and the procedure takes 10min or so (depending on your upload bandwidth). Basicly he needs remote access through teamviewer which he will use to configure a VPN connection to his machine using Windows' generic VPN support. Then he will read parts of your phone's NVRAM through "USB Redirector" and flash back an unlocked image.
The only question left is what to do with this aged phone that sat unused in my drawer for a year or so.

Reactions: Oushen

dabigserver

May 6, 2011
HELLO FOLKS,

I came to this thread just for curiousity because I had already given up in trying to unlock the damned D2G before, reading and reading the new replies I got really curious when I read that some user called oushen could successfully unlock the unlockable damned D2G, well, I decided to try it out and guess what???? IT FINALLY WOOOORKEEED, my Droid 2 Global is unlocked! yaay! after months using it as a paperweight lol i can finally use it as a phone!!!! GIVE IT A TRY I TOTALLY RECOMMEND YOU WILL BE VERY SATISFIED,
THANKS AGAIN OUSHEN!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oushen

alexanderlll

Apr 18, 2009
What if it was the SigmaKey that was connected via USB-IP? I mean running the Sigma software on the client's computer with the phone connected to a USB port, and the SigmaKey remotely via USB-IP (as I understand it doesn't actually do much besides checking the SN/license)?

Sorry if I'm totally off here, just trying to figure out a solution for myself and other people. Worst case I'll just sell the damn phone or buy a SK myself and make the money back unlocking phones locally :)...

Last edited:

erfannf2

Jan 2, 2011
I think the SIGMA Software will check if USB driver has certain ID, Type or Manufacturer and bans them. The best way you have is modifying USB Re director Drivers if possible!!!

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
Sorry to be a noob guys but what if I root the phone and install a custom rom. Would that allow it to work outside U S?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

nightfurious

Nov 26, 2012
So is there anyway out of this sim code problem? Ebay sellers claim 30 $ for the codes. Any help?

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.
    Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD
    I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium