Ramersonw's Kitchen for Gene

Search This thread

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
New Kitchen for HTC Gene

About the Kitchen
  • Language: WWE
  • Based on build 20931 (xip and sys);
  • Some oems from original Gene ROM (Camera, OEMDrivers). Rest from New Manilla 2D Elfin ROM;
  • Graphical interface;
  • Full automated. Remove or insert files and click <Build> to generate a new rom

Prerequisites

Instalation

Simply unpack the file to any folder on your pc and run GeneKitchen.exe

How to use
  1. Change OEM and SYS as you like
  2. Choose a folder to save your new ROM
  3. Choose new or old gene
  4. Click build and wait process terminate
  5. Flash ROM to your device
  6. Have fun

if you build without modifications you have: 62.97MB of storage and 51.37MB of ram (about 27MB free)

Observations

For old Gene (HT7xx) this rom works very well. For new ones (HT8xx) needs to be tested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download (OLD GENE) Link:http://www.4shared.com/file/77988622/94e6f818/Gene_Kitchen.html

Download (NEW GENE) Link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3125736&postcount=18 thanks to krazy_about_technology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kitchen is only possible thanks to XDA. Thanks to all

Thanks to krazy_about_technology and Ankit360 for modifications and testing in the kitchen for the new genes.

sorry for any mistake. English is not my native language:D

If you like my work buy me a beer

Attachments

• kitchen.JPG
    kitchen.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2008
Dilli, Delhi
New Kitchen for HTC Gene

About the Kitchen
  • Language: WWE
  • Based on build 20931 (xip and sys);
  • Some oems from original Gene ROM (Camera, OEMDrivers). Rest from New Manilla 2D Elfin ROM;
  • Graphical interface;
  • Full automated. Remove or insert files and click <Build> to generate a new rom

Prerequisites

Instalation

Simply unpack the file to any folder on your pc and run GeneKitchen.exe

How to use
  1. Change OEM and SYS as you like
  2. Choose a folder to save your new ROM
  3. Choose new or old gene
  4. Click build and wait process terminate
  5. Flash ROM to your device
  6. Have fun

if you build without modifications you have: 62.97MB of storage and 51.37MB of ram (about 27MB free)

Observations

For old Gene (HT7xx) this rom works very well. For new ones (HT8xx) needs to be tested.

Download Link:http://rs564.rapidshare.com/files/177549829/Gene_Kitchen.rar

This kitchen is only possible thanks to XDA. Thanks to all

and sorry for any mistake. English is not my native language:D

If you like my work buy me a beer

i got the following error

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi Ramersonw,

That was fast man, you did it! First of all, let me congratulate and thank you for your great work. It was really nice of you to take time out of your schedule and make the very much needed kitchen for gene. Thanks a lot! It really must have been some hard work. Atleast somebody took the initiative to do it.

Now coming my experience with it. I have a P3400i (New Gene) with Onbl 1.17.000 and SPL 1.07.Oref (patched).

I, for obivious resons selected the "New Gene" radio button while building the ROM. As my first experience with it, i tried to build the ROM with default settings, just added back the Transcriber packages to the OEM part.

At first, the process started and BuildOS built the files, but on the registry part it gave an error building the main registry hives. I looked at the log file in dump folder and it listed a .rgu (registry setting) file missing which, on checking , i found that is present in the XIP_OLD folder but not in XIP folder, so i copied the file from there to the XIP folder and tried again. Bingo! it worked, G'Reloc ran and then the htcrt tool merged the OS_new.nb and extrom.nb successfully.

For people who are experiencing the registry error, please look at the log file in dump folder which is automatically created during the build process and look at the last line where it is saying that xxxxxxx.rgu file is missing. Find that file in the folder where your kitchen is. It will be in some XIP_NEW folder, copy it to the adjacent XIP folder.

After that, when i flashed the ROM to my phone, it flashed completly fine to 100% and the RUU tool showed No Error. But after that, phone was hung on the HTC splash screen/boot screen. It is showing the Onbl, spl, radio and OS versions and after some time, the radio starts which is chracterised by the blinking of green LED. but it doesn't boots furthur. I checked for 20 mins.

I tried some combinations of packages as well but no avail. I think the problem is with the XIP as i have read many times on this forum, this problem happens whenever ppl flash invalid XIP partition to the device. And after radio initialization, i think the next thing that happens is the initialization of XIP area for loading the main parts of OS (i could be wrong, these are just my assumptions).

Also, if i select the Single Package option, the exe that does it gives and error and quits. But the build process continues even after that.

So, all in all the UI is great, its usable and pretty and we can talk about it later. First this issue needs to be ironed out.

What do say brother?

PS: I tried all these operations on Vista as well as XP Pro SP3.

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
hi people

Sorry for the broken link. I have some problems with rapidshare so i upload the kitchen to another server here (1st post updated too)

To krazy_about_technology

I made a few modifications to xip. Please test it. If not work this time send me the xip.bin or os.nb of any rom that works on your device (wm6.1). That way I could analise it and update kitchen. I can't test here because i have an old gene (HT7xx).

PS. Transcriber goes to SYS not OEM.

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
i dump this xip.bin and copy it to XIP_NEW but still doesn't boot furthur :confused:

Hey Ankit, that's not gonna work as the XIP is that part of the system that does not have to loaded into the RAM. The executables in this parts must be of the same CE OS build that the rest of the ROM is. These executables have their headers stripped off as no relocation of addresses takes place, that only happens when the file is loaded into RAM. So these files always run at fixed memory addresses.(This is as far as i know, i could be wrong). So Ramersonw will have to build the XIP from the same OS that he is using. He just wants the your XIP to look at it and figure out what needs to be corrected.

@Ramersonw: Buddy thanks for the quick response. I am downloading the file uploaded at new location. I hope this contains the changes you did. I'll try this and post here the details. The 4Shared site is very slow today, maybe because of the undersea cable cuts. I m getting only 7-14 KBps rite now :(

Last edited:

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Improved but the problem remains

Hi Ramersonw,

I tried the newly uploaded kitchen. The registry file problem is gone and the ROM building process is smooth now, but, the XIP problem remains as it is.

As ankit360 has posted the XIP of LomLom's fusion ROM, i am attaching with this mail, the XIP of WM 6.1 Stock ROM (look a like, actually). Its a very plain looking vanilla 6.1 ROM with quiet old CE OS and apps, but this one and lomlom's fusion both run fine on New Gene devices. I and many others like ankit360 have personally tested that. So please have a look.

Thanks and Regards :)

Attachments

• XIP_WM6.1_Stock_ROM.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 57

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
can u plz upload only modify xip.bin

here is xip.bin extract from GENE_wm6.1_19971wwe fusion9.0_new_gene

i dump this xip.bin and copy it to XIP_NEW but still doesn't boot furthur

Hi Ramersonw,

I tried the newly uploaded kitchen. The registry file problem is gone and the ROM building process is smooth now, but, the XIP problem remains as it is.

As ankit360 has posted the XIP of LomLom's fusion ROM, i am attaching with this mail, the XIP of WM 6.1 Stock ROM (look a like, actually). Its a very plain looking vanilla 6.1 ROM with quiet old CE OS and apps, but this one and lomlom's fusion both run fine on New Gene devices. I and many others like ankit360 have personally tested that. So please have a look.

Thanks and Regards

Hi Krazy and ankit360

I'll look these xip tonight. Thanks for the files. When i have a solution i'll post here.

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
Hi Krazy

I saw the xips. Problem appear to be missing files on xip. Both lomlom and the stock rom that ankit360 and you upload missing some files (*.rgu especificaly). I guess these ROM are protected.

To make this kitchen, I used an official rom from HTC (wm6.0 for old gene) as basis. So for the new genes I need an original xip (wm6.0) to port to new build and send to you for test.

If you or anyone have this ROM please upload to me.

Sorry 4 my english.

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Here is the XIP you needed!

Hey Ramersonw,

Thats great! I am attaching herewith the XIP and BootXIP from Windows Mobile 6 ROM that comes with P3400i in Asia, India, ie. My Phone :) I think that will suffice for your needs.

hoping to see ya soon :)

Attachments

• XIP_WM6_P3400i_Stock_India.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 36

deepv84

Feb 26, 2008
to Ramersonw

can i use to build rom for me

i m using wm5

onbl 1.07.000
spl 1.07.000

radio 02.79.90

os 1.07.000

my serial no ht7xxxxxx

u have tested with ur device running on wm5 but ur onbl is 1.11.000

so what????

i can't take more risk because my device is out of warranty.plz tell me any thing!!!
thanks!!!!

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
Hi people,

Sorry for the lack of updates because I'm travelling. When I arrive I'll test more the kitchen and try to correct the errors (for new genes).

Again, this kitchen only works for the old Gene (for now). OBS. Tested on my device (HT7xx).

ramersonw

Sep 6, 2008
can i use to build rom for me

i m using wm5

onbl 1.07.000
spl 1.07.000

radio 02.79.90

os 1.07.000

my serial no ht7xxxxxx

u have tested with ur device running on wm5 but ur onbl is 1.11.000

so what????

i can't take more risk because my device is out of warranty.plz tell me any thing!!!
thanks!!!!

I tested on my device and the generated rom works very well.

The rom generated for my kitchen only have os.nb and extrom.nb, if any error occur and your device don't boot you only need to flash another cooked rom or the official rom without ipl/spl/radio.

krazy_about_technology

Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Here is the link to the modified Ramersonw's Kitchen with my created XIP and some other packages. I request Ramersonw's to please include these links or a reference to this post in the first post :

Full Kitchen:

http://cid-988261b694475a67.skydriv...WinMobile/Kitchen/Gene Kitchen|_New|_Gene.exe

Only My Modifications:
http://cid-988261b694475a67.skydriv...gesOnly|_for|_NewGene|_Kitchen|_Ramersonw.zip

Please note that using the full kitchen or applying the given modifications will customize your kitchen for new Gene. Please use a seprate copy of the original kitchen to cook for old gene.

dheerajk27

Sep 20, 2007
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Here is the link to the modified Ramersonw's Kitchen with my created XIP and some other packages. I request Ramersonw's to please include these links or a reference to this post in the first post :

Full Kitchen:

http://cid-988261b694475a67.skydriv...WinMobile/Kitchen/Gene Kitchen|_New|_Gene.exe

Only My Modifications:
http://cid-988261b694475a67.skydriv...gesOnly|_for|_NewGene|_Kitchen|_Ramersonw.zip

Please note that using the full kitchen or applying the given modifications will customize your kitchen for new Gene. Please use a seprate copy of the original kitchen to cook for old gene.

Was just trying out this kitchen. I am a total newb in this. Somehow, I am getting the attached error, whatever settings I try. If possible, any help please?

Attachments

• ROMBuildError.JPG
    ROMBuildError.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 54