1,349 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,292

By kemonine96, Inactive Recognized Developer on 3rd August 2012, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2012, 01:26 PM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
with vdr support
1st. Is anyone work to implement the pvr feature?
So that I can connect to an vdr, mediaportal mythtv server.

2nd. I use a acer a500 pad. If I look 720p mkv movies it stuttering. Is this at this time of development normal?
1st September 2012, 08:14 PM |#612  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyamant

So that I can connect to an vdr, mediaportal mythtv server.

2nd. I use a acer a500 pad. If I look 720p mkv movies it stuttering. Is this at this time of development normal?

Yes it is normal that HD content in mkv dosent play fluently. No hardware decoding support in XBMC for Android yet and without that then 720p and 1080p will not play well especially if it is in mkv format.

You can connect to various sharing formats. My A510 has my Dreambox channels added and my NAS drives also. You add them in videos,addons where you can add new link and then decide between various types such as ftp, smb, tvheadend, tuxbox etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to staticaDK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift staticaDK Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 08:28 PM |#613  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyamant

Mainline XBMC does not have a PVR feature. I believe there is a fork where that work is being done. These builds are tracking mainline XBMC and I've not looked into anything with the PVR feature. Likely won't until something shows up in mainline.
The Following User Says Thank You to kemonine96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemonine96 Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 08:39 PM |#614  
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos

Dev wont give support for Google Tv

To expand a little:

The Google TV devices do not have an official NDK and you have to do a bit of "hacking" type work in order to get an un-official NDK working and then more "hacking" type work to install a native app on the platform. Until Google releases an official NDK I won't be doing anything.

When Google does release an NDK, it will need to include unicode wide character support otherwise XBMC will not compile. This is presently an issue with the current Google NDK, however, CrystaX did some work at adding unicode wide character support to version 7b of the Android NDK. This is the NDK that is used to build XBMC currently. This same work will need to be ported to the Google TV NDK if it does not include unicode wide character support. I have no current plans on doing this work if it is necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to kemonine96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kemonine96 Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 08:41 PM |#615  
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptrip

XBMC is not working well on Asus Transformer Infinity. Newest Neon version is flickering the screen mostly all the time. Previous version had it also but less. Non Neon version doesnt have flickering but all version by now has the same - they crash many times during waching a movie. I get black screen so I need to turn the Transformer on again and to unlock the screen, then to start XBMC again - drives me crazy. I'm using stack ROM and latest firmware 4.0.3.

Does anybody have Infinity and some suggestion ?

If you run into the flickering issue you may need to clear your app cache. This problem is more common on Tegra2 devices and most users end up fixing it by doing an dance of clearing the app cache, rebooting and potentially re-installing. Also a logcat may help track down the source of the problem for your particular case.
1st September 2012, 09:06 PM |#616  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I also have the problem that xbmc crashes on my wifi xoom after 10 seconds. the logs are enclosed. Maybe it will help in the development.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xoom_logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (49.4 KB, 25 views)
2nd September 2012, 01:54 AM |#617  

More
I can confirm that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 works perfectly fine with the Neon version.

There are some little issue's though.
  • The buttons do not always work on first press. You sometimes have to click it a couple of times to make it work. The pause button for example.
  • When playing a video and you switch to a different app and then back, makes the screen go black.

I successfully added a remote resource. My NAS. I also got imdb addon to work on it. Haven't found any other issues.
2nd September 2012, 05:25 AM |#618  

More
Unhappy xbmc on htc jetstream
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemonine96

Thank you to staticaDK, repvik, and lavero.burgos for their help with mirroring.

One of the primary's over at xbmchub.com has been in contact with me and we have a new mirror online. The mirror is setup on google code. It is mirror 1 for builds on/after 2012-08-29.

The xbmchub.com guys are also launching http://www.xbmcandroid.com/. The forums are open for registration for anyone that is interested.

XBMC just started their next cycle of integrating new features and patches. The builds may become unstable for a bit due to this. I am working off the master XBMC branch so these builds are affected.

Latest build: 2012-08-29 -- Black screen issue present

I will not be releasing aplayer builds. I will be leaving it up to Pivos to do releases.

Google TV devices are UNSUPPORTED. I do not know if / when the XBMC dev's will be supporting Google TV.

Black screen issue (Only applies to GingerBread / 2.3):
If you run XBMC and android 2.3, only receive a black screen but sounds are coming through or you don't receive an immediate crash, you suffer from this problem. If your device is not on the list below, please PM me a logcat and your device make and model number.

I have narrowed this down to what looks like a driver issue and am lacking the time to look into this any further. If anyone has experience with the NDK and OpenGL rendering problems / driver problems, let me know if you think you will be able to address the problem. I have a number of logcats and a device that suffers the problem to help aid in the fix.

• Archos 43
  • Droid Bionic
  • Droid X
  • Droid 4
  • Le Pan TC970
  • LG Optimus Black (LG p970)
  • LG Thrill
  • Motorola Droid RAZR
  • Motorola Xoom 2
  • Nook Tablet
  • Pantech Burst
  • Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S 1)

XBMC, What is That?
XBMC is a media player / HTPC software package that does just about anything you'd want on a home theater box or a portable media device. See http://www.xbmc.org for more information.

Why Here?
I have been maintaining nightly builds of XBMC for Android and after a few requests and realizing my posts have been cross-linked it's time to create a central spot for the builds.

Schedule of Builds
I will be posting updated builds to this thread as often as possible. I am tracking the git repository closely (read: I check for changes daily) and will generally build after it is clear the XBMC devs have pushed their changes for the day or previous day. I will be updating my posts when I am starting a new build. Please be patient, it takes 2-4 hours to post a build due to my slow internet connection. The linked file will contain the git revision used for the build as well as NEON / non-NEON so you know what you are getting.

What Is Special About These Builds?
I have re-built the CrystaX NDK that is required for XBMC from sources and made some compiler flag changes in order to improve NEON device support and to support the Tegra2 or other non-NEON devices. These are unsupported changes, particularly the Tegra2 and any other device without NEON. The official XBMC stance is NO device lacking NEON will receive support.

Android Version Supported
All builds are now built for 2.3.3 (GingerBread) or higher devices.

Which Build Do I Want?
There are two builds, one for Tegra2 devices and another for NEON devices (see below for specifics). If you are not sure which type of device you have, try the NEON build and if it crashes, then use the Tegra2 build. If you have a non-NEON devices that is not the Tegra2, the Tegra2 build will run, but not all that great. I will look into creating a 3rd build for these devices if there is enough interest.

Please PM me if you have a device not listed below and know which category it falls into.

NEON Devices
  • A22 (Android on a stick device)
  • Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
  • Ainol Novo 7 Elf II
  • Acer A510
  • ARCHOS/ 80 G9
  • ARNOVA 7b G3
  • ASUS Transformer Infinity Pad
  • ASUS Transformer Prime TF201
  • ASUS Transformer TF300T / ASUS Transformer Pad 300T
  • Carrefour Tablet CT 704
  • Coby MID7042
  • Cortex A8 SoC's
  • Cube U30GT
  • Dell Streak 5
  • Droid Bionic
  • Droid Razr
  • Droid Razr Maxx
  • EVO 4G LTE
  • Hannspree Hannspad 10.1
  • HP Touchpad (CM9)
  • HTC Bravo
  • HTC Desire
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC Evo 3D
  • HTC EVO 4G (NON LTE)
  • HTC Flier
  • HTC G2/DesireZ
  • HTC G7
  • HTC Holiday
  • HTC Inspire 4G
  • HTC Nexus One
  • HTC ONE V
  • HTC One X
  • HTC One XL
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Velocity
  • HTC Vivid
  • Huawei Mediapad
  • LG Optimus Black (LG p970)
  • LG Thrill
  • Maguro Gnex
  • MK802
  • Motorola Defy
  • Motorola Triumph
  • Nexus 7
  • Nook Tablet
  • Odroid-X
  • Point of View ProTab 2 XXL
  • Pantech Burst
  • Qualcomm s3
  • Rockchip RK2098
  • Rockchip RK3066
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Samsung Galaxy Note I717
  • Samsung Galaxy Note GT-7000
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy S 1 (I) (Captivate, Epic 4g confirmed, varients likely work too)
  • Samsung Galaxy S 2 (II) (All variants)
  • Samsung Galaxy S 3 (III) (All variants)
  • Samsung Galaxy S I-9001 (SGS+)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab (1) 7''
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 6800
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 SCH-I815 (Verizon LTE)
  • Samsung Rugby Smart (likely Galaxy W as well)
  • Snapdragon QSD 8250
  • Snapdragon S4 MSM8960
  • Sunchips CX-01
  • Tegra3
  • Telechips TCC8925 devices
  • Telechips TCC892x
  • T-Mobile Springboard
  • Wayteq XPad 70
  • Woxter 100
  • Xperia Neo
  • Xperia Neo V
  • Xperia S
  • Zenithink C91

Non-NEON Devices
  • Acer A100 / A500 / A200
  • Advent Vega
  • Droid X
  • Eee Transformer TF101
  • G-Slate (Lg v909)
  • Galaxy Tab GT-P7510
  • HannSpree Hannspad
  • Idolian TurboTab C8
  • Kindle Fire
  • Kyocera Echo
  • Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet
  • LG Optimus 2x
  • Motorola Atrix / Photon / Electrify (Reports of webtop working)
  • Motorola XOOM
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500)
  • Sony Tablet S
  • Tegra2
  • Toshiba Thrive (7" and 10")
  • Viewsonic G Tablet

FAQ
  • Why is the APK so large?
    This is a full build of XBMC including dependencies, resources and the like. There is a lot to the build and output. See http://pastebin.com/LgnWzdHW for a breakdown of what is contained within the APK including file sizes.
  • Does zipalign help with the size of the apk?
    I ran zipalign and it didn't reduce the file size, likely won't help given what is packed in the apk.
  • Is there a better skin for touch screens?
    Under the appearance settings there is a skin named "Touched" that works much better on touch screen devices than the default.
  • Does my hdmi out / dock / etc work for tv playback?
    There are reports of this working properly in this thread and others.
  • Can I change the resolution for hdmi / similar playback?
    Initial reports indicate this is not possible currently.
  • Does it work with CyanogenMod 10 (CM10)?
    Maybe. Some users have reported success with CM10, others have had issues.
  • How do I get Fahrenheit Temperature?
    Settings > System > International -> Change your region to USA if you want Fahrenheit

Common Problems
  1. My screen starts flickering / freaking out: Kill the app, clear the app cache, restart devices, try again. Continue until the problem goes away.
  2. I cannot play SD / 720p / 1080p content without stutters / dropped frames / audio sync issues / etc: Tough luck. Right now hardware decode support isn't complete, if your CPU can't process the video in software, you're stuck for the time being. The XBMC devs are working on hardware decode support and it will be done in due time. Do not ask for a deadline, there isn't one right now.
  3. Battery life: Expect a pretty bad battery drain. This has been confirmed by a few others as well as the devices I tested. Given the project is targeting set-top boxes and similar equipment I would not expect this to be addressed until other, larger items are taken care of. Please do not complain to the official team about this item, complain here.
  4. Resource utilization is high: This is known. Not going to change for awhile, do not complain to the official team, complain here.
  5. Audio does not work: The XBMC audio levels and Android audio levels are not the same, you will need to adjust the volume in Android up to a higher level before launching XBMC most likely.
  6. DVD Navigation may or may not work properly: This is known and being worked on by the main XBMC team.
  7. /data is inaccessible: This partition is not accessible from XBMC.

Tegra2 / non-NEON Problems (Must Read)
If your device does not have NEON, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO XBMC. Complain here.

Problems Under Investigation
  • XOOM 3g's running EOS ROMS appear to crash with a 0xdeadbeef pointer dereference
  • Screen is black and sounds come through. I am trying to hunt down the exact problem and will report back once I have more figured out. This is my top priority at the moment.

Working Add-Ons
  • 1Channel -- Developer PM'd me and the choppyness is fixed in latest version (url in add-ons links below)
  • Anarcintosh's Icefilms
  • BBC iPlayer 2
  • dpstream
  • Freecable
  • fs.ua
  • FTP Sources
  • Icefilms
  • Navi-X
  • PBS
  • Samba Sources
  • Shared Library: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=57
  • TED Talks plugin works great.
  • The Trailers plugin
  • Tuxbox
  • TVCatchup
  • Tvlinks

Broken Add-Ons
  • Bluecop's Amazon (crashes trying to unload librtmp.so -- symbol not found)
  • Bluecop's Hulu
  • MLBMC: Major League Baseball Media Center
  • myvideo.de
  • Trakt.tv stable. The version on github works on Windows, can anyone validate the version from git works on Android?
  • TuneInRadio
  • WebDav HTTPS

no working on htc jetstream and it is not in the list. I tried several version but always get the black screen
2nd September 2012, 05:50 AM |#619  
Flag Provo
Thanks Meter: 229

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankygoop

no working on htc jetstream and it is not in the list. I tried several version but always get the black screen

It takes a while to load the first time. Give it several minutes.
2nd September 2012, 10:12 AM |#620  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Can people stop quoting the OP in their replies.
It's annoying and everyone has read OP

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toker_X1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toker_X1 Ad-Free
2nd September 2012, 11:31 AM |#621  

More
Hello,
I got some bug on this app.
It is the music player, it doesn't play all musics.
It's just only play the music that I select.
How can I solve this problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htpc, xbmc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)