FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2012, 09:31 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hello, how are you?

So, after owning my galaxy Note since April, I've got fed up with toichwiz and flashed CM10 preview. I really like the aosp feel of android.
After living with my note for some time, I really like the screen, the colour and the size.
What I have come to dislike is the general size of the device. At times, when put of the house or the office I wish for a smaller, more practical device to handle with one hand and to take pictures with. The note is just a bit clumsy at times.

So, a couple of days ago a sweet deal came IP and I picked a galaxy nexus.
I now have both devices. My goal was to test them for a few days and then sell the one I liked less...

The thing is I cannot make up my mind.
The nexus is really smooth, excellent os performance and great handling. Mich more practical. The thing is it does not have the note screen. I thing I kind of got hooked on the note screen and am finding hard to let go.

So, in your opinion, which phone should I keep and why?
Hope you can help me to make a decision.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

31st August 2012, 08:36 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys wich from these 3 are better';;;]]

galaxy sII ,,,galaxy nexus,,, or galaxy note?? i want to buy one of these so wich has the best battery and other things ?? um if i dont buy an unlocked phone can i unlock it later??
31st August 2012, 11:09 PM |#83  
Co. Tyrone

More
Question New Purchase :: Nexus 7 or TF700
Hi Everyone,
So I ripped this from another thread I started after being told this one now exists: my bad.

Anyway I have had my eye on the TF700 for quite a while then the nexus 7 was released though I am still leaning in the direction of the TF700 but I want to get other peoples opinions on the matter, especially from anyone who has had a chance to use both. So please if anyone has experiance with two device I would really like to hear your comments, and or suggestions.

Also does anyone in the UK now what shops are demoing these devices, i will be checking out my local carphone warehouse this weekend to see if they have the nexus 7 as I don't think anywhere has the TF700 in the UK yet.

Anyone got insider info on what shops maybe stocking the TF700?

Thanks for your time and will see you on the forums.

Cheers
31st August 2012, 11:36 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
yes,S its good one.maybe i change my DHD with S )Thank you.
1st September 2012, 03:28 AM |#85  
Flag Michigan

More
xperia mini pro
sony continues to update software on this phone. Does that alone make it worth getting a hold of?
1st September 2012, 06:24 AM |#86  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michibags

sony continues to update software on this phone. Does that alone make it worth getting a hold of?

yes if u like small chubby phones with keyboard
but right now no phone out there is like this so you should hold on
1st September 2012, 10:33 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi, there is a butload hi-end phones BUT there are very few with HW qwerty keyboard, AFAIK last hi-performance was milestone 3. Are there any phones with slide-out qwerty keyboard planed in future?
1st September 2012, 03:46 PM |#88  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIPHEE

Hi, there is a butload hi-end phones BUT there are very few with HW qwerty keyboard, AFAIK last hi-performance was milestone 3. Are there any phones with slide-out qwerty keyboard planed in future?

Motorola Droid 4 which should allow use on international GSM networks. Samsung Captivate Glide which can be GSM unlocked. And Motorola Photon Q, the beast of them all, I don't know about using it outside of US though.
Lots of rumors lately about the Samsung Galaxy Reverb which would be hitting Tmobile, so unlocking that will allow use on any GSM network. New rumors about the Samsung Stratosphere 2 as well, should have the ability to use international GSM networks.
Dang, if the last high end qwerty phone you heard about was the Milestone 3 (aka Droid 3), you really need to catch up on tech news

Sent from my MB508 using xda premium
1st September 2012, 04:54 PM |#89  
Flag Beijing, China

More
Smile
recently new lenovo phones are coming out,
any opinions on this? until now they haven't released any high resolution screens!
1st September 2012, 08:31 PM |#90  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,271

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJatrix

RAZR gsm or galaxy nexus? I have the nexus and have flashed everything on here and bored as hell. Would I like the RAZR? I loved my Atrix 2 when I had it so tell me if I'll like the Atrix 2. Build quality, hardware etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Personally, I'd keep the Nexus really. As you'll know from having it, even though you're getting bored of it, it's still a great phone. It's got great specs all around and the added bonus of Google supporting it.
But if you're getting bored of it to the extent of wanting a different phone, the Razr is a good choice.
With dual core 1.2 ghz processor, 8mp cam and cm10, it definitely is great for an older device.

If you have the money for it though, the Galaxy S2 should be a definite choice because even though it seems to have the same specs as other phones around at the time, it easily out performs them and still keeps up with flagship devices today.
Plus there's a ton of dev support and Google are supporting by giving it official JB later this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagdude

Well guys, just discovered the miracle of Ting, will be switching in 2 months or so when contract is up.
They have two LTE devices for preorder, both at $520-530 (photon q at $520 and sgs3 at $530 something for 16gb model which is all I need). So by the time my contract is up, I'm fairly sure both will be fully available.
I'm really fighting with myself over if I should get the photon q as the most powerful qwerty keyboard phone available, but less development
Or the galaxy s3 with a giant hd screen, great battery life, best spec'd phone, and lots of development. (Its the same as the sprint sgs3 so I should be able to do anything on that on the ting version too, right?)
My main issue is if I should really get a qwerty keyboard phone when they are dying out... I like them and as you can see in my sig I have never owned a non qwerty Android. Can I adapt to an on screen keyboard only phone easily enough?

Sent from my MB508 using xda premium

I'd suggest the S3 because as you said, its the best spec'd phone with great battery and dev support.

I think you'll easily be able to adapt because I had a load of QWERTY phones then decided to get the SE Xperia X8 and fell in love with it. Having an on screen keyboard really wasn't a problem, simply because of how good the device was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandros050

Hello guys i live in Canada and i want to buy a good smartphone... um i was looking at the galaxy s2 but i saw it hasnt a good battery... so can you guys recomend me a good smartphone with a good battery life??? i can give 500$ on phone somewhere like that... usually i buy from amazon ... i dont want any contracts with companys

does the SII have a good battery?

Some people may have had problems with the S2's battery in earlier batches of it, but there's definitely not a problem now.
I'm an extremely heavy user and it comfortably lasts me. I take it off charge at around 9am. Then I normally spend about 3-4 hours playing games like NOVA 3 and Modern Combat 3. I do a load of internet browsing and then a fair bit of streaming from Netflix. Whilst tethering it so I can use my other device on the internet. It then needs charging again around 9-10pm.
Battery life can vary between devices though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartphan

hi all. i''m lookink to buy a good android phone and my options for now are the xperia arc s and the optimus 2x. which one do you recommend me? the 2x is more expensive but its dual-core. does it really make a diffrence? is a 1ghz dualcore much faster than a 1.4ghz single core? share your thoughts and experience about these phones. also you can recommend me another phone (i would buy the s2 but its a bit expensive). maybe optimus black?. i'm waiting for answers.

best regards!

Even though at stock, the 2x beats the arc s, with the dev support for the arc s it's pushed ahead quite a bit.
So even though it's processor isn't as powerful, its definitely the best choice and cheaper aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedelhofy

I'm thinking about a Galaxy W

then i noticed a new phone which is Galaxy ace 2

which one is better

Note : Galaxy ace 2 proccessor is 800 MHZ dual Core ARMv7
Galaxy W proccessor is 1400 GHZ single core ARMv7
Ram in Galaxy ace 2 is 768 MB RAM (accessible: 555 MB)
Ram in Galaxy W is 512 MB RAM (accessible: 355 MB)

i like gaming a lot on phones so iam worried to buy galaxy ace 2 because the proccessor speed (800MHZ is slow on Games but i don't know if dual core will make games faster or not ?!) but the ram is very good compared to galaxy w (555 vs 355)

and there some comparisons between the two phones you can watch them
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/6940,6098
http://geekaphone.com/compare/Samsun...msung-GALAXY-W
http://www.compare-cellphones.org/Sa...msung-GALAXY-W

I think the galaxy ace 2 will be better for you because even though its processor speed is low, with it dual core it makes up for it.
I think you should be able to run the games you want comfortably enough. And at least with this choice, you'll have more ram aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdourado

Hello, how are you?

So, after owning my galaxy Note since April, I've got fed up with toichwiz and flashed CM10 preview. I really like the aosp feel of android.
After living with my note for some time, I really like the screen, the colour and the size.
What I have come to dislike is the general size of the device. At times, when put of the house or the office I wish for a smaller, more practical device to handle with one hand and to take pictures with. The note is just a bit clumsy at times.

So, a couple of days ago a sweet deal came IP and I picked a galaxy nexus.
I now have both devices. My goal was to test them for a few days and then sell the one I liked less...

The thing is I cannot make up my mind.
The nexus is really smooth, excellent os performance and great handling. Mich more practical. The thing is it does not have the note screen. I thing I kind of got hooked on the note screen and am finding hard to let go.

So, in your opinion, which phone should I keep and why?
Hope you can help me to make a decision.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Both of these are great devices so at least in terms of what they're capable of, they can both pretty much equal each other.
The Gnex is a great device as you mentioned yourself, and is a great size aswell.

I suggest that even though you like the screen on the Note, the Gnex is still the best option to keep because it's a great device and one of the best devices around, compared to its specs. It also still has a great screen, so even though it's not the same screen, the Gnex still has all the boxes ticked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandros050

Guys wich from these 3 are better';;;]]

galaxy sII ,,,galaxy nexus,,, or galaxy note?? i want to buy one of these so wich has the best battery and other things ?? um if i dont buy an unlocked phone can i unlock it later??

As far as I know, they can all be unlocked so that bit isn't a problem.
The best battery life is on the S2. On paper, the battery on the Gnex and the Note was supposed to be better than the S2, but in reality they're not.

The best overall though is the Gnex I reckon because even though it's battery isn't as good, it's still got enough battery to last the day on moderate use. It's supported by Google so updates will get to it extremely early compared to other devices. And overall use of it is great. It's really smooth with a great UI. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveDev

Hi Everyone,
So I ripped this from another thread I started after being told this one now exists: my bad.

Anyway I have had my eye on the TF700 for quite a while then the nexus 7 was released though I am still leaning in the direction of the TF700 but I want to get other peoples opinions on the matter, especially from anyone who has had a chance to use both. So please if anyone has experiance with two device I would really like to hear your comments, and or suggestions.

Also does anyone in the UK now what shops are demoing these devices, i will be checking out my local carphone warehouse this weekend to see if they have the nexus 7 as I don't think anywhere has the TF700 in the UK yet.

Anyone got insider info on what shops maybe stocking the TF700?

Thanks for your time and will see you on the forums.

Cheers

I'm thinking the n7 will be your best option because it's one of the very best in terms of specs, Google support and dev support.
It's the whole package really and it even looks smooth and slick to go with it.
But this all depends on whether you're a gamer or not. If indeed you are a gamer and want optimum graphics and performance whilst playing high end games, then wait to find out where will sell the TF700 but if you're not a gamer, then the Nexus 7 is definitely your best option as it will perform anything you wish perfectly and is better for holding aswell.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
1st September 2012, 09:50 PM |#91  

More
I'm using a SENSE
I am used to Sense but I am sure I could get used to Touchwiz as well, and I just read in the portal that ROM Cleaner works with the SGS3 now, as long as I can rid of the bloat I am content. I am sure that when my contract is done in a year there will be something newer and better out anyways.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)