By jerrytan93, Recognized Themer on 16th February 2012, 06:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2012, 05:20 PM |#391  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,299

Donate to Me
More
My final development post
Alright so I'm sorry to announce that I'm leaving this project officially, however if someone are interested to continue this project, here's some info from Zargloub which you may want to fix if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargloub

Hi,
I'm coming back from hollidays.
Having a quick look at your page "IceDroid".
The video playing HW acceleration is done by dsp. kernel is not concerned.
External libraries are used to give android access to dsp processor (somewhere like in /system/lib/dsp/*.so ).
When he needs, Android checks if libraries for playing a type of video is presend (for exemple H.264, mpeg4, 720P), if yes, library is used, otherwise, if possible, he uses software rendering. You should check if dsp libraries are available for qualcom.
For the wifi problems, i'll have a look soon .. lot of work when coming back at the office.
about boot with sd card, if you have some time, it would be interesting to check removing all services in init.rc and init.kovsky.rc (axcept console one, to access with adb ) and check if it allways block.
Have fun ...

For those advance user like CoolrunnerII and Elibl you can contact zargloub for further discussion, I believe in one day you all will achieve FIRST FULLY WORKING NAND ROM FOR XPERIA X1..

Finally, I will leave Xperia X1 development now and continue my Android journey to HTC Sensation as a themer.. happy to say that this place had let me learned many things about Android ( this is my first device running Android and the place I started to be a dev ), and meet some nice guys too! You guys are awesome and supportive!

I will not replying any more PM about IceDroid and my other CWM project.. for newcomer if you are looking for help / support / tips you can contact those advance user as I stated above.. I'm sure they are always ready to help you.

Have a nice day and GOOD BYE !
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jerrytan93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerrytan93 Ad-Free

3rd September 2012, 07:16 PM |#392  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Take care and good luck.

Best.
9th September 2012, 09:21 PM |#393  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Great ROM! I'm waiting for next version with battery % fix!

AND AGAIN: THANK YOU.
10th September 2012, 03:31 PM |#394  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis

Great ROM! I'm waiting for next version with battery % fix!

Sadly, jerry said it won't be a next version... But I hope Coolrunner and Elibl will do something to finish with the development
13th September 2012, 10:30 PM |#395  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
network problem
hey guys.

Thx for the great rom.

i got a problem

i keep getting this problem. "error while searching for networks".
i think that's why i can't get 3g.
but i don't know how to fix it.
can you please help me??

thx
16th September 2012, 01:08 PM |#396  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Easy Tether working in Icedroid v8
To whom it could take interest,

On this marvellous rom, WifiTether doesn't work but instead we can use EasyTetherPro without problems.

Many thanks to jerrytan93 and Zargloub and CoolrunnerII, great work.

Best.
26th September 2012, 04:36 PM |#397  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Hi folks,

I've noticed that in the "build.prop" file there are two same command lines with different values:

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network=0
ro.telephony.default_network=1
I've removed the "ro.telephony.default_network=1" because is better having UMTS by default to save battery. After this change the mobile signal has enhanced a lot.

On the other hand, I've replaced the wpa-supplicant file from coolrunnerII rom to IceDroid and the wifi seems to works better.

Also, I saw that some tweaks in the init.d are duplicated so I've tryed to clean it a bit.

Also, as the I/O scheduler is settled in deadline mode, if you use SetCPU choose always this option to avoid overheat the battery.

Best.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taninos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taninos Ad-Free
26th September 2012, 07:46 PM |#398  
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
first thanks for your effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by taninos

Hi folks,

I've noticed that in the "build.prop" file there are two same command lines with different values:

Code:
ro.telephony.default_network=0
ro.telephony.default_network=1
thanks for you

I've removed the "ro.telephony.default_network=1" because is better having UMTS by default to save battery. After this change the mobile signal has enhanced a lot.

awesome! just to be sure you left it set to 0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taninos

On the other hand, I've replaced the wpa-supplicant file from coolrunnerII rom to IceDroid and the wifi seems to works better.

Also, I saw that some tweaks in the init.d are duplicated so I've tryed to clean it a bit.

Also, as the I/O scheduler is settled in deadline mode, if you use SetCPU choose always this option to avoid overheat the battery.

Best.

good thing i also already noticed the duplications there but hadn't the time to sort out. would you share your work with us for the github repo?

all the best
26th September 2012, 10:06 PM |#399  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hello everyone,

and first of all a big "thank you" to jerrytan93 for his dedicated work. It's unfortunate that he will not continue developing IceDroid, but I fully understand his decision. Best of luck to you, man.

I did my first ever Android flash to my Xperia X1 today. Previous experiences in custom ROMs were only made using WM 6.5.3 ("XKan's ROM V4") and the ghastly stock ROM from 2009.

I have to say that IceDroid V8 runs pretty stable on the X1. Performance is not very snappy, but that had to be expected from a three year old device. In any ways it is an improvement over anything like WM 6.x, and the access to the Google Market opens up a whole new world of opportunity (although the joy this is somewhat diminished by the phone's small internal memory and the restrictions in the market).

Most of the functionality is there, I give credit for that. A lot of the things that do not (yet) work have already been mentioned in previous posts, but I will put my list here anyway:
  1. (Boot with SD card not working, have yet to check the reformatting approach)
  2. GPS not working
  3. WLAN signal strength indicator in the status bar always shows only 1 bar
  4. WLAN disconnects because of unknown reasons/circumstances. Does not reconnect. Turning WLAN on/off results in reconnect
  5. USB mass storage connectivity not working. Device recognized by PC ("bong"), but no entry in explorer
  6. Camera focus not working

I have not yet had the chance to test GSM/voice/3G/HSPA/WLAN tethering because my SIM is in another device. Will get back to that in the next days.

Please let me know if I can test anything for you developers, the X1 is my secondary (or rather tertiary) phone. I was close to throwing it away when I noticed the Android development .

Best regards,
Smoover
26th September 2012, 10:29 PM |#400  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 279

More
So, what are the differences in stability between NAND and EXT? Just wondering.
27th September 2012, 04:44 PM |#401  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

So, what are the differences in stability between NAND and EXT? Just wondering.

I think that an ext rom provides more battery drain but better system performance. The ext roms kernels can't manage the camera but can use 642200mhz as default max. frequency.

From my point of view a Froyo 2.2 is better OS for our xperia than a GB 2.3, but all developers have never stand with a froyo-nand-rom, they've gave it up and they've always tried to build GB nand-roms.

Anyway both sort of roms are not perfect, but we have to be grateful for the effort made by the developers and themers.

The actual nand roms are in the good way thanks to zargloub, jerrytan93, elibl and coolrunnerII. But we are in the hands of coolrunnerII because he (or she) is the only one working on xperia x1 kernel nowadays.

You can try the last GBX0C ext rom (Midnight's ported) or another jerrytan93 ext roms to compare.

My favorite ext rom is TwizDroid (take care with the freeze key problem).

Best.
The Following User Says Thank You to oakes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oakes Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 2.3.7, ice cream sandwich

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)