FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Don't Start A New Thread - Raphael Questions & Answers Here!

3,249 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By scotchua, Retired Senior Moderator on 16th October 2008, 06:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2012, 01:47 PM |#3061  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

More
That is to be expected, the drastic battery drain below 10%. Which is why I mentioned cutting off at 80% and don't let it drop below 20%. Have you attempted to drop the display brightness and seeing about the wifi deal? Additionally, have you ever considered purchasing another battery?
The Following User Says Thank You to R^7Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R^7Z Ad-Free

3rd September 2012, 06:44 PM |#3062  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

That is to be expected, the drastic battery drain below 10%. Which is why I mentioned cutting off at 80% and don't let it drop below 20%. Have you attempted to drop the display brightness and seeing about the wifi deal? Additionally, have you ever considered purchasing another battery?

well before getting to 10% battery drains quickly but after 10% battery take lot of time to drain ... nope I have no purchased another battery yet
but the battery meter got pinkish ... very light but redish or pinkish
3rd September 2012, 11:07 PM |#3063  

More
Does that mean that you've attempted any of the work-a-rounds mentioned earlier? I'm not using any data and it takes anywhere from 7 to about 10 days for my battery to drain to 20%.
The Following User Says Thank You to R^7Z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R^7Z Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 11:16 AM |#3064  

More
Quote:

Does that mean that you've attempted any of the work-a-rounds mentioned earlier? I'm not using any data and it takes anywhere from 7 to about 10 days for my battery to drain to 20%.

I tried this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1292
now battery drained to 70% after 6 7 hours worked a bit ... and please tell me on which % should I start charging it again ? pardon me for pathetic english
4th September 2012, 04:50 PM |#3065  

More
Start charging anywhere between 10% and 20% till somewhere around or above 80%
5th September 2012, 11:25 AM |#3066  

More
Quote:

Start charging anywhere between 10% and 20% till somewhere around or above 80%

how many times do i have to charge like this..? and does tbattery tells you about the condition of your battery ? is it damaged or not ?
5th September 2012, 06:18 PM |#3067  

More
I'd suggest if you want to get the most out of your battery, to always charge it this way. It shouldn't drop no more than 5% - 10% per 8 hours for standby and it just depends on what you are operating and how many things (bluetooth, wifi, games, internet etc) you operate at one time for a specific period of time. I'd say for hard use (if you run everything) for longer than an hour, you should expect the battery to be close to depletion in about 3/4 hours. Granted, you have a really good/new battery, maybe less if you have a not so good/bad battery. You should be able to still run it/make calls but don't expect much performance. Some say you should be able to tell by the output voltage but I'm slightly skeptical. I usually can tell if my battery is bad by how long it remains at any percentage being in standby. I think that is a good baseline to go by, not perfect but good enough for me. The other option you'd have is if you know you are going to run video, is to keep it connected to an external charger. That way you should be able to watch your video and not worry with the display timing out. Of course you could just change the setting but to me, that is kind of like deliberately discharging your battery at a faster rate. Which may have some unwanted side effects. Still another option would be to either buy an extended battery pack OR a portable charger.
27th December 2012, 05:26 PM |#3068  

More
Battery issues... for me too..

I'm running XDandroid.. love it, but the battery drains fast.. Maybe it's normal, but I' m always anxious I'm going to run out of battery at the moment I really need my phone
Any other (Energy?) rom that can be run from the SD card? So I can keep Windows on the phone.. (I'll probably brick it anyways).

Maybe I should buy another battery, but I don' t know if that would help..
28th December 2012, 07:08 AM |#3069  

More
AFAIK the ROM that is flashed to your phone doesn't matter because WinMo is completely shut down when you run Android (the whole reason why your phone must be restarted). If you haven't purchased a battery yet and you've had your device since 2008, it might not be a bad idea (if you are keeping the RAPH as your main device) to look for another battery.
28th December 2012, 08:52 AM |#3070  

More
Quote:

AFAIK the ROM that is flashed to your phone doesn't matter because WinMo is completely shut down when you run Android (the whole reason why your phone must be restarted). If you haven't purchased a battery yet and you've had your device since 2008, it might not be a bad idea (if you are keeping the RAPH as your main device) to look for another battery.

Ok, I could buy another battery... but: how long can XdAndroid run on this device.. Sometimes I hear a couple of hours.. sometimes a couple of days. I know the battery drainers etc.. but I just have to use wifi a couple of times (I would rather let it check on it' s own, like with Easy Battery saver, but doesn' t seem to work anymore), and use the Opera Browser .. that's it, and maybe a short phonecall.

If it would make a difference, of course I would buy another battery..

And I' ve been searching and searching for hours, but XDandroid still seems like the best rom.. (without the risk of bricking the phone that is).
28th December 2012, 05:02 PM |#3071  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl

Ok, I could buy another battery... but: how long can XdAndroid run on this device.. Sometimes I hear a couple of hours.. sometimes a couple of days. I know the battery drainers etc.. but I just have to use wifi a couple of times (I would rather let it check on it' s own, like with Easy Battery saver, but doesn' t seem to work anymore), and use the Opera Browser .. that's it, and maybe a short phonecall.

If it would make a difference, of course I would buy another battery..

And I' ve been searching and searching for hours, but XDandroid still seems like the best rom.. (without the risk of bricking the phone that is).

I'm looking at batteries right now.. I would buy a 1340 mAh one, instead of 1000 mAh.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
"internet sharing", 32gb microsd, activesync, adv.config, antenna, appointment, at&t fuze, battery, birthday, blank, bluetooth, bug, calendar, cellular radio, color, contacts, coverage, customization, deleted, directional pad, dopod 838, drain, e-mail, email, enter key, error synchronizing, fm radio, font, freeze, fuze, fuze redfly, garmin, gps, headphones, help touch pro problem, hinge, home, home screen, htc touch pro cab files, ics, imap4, internet sharing, internetconnectionsharing, internetsharing, irish radio battery, itunes, key mapping, keyboard, locking device, mda, memory card encryption, message, messaging, mms, modem, mtty, naft, network, network wizard, outlook, pan, pdf reader fuze, phone, playlists, pocketsheild, poor, problem, raphael, ratings, recovery, request, ring, rom, s2u2, satellite, screen, sending email, service, signal, signal boost, sim, slide to unlock, sounds, sprint, system permissions, t-mobile, test, text message, text messaging, tips, tmobile, today, tomtom, touch pro, vario iv, vibrate, wifi, windows mobile, wm5, wobble, xda serra, yahoo mail, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)