FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][CM10][JB][4.1.2][SGT7][P1000/N/L][PDroid][20121127][RETIRED]

1,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,938

By alroger, Senior Member on 4th September 2012, 09:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My CM10 build for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" P1000/N/L/ (CDMA? testers?).
Based on the SGT7 repo (cdesai, sbradymobile and humberos).
Here is @cdesai's original thread.

Alroger's downloads (info, tips and troubleshooting included)
Humberos's downloads (you can use my PDroid Patches with them).

You can use the boot.img kernels inside the ZIPs to test other MTD builds like the official CyanogenMod and AOKP, which often don't offer latin kernels, as long as they have the same partition layout. Don't use the latest kernel on nightlies BEFORE 20120923!

UPDATE: 20121127 available. @humberos' kernel. Little UI updates, BT and Sensor fixes. EXIF Fix for Geotagging photos (works with Ingress now)!
UPDATE: 20121120 available. @humberos' kernel. kernel tweaks, sbradymobile updates, LED brightness, clear recent apps button.
UPDATE: 20121113 available. @humberos' kernel. Memory fix, video fix, wifi fix, 1.4GHz OC.
UPDATE: 20121111 available. @humberos' kernel. Little things. Voodoo Sound is back.
UPDATE: 20121108 available. @humberos' kernel. Performance, battery and wireless fixes, including infamous ksoftirqd/0. Brazilian DST fixes.
UPDATE: 20121104 @humberos test kernel available for flashing. VPN works! Even mppe encrypted!
UPDATE: 20121104 available. @humberos' kernel, little fixes and updates.
UPDATE: 20121031 available. @humberos' kernel, little fixes, translations... you tell me.
UPDATE: 20121024 available. @humberos' kernel, @sbradymobile tweaks: 1-Touch USB Mount!
UPDATE: 20121023 available. @humberos' kernel, Loads of updates (4.1.2), GPU OC using Antutu, @sbradymobile tweaks, etc.
UPDATE: 20121015 PDroid Patch for latest CM10 Android 4.1.2 available.
UPDATE: 20121009 available. @humberos' kernel. Little fixes?
UPDATE: 20121007 available. @humberos' kernel. better battery? more Trebuchet tweaks by @sbradymobile and misc translations.
UPDATE: 20121005 @humberos kernel available for flashing. No more unwanted Wifi sleep. USB driver fixes?
UPDATE: 20121001 available. @humberos‘ kernel, better memory management, less reboots, more Trebuchet tweaks by @sbradymobile.
UPDATE: 20120927b @humberos kernel. Want speed? Flash this and let us know.
UPDATE: 20120927 available. @humberos‘ kernel improvements, @sbradymobile tweaks, fullscreen auto-hide bar?
UPDATE: 20120925b @humberos kernel Fixed Wifi MAC!
UPDATE: 20120925 @humberos kernel available for flashing. Memory management fixes. Try zRAM to fix reboots!
UPDATE: 20120923 available. @humberos kernel, New New Partition Layout, big /data again. All data will be lost again!
UPDATE: 20120921 available. @humberos kernel, zRAM working through system configuration and zCACHE updates.
UPDATE: 20120920 available. @humberos kernel, pdroid, new partition layout, better memory management, zRAM and zCACHE, USB Fast Charge.
UPDATE: 20120919 available. @humberos kernel, pdroid, new partition layout, better memory management.
UPDATE: 20120915 @humberos kernel available for flashing. Faster Wifi and Swap available for testing.
UPDATE: 20120914 available. @cdesai kernel, pdroid, new partition layout, HW video and Camera fixed! Tablet Mode in System/Status Bar!
UPDATE: 20120910 New PDroid Patch available for @humberos and nightly builds with new partition layout.
UPDATE: 20120903 available. @humberos kernel, tweaks and PDroid. No partition changes yet.

PDroid Patches included and available separately as CwM Flash install.
NoMoarPowah! GalaxyTab stockblue theme available.

OBS: No need to restock.

Easy restock from Gingerbread:
  • Flash full stock Gingerbread (with repartition).
  • Flash Kernel with CwM. Doesn't have to be Overcome, could be any CF-root kernel for your model.
  • Boot directly into CwM Recovery, holding VolUp.
  • Flash CM10 ROM and GApps!
Cheers! Thanks everyone!

==[SCREENSHOTS ro.sf.lcd_density=120]==

The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to alroger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alroger Ad-Free

4th September 2012, 09:44 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deerfield Beach

More
Thumbs up Building CM10 successful.
[UPDATE 20121113] Back to userdebug instead of eng.

Android 4.1.2 compiling now.. New PDroid patches for 4.1.2 working.

Plugin your device via USB (ADB enabled) for the extract-files part!
Code:
mkdir ~/cm10
cd ~/cm10
repo init -u git://github.com/sgt7/android.git -b jellybean
repo sync
cd vendor/cm
./get-prebuilts
cd ../..
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch cm_p1n-userdebug
cd device/samsung/p1
./extract-files.sh
cd ../../..
time make -j6 bacon
# cm_p1n-userdebug, cm_p1l-userdebug or cm_p1c-userdebug for CDMA
# -j6 for 2 threads per core (3 cores here)

Using the following right now, in .repo/local_manifest.xml, to get all humberos updates. extract-files takes care of the proprietary files.

Code:
  <project name="humberos/android_kernel_samsung_p1" path="kernel/samsung/p1" remote="github" revision="cm-10.0.0" />
  <project name="humberos/android_device_samsung_p1-common" path="device/samsung/p1-common" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />
Not needed anymore: If compiling with PDroid, gotta delete a couple files so it won't exceed the 65536 method limit:
Code:
rm frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/{SonyQualcommRIL.java,HTCQualcommRIL.java,LGEQualcommRIL.java,LGEQualcommUiccRIL.java,MotoWrigley3GRIL.java,SemcRIL.java,Smdk4210RIL.java}

Not needed anymore.

Cheers!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to alroger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alroger Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 09:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deerfield Beach

More
Video BUGs, Video, Camera, etc...
BUGs? You tell me.
My build should have the same flaws as official CM nightlies, humberos and cdesai builds.
HW Video working!
Camera working!
New partition layout!
Tablet Mode!
Better memory management!

[UPDATE 20120914]
New build out with all the goodies so far...
Never seen Youtube Apps and Videos so fast, EVER on this Tab. Never seen HD videos so crisp and clear, 0 stutter with HW acceleration! MX Player was updated with new HW+ codec, which makes video, that normally wouldn't, work in HW!

[UPDATE 20120911]
@humberos 20120908 build has HW video accel and New Partition Layout! Pretty good. My PDroid Patches work fine with it.

Test videos for HW codec: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=805
I use MX Player.

Reporting Bugs

Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

Please read the thread for known issues before reporting.
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
What is your--
Tablet model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alroger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alroger Ad-Free
4th September 2012, 10:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
thanks alroger
4th September 2012, 10:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thanks Alroger, are there any bugs in this version?
4th September 2012, 01:01 PM |#6  
Flag Batangas
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Would be nice if H/W acceleration is present..720p and 1080p videos can't play smoothly. Waiting for the next release.
4th September 2012, 09:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I tried to change screen resolution (from 160 to 240 dpi) and after that the tab refuse to start and don't go over the bootscreen. I wiped all the data and install everything and after that the tab boot normally. I think there is something wrong with different screen resolution, another guy has the same problem with humberos release (maybe the kernel?)
4th September 2012, 09:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Deerfield Beach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleviz

I tried to change screen resolution (from 160 to 240 dpi) and after that the tab refuse to start and don't go over the bootscreen. I wiped all the data and install everything and after that the tab boot normally. I think there is something wrong with different screen resolution, another guy has the same problem with humberos release (maybe the kernel?)

I don't think it works in 240... not yet at least.
160 and 120 work fine for me.
5th September 2012, 01:31 AM |#9  
Flag ABQ - Albuquerque Metro, NM
Thanks Meter: 1,111

Donate to Me
More
How did you change dpi? If you used an ago, it'll just boot loop. I'm using one of the CM10 kangs and 240 dpi works well.

Blasted from my HTC Rezound (Zone23s Newtified 3.2.1)
5th September 2012, 02:24 AM |#10  
Flag Astana
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ZMAN

How did you change dpi? If you used an ago, it'll just boot loop. I'm using one of the CM10 kangs and 240 dpi works well.

change the value "screen destiny" in build.prop
5th September 2012, 02:53 AM |#11  
Flag ABQ - Albuquerque Metro, NM
Thanks Meter: 1,111

Donate to Me
More
That's how I did mine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, jellybean, p1000n, pdroid

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)