[APP] Updated: 07/09/12 - HTC Quick Root v1.1.13 - ROOT ANY HTC!

Search This thread

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
HTC Quick Root - For ALL HTC Devices

Here is my One Click Root and UnRoot solution for ALL HTC Devices.

Note that the Insecure Boot.img method is for all devices but requires S-OFF and your Insecure Boot.img MUST have 'ro.secure' set to '0' and not use a patched adbd binary.

The Universal Exploit should work for all devices as long as you are running a FULL Stock ROM including recovery.

The Universal Exploit WILL however fail if it has been patched by HTC on the Stock ROM you are using.

Features:
  • Root Using Insecure 'Boot.img' (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
  • Option to Flash 'HBOOT' Image after Rooting, even if your device is 'S-ON'!
  • Verify MD5 Checksum of 'HBOOT' Image after backing up and after flashing.
  • Unroot Device by Patching 'adbd' binary as Insecure.
  • Root Tools to Clear Battery Stats and Dalvik Cache.
  • Reboot device to any mode after Rooting.
  • Execute Reboot commands independantly.
  • Thorough Error Checking and Stable ADB Framework implementation.
  • Includes BusyBox v1.20.2 and SuperSU v0.96
Note: Make sure you Enable USB Debugging and Disable 'Fastboot' under Power in Settings before using HTC Quick Root.

Enjoy! :)

Whats New in v1.1.13:

1. Added: Error detection in the Universal Exploit Method will now report an Error if the Exploit has been patched on the installed firmware.
2. Changed: Independent Reboot Options now support Fastboot aswell as ADB.
3. Fixed: A few other minor bugs and made a few alterations to the code in general.

Whats New in v1.1.12:

1. Fixed: A bug in Device Detection that caused Null Reference Exceptions in some situations.
2. Changed: Made some cosmetic changes in the 'Wait For Device' Dialog.
3. Fixed: The Power Pack 10.0 Error will no longer occur. Dependancy has now been removed.
4. Improved: Error handling changes have now been made.
5. Added: HTC Quick Root will now perform a clean up after 'Failed!' Errors as long as the device is still connected with ADB.
6. Fixed: A few other minor bugs.

Whats New in v1.1.10:

1. Initial Release.

Attachments

• HTC_QuickRoot_Main.png
    HTC_QuickRoot_Main.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 59,458
  • HTC_QuickRoot_1.1.13_Release.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 325,865
Last edited:

bl4ckluna

Dec 27, 2010
ShenZhen
GOOD JOB,but...Do U Know HTC Primo_U can't restore hboot.img ? i have try to restore it. dd if notice me success.but hboot is original....

Last edited:

Silversniper

Nov 20, 2011
Linz
Maybe add logcat funktion too. Aren't there different files needed for every device for this to work?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

lyriquidperfection

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2009
Nottingham
Maybe add logcat funktion too. Aren't there different files needed for every device for this to work?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app

Not unless you want to root via insecure boot image then in that case its device specific. Also HBOOT is also device specific but the Universal Exploit will work on any device that hasn't had the vulnerability patched.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nyjw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Quick Root - For ALL HTC Devices

Here is my One Click Root and UnRoot solution for ALL HTC Devices.

Note that the Insecure Boot.img method is for all devices but requires S-OFF and your Insecure Boot.img MUST have 'ro.secure' set to '0' and not use a patched adbd binary.

The Universal Exploit should work for all devices as long as you are running a FULL Stock ROM including recovery.

The Universal Exploit WILL however fail if it has been patched by HTC on the Stock ROM you are using.

Features:
    • Root Using Insecure 'Boot.img' (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
    • Option to Flash 'HBOOT' Image after Rooting, even if your device is 'S-ON'!
    • Verify MD5 Checksum of 'HBOOT' Image after backing up and after flashing.
    • Unroot Device by Patching 'adbd' binary as Insecure.
    • Root Tools to Clear Battery Stats and Dalvik Cache.
    • Reboot device to any mode after Rooting.
    • Execute Reboot commands independantly.
    • Thorough Error Checking and Stable ADB Framework implementation.
    • Includes BusyBox v1.20.2 and SuperSU v0.96
    Note: Make sure you Enable USB Debugging and Disable 'Fastboot' under Power in Settings before using HTC Quick Root.

Enjoy! :)

Whats New in v1.1.13:

1. Added: Error detection in the Universal Exploit Method will now report an Error if the Exploit has been patched on the installed firmware.
    2. Changed: Independent Reboot Options now support Fastboot aswell as ADB.
    3. Fixed: A few other minor bugs and made a few alterations to the code in general.

Whats New in v1.1.12:

1. Fixed: A bug in Device Detection that caused Null Reference Exceptions in some situations.
    2. Changed: Made some cosmetic changes in the 'Wait For Device' Dialog.
    3. Fixed: The Power Pack 10.0 Error will no longer occur. Dependancy has now been removed.
    4. Improved: Error handling changes have now been made.
    5. Added: HTC Quick Root will now perform a clean up after 'Failed!' Errors as long as the device is still connected with ADB.
    6. Fixed: A few other minor bugs.

Whats New in v1.1.10:

1. Initial Release.
    Does this also work for getting S-Off?

If he actually found a way to flash an HBOOT then it's at least a very important step to S-OFF. If you modify the right instructions inside HBOOT you can achieve S-OFF.

Root Using Insecure 'Boot.img' (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
    Option to Flash 'HBOOT' Image after Rooting, even if your device is 'S-ON'!

I really don't want to discredit your work, but this is probably far from "universal". In fact this will probably never work on most devices, will it?

The reason I want to know is that I'm part of a developer team that's on track of creating an S-OFF exploit for the HTC Wildfire S and I can tell you that you definitely cannot flash an HBOOT from within Android on this device (and probably most other devices), even if you are root. The bootloader is in a special Flash memory area that we call "unmapped memory". We call it "unmapped" since Android normally doesn't even know that this memory exists and it therefore has no "address" within Android's "address space", even though with some tricks you can assign one to it if you really want. I'm gonna explain this in a bit more detail.

Below Android (and in fact the bootloader) there's an entire other unixoid operating system called Iguana. It's unixoid but it's not Linux, even though it seems to share a great deal of code with it. On top of that runs a hypervisor and on top of that runs the bootloader and Android. Think of it as the entire firmware running inside "VMware", even though the virtualizer in Iguana is of course much more lightweight and specialized than a virtualization solution for a PC. In order to flash the bootloader, you have to "break out" of that virtual environment, which is what we currently try. The reason is that the bootloader itself when it's executed is only a "volatile copy" (so a copy in RAM) that the virtualization software loaded from a "file" (there's probably not actually a full blown "file system" though) in Iguana and moved into the virtual machine's "virtual RAM" before boot. Getting at the actual "persistent version" (the bootloader "file" in Iguana that resides in Flash memory) is extremely hard since it lives outside that virtual environment and is therefore "out of reach". In fact the persistent copy can be accessed through the "unmapped memory" region I mentioned. However, you can only read there. All write attempts to this memory region from within the virtual environment are trapped by the hypervisor.

The major weakness in that system is that all firmware updates are received from WITHIN the virtual environment and then somehow "transported out". This includes updates for Iguana itself. I'm convinced that we can use this fact for "breaking out" of the virtual environment. If we succeed, then we can probably even replace Iguana and the virtualization software itself, but I can tell you it's very hard, though probably not impossible. But it's definitely not an easy task. We're literally working on this for MONTHS. In fact we have seen the phone become S-OFF but the problem is that it always "falls back" to S-ON before you can do anything useful (like flash something). There's probably some component that recognizes the exploit and restores the virtual machine to a "known good state".

On which phones does your tool work? Do they lack this virtualization layer?
    frist,thank you!
    desire hd not work fake soft!

I am a recognised developer and where I come from there is a saying that a bad carpenter always blames his tools!

Which means you blame the software because you don't have a clue what you are doing!

If you have used HTC devices before you will know that you must unlock bootloader before rooting or it won't work.

Think and read before you post!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
    For those who have confusion, this app WILL root any HTC. If the Universal Exploit doesn't work on your device then the Insecure boot.img method will providing you have unlocked your bootloader.

And for those that's asking if the app gives S-OFF, the answer is no. This is a root tool only.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Won't root the at&t one xl, that thing is locked down as ****.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW