Thanks Meter: 18,852

Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2012, 06:35 PM |#7281  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_SA

Interesting. I always thought (read it somewhere) that the kernel should be flashed after the ROM. What is the disadvantage of doing it this way?

Hello,

From what i've read so far it seems that the kermel is, first of all, a collection of drivers. It initializes the hardware and provides its functionality to the OS, or the ROM in our case. That means if you want your os to be aware of the available drivers you need to install them in this order. Otherwise the results may be unpredictable... i think

Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Hail to the Q!

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to vrl13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrl13 Ad-Free
6th September 2012, 06:43 PM |#7282  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 872

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin24

So Fast.

Attachment 1306566
Attachment 1306567

https://img.xda-cdn.com/AHfL2oK1NYg0Y_1RBiPKuJA5pJg=/http%3A%2F%2Fdb.tt%2F6yT6X8f3
IMAGE DOESN'T WoRK

Benchmarks are useless!

6th September 2012, 06:46 PM |#7283  
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkin24

So Fast.

Attachment 1306566
Attachment 1306567

We still have someone who believes in benchmarks! GOOD GOING!
6th September 2012, 06:54 PM |#7284  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic160890

Hi, i've tried all cm10 roms and with all due respect to quarx because everything seems to be working properly, there is one issue, i wouldn't like to call it a bug, that has been reported, probably slipped unnoticed. When the phone rings, i drag the circle to the right to answer the call and though it seems to have stopped ringing it goes for one more ring. Just to make my ear explode.. this is very annoying when i'm in a hurry to answer

If this would be fixed I would be very gratefull.
Thanks for your efforts.

Vic.

Ps: the ringtone is custom (ringtone from crank ) maybe this helps in some way

+1 I am also facing same issue... Hence i wait for 2 seconds before saying hello to caller
6th September 2012, 07:04 PM |#7285  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
just installed v04 09
wonderful job just 2 issues now for me.
1) when i plug wall charger i lost 3g data. network icon stay at grey.
2) i am using apex launcher. each appli i launch causes apex FC.

I know it's experimental build. so i'm waiting for the new one.
i hope this post will help.

6th September 2012, 07:08 PM |#7286  
Flag Lublin
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_SA

Interesting. I always thought (read it somewhere) that the kernel should be flashed after the ROM. What is the disadvantage of doing it this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrl13

Hello,

From what i've read so far it seems that the kermel is, first of all, a collection of drivers. It initializes the hardware and provides its functionality to the OS, or the ROM in our case. That means if you want your os to be aware of the available drivers you need to install them in this order. Otherwise the results may be unpredictable... i think

Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Hail to the Q!

Or newer nightly can have some newer parts included, which overwrite kernel's contents. Please correct me if I'm wrong
6th September 2012, 07:21 PM |#7287  
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyxwvut

Bro, I was speaking of defy+ which was released 08/2011 I have red lense defy and always use defy+ builds. But like I said before, I'm sure they will release a new boot loader to boot the new kernel

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

It's not necessary... they just have to release jb with kernel signed with the same key to work on our bootloader. They don't have (and will never do) to unlock bootloader

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2
6th September 2012, 07:27 PM |#7288  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I've got problems with Wi-Fi data connection ... the Wi-Fi symbol in status bar stays grey , connection is established but no data are transferrerd....

After an reboot every thing works

Problems since i use mobile data

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
6th September 2012, 07:37 PM |#7289  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinti

Or newer nightly can have some newer parts included, which overwrite kernel's contents. Please correct me if I'm wrong

I dont think new nightlies or any other ROMs do any changes in Kernel. They just use drivers in kernel to talk with hardware thats all.

I had installed CM9 kernel & Gapps only while flashing CM10 that too because i had done full wipe. For any other subsequent nightly i only install nightly. No kernel, no Gapps. It work just fine.

Just do wipe cache and dalvik cache before and after install from SD card...
6th September 2012, 07:38 PM |#7290  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
Temple run brave n nova 3 lags a lot in latest nightly

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
6th September 2012, 07:44 PM |#7291  
Flag Up north!
Thanks Meter: 1,227

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami2704

I dont think new nightlies or any other ROMs do any changes in Kernel. They just use drivers in kernel to talk with hardware thats all.

I had installed CM9 kernel & Gapps only while flashing CM10 that too because i had done full wipe. For any other subsequent nightly i only install nightly. No kernel, no Gapps. It work just fine.

Just do wipe cache and dalvik cache before and after install from SD card...

Well ROM CAN & it DOES include new stuff into kernel....
New drivers and so on...all done via kernel patching
The Following User Says Thank You to ppero196 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ppero196 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)