New: Gloomy's 3.1b Manila2D Blueangel WM6.1 CE ROM (Build 20721 xip)

Search This thread

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
Gloomy's Manila2D Blueangel WM6.1 CE ROM (Build 20721 xip)
This rom is based heavily on Swampys work (many thanks mentor)

Change log from swampy´s M2D V3 is as follows:

In ROM file:

New features:
XIPed
UC enabled
Plus pack
Large Start Menu
Large Title bar
Larger Submenus

added games:
chinese chess (coolchix)
invaders
pacman2
pocketsudoku

added tools:
SSMaPa2d (to patch Manila2D, very interesting tool)
Haret-0.5.2 (to boot Linux, this is just the loader, you still need to have linux on the SD card)

removed: Pimbackup (SpbBackup is more comprehensive and reliable)

In ExtROM:
-Replaced default Manila2d skin with knobi´s skin http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=693

Code:
01_ HTC_Enchasements.cab
02_HTC_AudioManager_2.0_1819.2129.cab
03_HTC_Album_2.0_1818.3829.4.cab
04_GoogleMaps.CAB
06_JBED_20080704_5.1.CAB
08_M2D_PIE_FIX.CAB
14_BnG_M2D_0.11.allDevKnobiSkin.CAB  M2D blue skin (with some macosx icons)
15_gloomy_VOIP_WM61_SIP_Config_1.1.CAB (Voip .DLLs, no client)
16_CRASpbBackup2.cab  (SpbBackup 2.0)
17_slick.cab
19_regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab
20_SMS-Chat_V1.16.cab
21_NetworkPlugin_1_0_30468_1.CAB
22_Office_6.1.20272-PPT-OneNote.cab
Downloads:

Gloomy V3.1b ROM for BA
ExtROM v.3.1b in .rar format

More info:

Backup all your data (other than SD Card) before flashing.
make sure on your SD card there is a folder called Exactly ExtROM containing the .cab and other files in the .rar

- Voip working, Just run Sip Config tool and in the proxy server enter for example sip.vyke.com (and you
can open a free account with them and get 1$ just go to www.vyke.com)
DO NOT install their client for Windows Mobile, it makes the blueangel very unstable.

I found a couple of bugs on the 3.1 image, main one that was not UC capable. That is corrected now with 3.1b
Also new ExtROM 3.1b unpack in root of SDcard and read the readme.txt

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Screen07.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8,667
  • Screen08.jpg
    Screen08.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Screen09.jpg
    Screen09.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 6,867
  • Screen10.jpg
    Screen10.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:

markanthonypr

Feb 17, 2007
Puerto Rico
Congrats on your new ROM. Please post some screen shots.

Off Topic: Either I've missed it or none has made one.. Anyone considering cooking a BA ROM with Voice Dialing?

Edit: WoW, very elegant BG. Thanks for the screen shots. Congrats again! I will place it on my list to test as soon as possible.

Last edited:

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
My pleasure.

I have experience cooking roms for linux devices but this is the first WinCE device I tackle.

Feedback is more than welcome!

Gloomy

swampy395

Apr 28, 2006
west yorkshire
rom

looking good:D Congrats and well done, Hope your gona fill my boots for a while:eek: Well till i finnish my touch diamond;) ROM, then "I'LL B BACK":rolleyes:
Best regards
swampy395

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Congrats on your new ROM. Please post some screen shots.

Off Topic: Either I've missed it or none has made one.. Anyone considering cooking a BA ROM with Voice Dialing?

Edit: WoW, very elegant BG. Thanks for the screen shots. Congrats again! I will place it on my list to test as soon as possible.

Somewhere along WM5, a few cooks started putting Cyberon's Voice Commander in their roms, but because a lot of people preferred M$ Voice Command, they stopped (a quick reminder that VC cannot be cooked into a rom because it is licensed software)

@gloomyboy

What about the specs of the rom? (pagepool, Ramdisk - yes or no- , etc). Screenshots look good though... good job!

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
No RAM disk, about the pagepool I haven´t changed it from whatever Swampy had so he can better answer that question...

chiefcol

Oct 17, 2007
Gloomy's Manila2D Blueangel WM6.1 CE ROM (Build 20721 xip)
This rom is based heavily on Swampys work (many thanks mentor)

Change log from swampy´s M2D V3 is as follows:

In ROM file:

New features:
XIPed
UC enabled
Plus pack
Large Start Menu
Large Title bar
Larger Submenus

added games:
chinese chess (coolchix)
invaders
pacman2
pocketsudoku

added tools:
SSMaPa2d (to patch Manila2D, very interesting tool)
Haret-0.5.2 (to boot Linux, this is just the loader, you still need to have linux on the SD card)

removed: Pimbackup (SpbBackup is more comprehensive and reliable)

In ExtROM:
-Replaced default Manila2d skin with knobi´s skin http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=693

Code:
01_ HTC_Enchasements.cab
02_HTC_AudioManager_2.0_1819.2129.cab
03_HTC_Album_2.0_1818.3829.4.cab
04_GoogleMaps.CAB
06_JBED_20080704_5.1.CAB
08_M2D_PIE_FIX.CAB
14_BnG_M2D_0.11.allDevKnobiSkin.CAB  M2D blue skin (with some macosx icons)
15_gloomy_VOIP_WM61_SIP_Config_1.1.CAB (Voip .DLLs, no client)
16_CRASpbBackup2.cab  (SpbBackup 2.0)
17_slick.cab
19_regedit.Mrln_ARM.cab
20_SMS-Chat_V1.16.cab
21_NetworkPlugin_1_0_30468_1.CAB
22_Office_6.1.20272-PPT-OneNote.cab
Downloads:

Gloomy V3.1b ROM for BA
ExtROM v.3.1b in .rar format

More info:

Backup all your data (other than SD Card) before flashing.
make sure on your SD card there is a folder called Exactly ExtROM containing the .cab and other files in the .rar

- Voip working, Just run Sip Config tool and in the proxy server enter for example sip.vyke.com (and you
can open a free account with them and get 1$ just go to www.vyke.com)
DO NOT install their client for Windows Mobile, it makes the blueangel very unstable.

I found a couple of bugs on the 3.1 image, main one that was not UC capable. That is corrected now with 3.1b
Also new ExtROM 3.1b unpack in root of SDcard and read the readme.txt

Screenshots:
The ROM has a very beautiful interface. I have tried it and my first outstanding concern is with Windows Media Player. Unlike other ROM versions that I have used which give the user the option of pausing a media file when another application is in used, the WMP in this ROM simply stops and does not resume playback. So Gloomy, your ROM will be really great if you can address this Problem.

chiefcol

Oct 17, 2007
The ROM has a very beautiful interface. I have tried it and my first outstanding concern is with Windows Media Player. Unlike other ROM versions that I have used which give the user the option of pausing a media file when another application is in used, the WMP in this ROM simply stops and does not resume playback. So Gloomy, your ROM will be really great if you can address this Problem.

hello there

have just flashed this rom. good performance but i am having a problem.

i wonder if it's just me or is wifi not working well? i can get a connection- though it does tend to get disconnected quite often NOT because of poor signal.
Also, even when it's connected, apps cannot seem to recognise the connection and therefore cannot get online.
this has happened to one wifi connection at home 100% of the times i try to connect and also happens about 50% of times that I try on another wifi connection of a different router.

any suggestions?

p.s. ive never had any problems with other roms- ive tried most of them...

thanks

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
hello there

have just flashed this rom. good performance but i am having a problem.

i wonder if it's just me or is wifi not working well? i can get a connection- though it does tend to get disconnected quite often NOT because of poor signal.
Also, even when it's connected, apps cannot seem to recognise the connection and therefore cannot get online.
this has happened to one wifi connection at home 100% of the times i try to connect and also happens about 50% of times that I try on another wifi connection of a different router.

any suggestions?

p.s. ive never had any problems with other roms- ive tried most of them...

thanks

I had a similar issue with an older version of Swampy's rom. I am not certain of the reason why, but 20758 doesn't seem to have that issue anymore. One thing I did find out was that Weather Pannel was causing my connection to drop for no apparent reason. If you are using it, try to take it out of the Today Plugin and see if it still drops the connection.

I had a similar issue with an older version of Swampy's rom. I am not certain of the reason why, but 20758 doesn't seem to have that issue anymore. One thing I did find out was that Weather Pannel was causing my connection to drop for no apparent reason. If you are using it, try to take it out of the Today Plugin and see if it still drops the connection.

thanks i think ill try that. i think ill try taking it off with m2d configurator.
I've been using and flashing swampy's basic roms of the past 3 months and they didnt seem to have this problem.....

anyway, ill post back

egzthunder1

i think my problem is kinda different as my connection is really being dropped that often. but rather, while im connected, nothing can recognise the conenction.
getting online via activesync and gprs is fine, just not wifi- very strange.

ive tried taking away the weather panel with m2dconfig; deleting the country; disabling auto update and so on but they didn't help unfortunately.

so...any more ideas?
btw i installed wifi profiles, tried to use it but uninstalled it in the end because it didnt help and it's not something i need. surely....thats irrelevant to my issue...

gloomyboy

Dec 30, 2008
wifi and windows media player

About wifi, make sure in wifi settings, powermode you tick off 'turn off wifi when not in use for 2 minutes'

Instead turn it on and off manually when needed.
I use AKwifitoogle very happily, will probably add it to next rom.

About windows media player...
Have you tried loading a different windows media player cab file (instead of the one provied with the ExtROM)

If that works better please report the link and I will be happy to try it and if better include in the next release

Thanks to all who have tried the rom and especially for your feedback!

Gloomy

About wifi, make sure in wifi settings, powermode you tick off 'turn off wifi when not in use for 2 minutes'

Instead turn it on and off manually when needed.
I use AKwifitoogle very happily, will probably add it to next rom.

About windows media player...
Have you tried loading a different windows media player cab file (instead of the one provied with the ExtROM)

If that works better please report the link and I will be happy to try it and if better include in the next release

Thanks to all who have tried the rom and especially for your feedback!

Gloomy

hi gloomy

im pretty sure i didnt leave it idle for 2mins...but anyway ill give it a try.

markanthonypr

Feb 17, 2007
Puerto Rico
Somewhere along WM5, a few cooks started putting Cyberon's Voice Commander in their roms, but because a lot of people preferred M$ Voice Command, they stopped (a quick reminder that VC cannot be cooked into a rom because it is licensed software)
Hey my friend! Sorry I haven't been very active these days. Been going crazy playing with HTC Home Icons and Flash Home screens. Amazing stuff out there!!. Actually, I'm trying to find Colored Icon Bar, similar to those that are being posted all over for Touch Diamond. Haven't found one that works on BA Yet. Perhaps, maybe our icons are individual images? Didn't think about that.
Thanks for the info about M$VC.

At present, I'm using Swampy's ROM. It's the only one not driving me crazy with the BT and WiFi Issues. Will be testing GloomyBoy's ROM soon.

Any help with the Colored Icon Bar ?

swampy395

Apr 28, 2006
west yorkshire
Icon bar

Hey my friend! Sorry I haven't been very active these days. Been going crazy playing with HTC Home Icons and Flash Home screens. Amazing stuff out there!!. Actually, I'm trying to find Colored Icon Bar, similar to those that are being posted all over for Touch Diamond. Haven't found one that works on BA Yet. Perhaps, maybe our icons are individual images? Didn't think about that.
Thanks for the info about M$VC.

At present, I'm using Swampy's ROM. It's the only one not driving me crazy with the BT and WiFi Issues. Will be testing GloomyBoy's ROM soon.

Any help with the Colored Icon Bar ?

Hi there i tryed to use some with my M2Dv4 and it caused to many probs with M2D so scraped idear! If you look at sundream's rom he had a file Battery.dll that has color icons the setting are hklm\security\resover\bitmaps\ Well something like that? can't remember exactly. hope this helps
Here's what i'm useing on my touch Diamond rom study *.rgu and you should work it out!
regards
swampy395

Attachments

• PACKAGE_Diamond_PhoneCanvas_Black.zip
    133.4 KB · Views: 44
  • icons.JPG
    icons.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

markanthonypr

Feb 17, 2007
Puerto Rico
Hi there i tried to use some with my M2Dv4 and it caused to many probs with M2D so scraped idear! If you look at sundream's ROM he had a file Battery.dll that has color icons the setting are hklm\security\resover\bitmaps\ Well something like that? can't remember exactly. hope this helps
Here's what I'm using on my touch Diamond ROM study *.rgu and you should work it out!
regards
swampy395
Thanks mate. I'll work on it later this afternoon. I just got a new 2400ah battery and I need to modify the Charging cradle so the phone can sit on it with the new thicker battery. Hope I can get 5 hrs use :) I've read otherwise, but I'll keep the hopes alive. EgzThunder is also a very resourceful man. I'm sure he has on his back pocket a working battery bar :D(Oh Don't think I'm being lazy:rolleyes:)

swampy395

Apr 28, 2006
west yorkshire
Thanks mate. I'll work on it later this afternoon. I just got a new 2400ah battery and I need to modify the Charging cradle so the phone can sit on it with the new thicker battery. Hope I can get 5 hrs use :) I've read otherwise, but I'll keep the hopes alive. EgzThunder is also a very resourceful man. I'm sure he has on his back pocket a working battery bar :D(Oh Don't think I'm being lazy:rolleyes:)
5hrs what the hell do you do!!?? I have standard batt and with BT on all day linked to car audio + 1.5 hrs or so phone calls I get 2 days, and on stanby not used around 10 days a big batt like that would last me a week in use, It looks like you may have a charging prob, check your connections are clean hope this helps
regards
swampy395