[Q] How to copy SMS from SIM-Card to phone?

Search This thread

ravach0l

Jul 25, 2010
Hello everyone!
After looking through the forum and only finding threads about contacts, I decided to create a thread about my problem. :)

So here it goes:
Yesterday, I gave my old HTC Desire to my gf. She had a rather old and run-down Nokia and her SMS were saved to her SIM-Card.
I looked through the options of the phone, running CM9, but only found the option to delete the messages.

Is it possible to copy them to the phone?
If it is, how?

Thanks in advance! :)

Bingley

Jan 6, 2011
Netherfield
I don't think this is possible - my Desire can't see any 'saved to sim' messages, which is a shame as I've a new sim and really want the old messages. Anyone with any luck with this? Even an adb pull/ command would do me - how do I access the sim?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
try open the sms app then press menu then settings and look there. on my phone theres an option to manage sms on sim card, maybe u can move them there.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
lol :D good to know it works, i couldnt try coz iv no sms on my sim card

Sent from my HTC Desire

mini4cooper

Dec 20, 2007
On my Android phone, there are only view/delete options in the SIM-card SMS management.
I can not move/copy the SMS from SIM card to new Android phone.
Is there any android app for this purpose ??

munchi

Aug 31, 2012
Brno
Pansi SMS... My MIUI messaging app didn't have the option to copy/move the messages from SIM to Phone Memory so I referred to my favorite messaging app, Pansi, yes it has this option :)

btiu

Apr 9, 2013
Manila
On my Android phone, there are only view/delete options in the SIM-card SMS management.
I can not move/copy the SMS from SIM card to new Android phone.
Is there any android app for this purpose ??

bump
yes, @munchi 's answer is one of the apps.

try other sms apps. just search the net or playstore for other sms apps then check if it can copy sim messages to phone memory. sometimes stock sms has it, but other times you just need a different app that has that function.

There's handcent sms, go sms etc. , though i dont know if these have the function to copy sim messages. Theres also the "SIM manager" app in playstore by robotobia that can do that specific purpose and much more. Note that it doesn't work on all phones yet, but you may go check it out

I just tried robotobia's app on my galaxy Y. It can copy. But what should be classified as inbox, it became a sent message. I will contact the developer about this problem. So far, the only thing I find it useful for is to delete all sim messages in a flash. So i suggest finding a good sms app with this feature is still safer.

Hope this helps

Last edited: