[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FI03 (FI03 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

Search This thread

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Note: This is a cross-post from SXTP-Developers. Please hit their site and download through there when possible. After all, it's only right to help out the guys helping us out!

Credits
Thanks go to the following:
- sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
- sextape for FI03 leak and root .zip
- rwilco12 for advice and hosting
- rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
- XDA Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

sfhub said:
You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This is a match of sextape's FI03 leak with only root added.
This means it should behave completely as it is stock or released by either OTA/Kies.

Since most people are familiar with sfhub's format I'm going to include it here.
Again thank him for the LARGE amounts of time that he put into these posts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - (No Video Yet)

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FI03 full restore One-Click self-extractor
Version #1 Removed, PM if you need - but don't expect it to be used any longer.
Version #2 (FH23 Root Method, Zoom fixed)
SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_v2.exe [Mirror1|Mirror2] (RESET user data) (md5: 8d0c07376130d88ac58cf53a05d6c4c4)
SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Nodata_v2.exe [Mirror1|Mirror2] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions) (md5: 91fbac1a18f7e7bb9ae4f5efc632d8e2)

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
Full: Double-click on SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_OC.exe in Odin-OC folder created.
NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Nodata_OC.exe in Odin-OC folder created

Note #1: On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
Code:
[B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
Power down phone
Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
Simultaneously [B]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/B] until confirmation screen appears
Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
Code:
[B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
adb reboot download
Code:
Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
Note #2: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
Phone will automatically reboot
Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FF18+CWM-agat-src (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary). You will lose the FI03 kernel in the process.

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
- If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
- If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
menu->applications->all->market->clear data
- If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• FI03.jpg
    FI03.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 19,310
Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Reference Section

Resources
[ODIN] Original Leaked TAR

(Individual) FI03 ODIN/CWM Components
[OC] FI03 Modem One-Click.exe
[ODIN] FI03 Modem TAR.MD5 *Flash with Odin in PDA Slot or through Mobile Odin.
[CWM] FI03 Modem ZIP

[OC] FI03 Kernel One-Click.exe
[ODIN] FI03 Kernel TAR.MD5 *Flash with Odin in PDA Slot or through Mobile Odin.
[CWM] FI03 Kernel ZIP

[OC] FI03 Full Stock ROM One-Click.exe
[OC] FI03 Full Stock ROM No Data One-Click.exe(Preserves User Data)

7-Zip v9.20
Odin3 v3.04
ZArchiver.apk
Mobile Odin Lite v3.0
SuperUser 3
Samsung E4GT USB Drivers v1.3.2360.0[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Known Issues/Changes

USB Mount can now be selected once connected. Just pull down and tap the notification to get the option.

Multitouch zoom has been removed from several options, most noticeable is the web broswer. I'm going to check into Chrome this weekend if I have time.

NODATA version had a couple of FCs but no known "game stoppers" so I'm releasing it. But be aware the best way is still to do the full rooted restore.

cas8180

Apr 1, 2007
Las Vegas
Known Issues/Changes

USB Mount can now be selected once connected. Just pull down and tap the notification to get the option.

Multitouch zoom has been removed from several options, most noticeable is the web broswer. I'm going to check into Chrome this weekend if I have time.

NODATA version had a couple of FCs but no known "game stoppers" so I'm releasing it. But be aware the best way is still to do the full rooted restore.

I thought the zoom issue was only related to sextapes initial zip he released? Not an issue in the actual stock tar?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

MoHoGalore

May 24, 2012
Farmington
I thought the zoom issue was only related to sextapes initial zip he released? Not an issue in the actual stock tar?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Its not an issue w the tar. I havent tried Garwynns rooted just yet, but i will.
Test and report if you can.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cas8180

proheart

Mar 14, 2008
hi, just extracted it and tried to run like typical odin-oc by double clicking it, but would'nt work. had to add .exe extension at the end of the file name then it worked.

just though i'd let you all know.

keep up the great work, making life easier for the rest of us.:good:

Reactions: JG96EVO

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Update:

Thanks for the extension catch. If you want to use this just rename for now.

The tar in here was built on Sextape's root so it is missing the zoom as noticed. I've started redoing based on my normal process and will probably be up no later than tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: This is a cross-post from SXTP-Developers. Please hit their site and download through there when possible. After all, it's only right to help out the guys helping us out!

Credits
    Thanks go to the following:
    - sfhub for many hints on how to do this - I'm just trying to help fill in while he's away.
    - sextape for FI03 leak and root .zip
    - rwilco12 for advice and hosting
    - rainmotorsports, dev-host for hosting
    - XDA Members for their support and hopefully feedback on these builds!
    Make sure you give them any thanks for this build - they did far more than I on this! :highfive:

sfhub said:
    You may have heard... the zerglings fought a noble battle against the samdroids and held their own for many battles, but were finally defeated on the EL13 battleground. Starting with EL13 the zergrush exploit is plugged. Do not fear, as the zerglings have enlisted their old ally Odin to fight the next battle for them.

This is a match of sextape's FI03 leak with only root added.
    This means it should behave completely as it is stock or released by either OTA/Kies.

Since most people are familiar with sfhub's format I'm going to include it here.
    Again thank him for the LARGE amounts of time that he put into these posts.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the ODIN flash count.

This does NOT have the issue with the USB jig being disabled.

There are two versions provided, a FULL Restore that resets your whole phone, similar to a factory restore, and a No Data Restore, which is the same, except it preserves your User Data. The NoData version is only suggested if you are upgrading or remaining at the same version.

attachment.php

Instructions - (No Video Yet)

0) Backup anything important and Disable any PINs
    This process will restore you to factory software. All your Android data will be reset.
    To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or dropbox.

Note #1: Please DISABLE any PIN code you may have created to protect your phone. As a security measure, after the flash, Android will ask you for your PIN, if you have one enabled. It is simpler to have no PIN active. If you forgot your PIN then, after the factory restore, just enter the wrong PIN a few times and it will warn you. Enter the wrong PIN again and it will reset the filesystem.

1) Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary) [USB/Android]

2) Download the FI03 full restore One-Click self-extractor
    Version #1 Removed, PM if you need - but don't expect it to be used any longer.
    Version #2 (FH23 Root Method, Zoom fixed)
    SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_v2.exe [Mirror1|Mirror2] (RESET user data) (md5: 8d0c07376130d88ac58cf53a05d6c4c4)
    SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Nodata_v2.exe [Mirror1|Mirror2] (PRESERVE user data - do NOT use if downgrading versions) (md5: 91fbac1a18f7e7bb9ae4f5efc632d8e2)

Mac/Linux - Install 7-zip, then use it to unpack the individual ODIN components in Reference Section B (below). If Heimdall fails flashing all 3 files together, try doing them individually. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows specific (steps 3, 4, 6).

Android - Install ZArchiver, then use it to unpack the ODIN OneClick 7zip self-extractor file in this section (long press *-oc-sfx.exe, Open as archive, Odin-OC, select *-OneClick.exe, Extract). Use Mobile ODIN to Open File the resulting *-OneClick.exe file. Mobile ODIN issue - modem might not flash consistently. Skip the remaining instructions that are windows ODIN specific (steps 3, 4, 5, 6).

3) Extract the package
    double-click on the self-extractor file, specify the directory to extract to (instructions assume C:\)

4) Start ODIN One-Click
    Full: Double-click on SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Restore_OC.exe in Odin-OC folder created.
    NoData: Double-click on SPH-D710_FI03_CL1083465_Rooted_Nodata_OC.exe in Odin-OC folder created

Note #1: On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

5) Place phone in ODIN download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #1[/U][/B]
    Power down phone
    Wait for capacitative button [B]lights to turn off[/B]
    Simultaneously [B]Press and Hold [Power] [VolDn][/B] until confirmation screen appears
    Press [B][VolUp][/B] to enter Download mode
    Code:
    [B][U]Method #2[/U][/B]
    adb reboot download
    Code:
    Connect USB cable to PC if not already connected
    ODIN should show yellow COM port in 2nd column
    Note #2: If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the ODIN One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting ODIN One-Click.

6) Start ODIN flash process
    Press [Start]

7) Complete - PASS!
    When complete you should see a screen similar to what is shown at top of post
    Phone will automatically reboot
    Status should change to green PASS!

Boot process will be slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the 4G logo screen.

If you want CWM use Option D in the Auto Root Package to install FF18+CWM-agat-src (you are already rooted so Option A is not necessary). You will lose the FI03 kernel in the process.

If you need to clear NVRAM/Sprint data login info, perform a ##72786# reset from the Dialer and enter MSL.
    Type getprop ril.MSL in adb shell or terminal to retrieve your MSL.

For NoData install:
    - If you are getting random force closes, wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    - If you have troubles with Android Market, clear data from
    menu->applications->all->market->clear data
    - If you have troubles booting into Android, perform factory reset in ICS using the ODIN OneClick Factory Reset tool. Do NOT perform factory resets using stock recovery or privacy->reset, at least until you read about the EMMC superbrick/lockup bug and understand what the trigger points are and what you are exposing yourself to.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reference Section

Resources
    [ODIN] Original Leaked TAR

(Individual) FI03 ODIN/CWM Components
    [OC] FI03 Modem One-Click.exe
    [ODIN] FI03 Modem TAR.MD5 *Flash with Odin in PDA Slot or through Mobile Odin.
    [CWM] FI03 Modem ZIP

[OC] FI03 Kernel One-Click.exe
    [ODIN] FI03 Kernel TAR.MD5 *Flash with Odin in PDA Slot or through Mobile Odin.
    [CWM] FI03 Kernel ZIP

[OC] FI03 Full Stock ROM One-Click.exe
    [OC] FI03 Full Stock ROM No Data One-Click.exe(Preserves User Data)

7-Zip v9.20
    Odin3 v3.04
    ZArchiver.apk
    Mobile Odin Lite v3.0
    SuperUser 3
    Samsung E4GT USB Drivers v1.3.2360.0[/QUOTE]
    Known Issues/Changes

Do I load this over the one-click in post 1 or is it a stand alone?
    Thanks

Stand Alone. Hey Garwynn, is there any reason why you want to keep the old versions in the OP? Seems like it would cut down on the confusion if you removed them and just used the new versions.
    Update:

Thanks for the extension catch. If you want to use this just rename for now.

The tar in here was built on Sextape's root so it is missing the zoom as noticed. I've started redoing based on my normal process and will probably be up no later than tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2