FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2009, 10:24 PM |#41  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 237

Donate to Me
More
one of the only issues i haave with this, is that using the full qwerty inside of texts of poutlook...the keyboard has a problem reorienting itself in the correct place. i.e. sometimes if the phone is rotated, while the keyboard is up, the device will put half of the keyboard in the middle of the screen..weird things like that.

Im using a Sprint Diamond on stock rom
7th January 2009, 10:45 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100

one of the only issues i haave with this, is that using the full qwerty inside of texts of poutlook...the keyboard has a problem reorienting itself in the correct place. i.e. sometimes if the phone is rotated, while the keyboard is up, the device will put half of the keyboard in the middle of the screen..weird things like that.

Im using a Sprint Diamond on stock rom

Anyone else experience this? Its never happened to me but I use the Touch pro. Can't really tell how it acts on the Diamond. On the touch pro the Sip dissappears when the device rotates. Maybe I can get it to do that on the Diamond as well... Or maybe even stay open if it is already. I'll def. look into it.
8th January 2009, 12:10 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
How would someone compare this to gyrator?
8th January 2009, 12:16 AM |#44  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33

How would someone compare this to gyrator?

What do you mean? Check the origional thread Here...

May answer your question...
8th January 2009, 02:03 AM |#45  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

Anyone else experience this? Its never happened to me but I use the Touch pro. Can't really tell how it acts on the Diamond. On the touch pro the Sip dissappears when the device rotates. Maybe I can get it to do that on the Diamond as well... Or maybe even stay open if it is already. I'll def. look into it.

on diamond when in outlook if I am on compact keyboard when it rotates to landscape it changes to full qwerty
if I rotate the phone back to portrait it will switch back to compact key
8th January 2009, 04:24 AM |#46  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3

on diamond when in outlook if I am on compact keyboard when it rotates to landscape it changes to full qwerty
if I rotate the phone back to portrait it will switch back to compact key

Yeah, this is an OS issue... I'm not sure why this is... maybe the Compact qwerty cannot take up the landscape screen correctly, but I'm pretty sure that the device just does that. Landscape is automatically Full qwerty if your preset is "compact qwerty". Even on the touch pro, same deal, the only option in landscape mode is the Full qwerty or regular keyboard...
8th January 2009, 05:40 AM |#47  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I actually think this behavior is how it shuld be. as I think it is a fster way to switch keyboards. and it is logical for a fulll qwerty on landscape, and compact on portrait.
8th January 2009, 05:44 AM |#48  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3

I actually think this behavior is how it shuld be. as I think it is a fster way to switch keyboards. and it is logical for a fulll qwerty on landscape, and compact on portrait.

Yes true. Ive actually rarely use the compact keyboard. Only when the device sets it to the compact by accident. But yes it does make sense. Much more room for all the keys when in landscape!
8th January 2009, 02:36 PM |#49  
Flag Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I really wished paypal worked in this country when I first joined this forum upon buying my tytn ii, I really really wished paypal worked when I used touchresponse app and now I am just sad that paypal does not work since this is the app I was dying for.

I wanted my HD in landscape mode, and I had it this way a month but it was not too easy to use since most of the apps were designed to be used in portrait. So I settled portrait mode but deep in my heart I wanted it to rotate for certrain apps like text messaging and RSS readers and now it does.

I wish someone would "feed your son" on my behalf!!
8th January 2009, 02:42 PM |#50  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I use gyrator to turn the screen off and put the device in sleep mode when I flip it face down. Can I do things like this with your screen tilt app??
8th January 2009, 02:56 PM |#51  
Flag Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I found a bug.

Lets say im in sms and in landscape mode, when I click a message, it takes me to that message in landscapde mode directly, when I hit the back key it returns me to the list of sms in landscape mode. Excellent.

But when im in SPB Insight looking at all the channels in landscape mode, selecting a channel takes it to the channel in landscapde - where I can see the articles for that particular channel - but hitting back returns me to the channel list but first for a second in portrait then switches to landscape automatically. The same happens when I return back to article list from viewing an article.

I am using my your app in landscape mode strictly for items in the list. I have added sms and spb insight.

Any reason for that? Could it be that I had to add 2 exceptions/menus for spb insight? Meaning I had to add spb insight which allowed me to see all the channels in landscape but then I had to add the "article" exception so I could see article list and article in landscape.

Thanks onace again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)