FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2012, 05:12 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Yea, try a data wipe. If its still not working, send me a logcat:
Terminal Emulator:

Code:
su
logcat -c
logcat > /storage/sdcard0/logcat.txt
That will make it constantly sit there and capture it, so then you can hit the home button and do whatever to make it crash

I didn't flash the other gapps package, I just extracted QuickSearchBox.apk out of it, and pushed it to the phone..
If the package is to big (blade ROMs resize the system partition because the base ROM can't even fit), whatever was being installed when it ran out of space will be incomplete and corrupt, and anything it tries to install after won't be there (as far as I know)
I haven't checked the size of their package, but if its even 1MB bigger, it won't fit with default partition sizes (free space on /system is 756KB with the ROM and the small gapps package I put together)

you need to make sure the permissions are set by you , because they always change when replacing the apk... you have to make it
rw , r , r....... and nothing else

then it will work , and use root explorer
10th September 2012, 02:08 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What do you mean by "push" the extracted QuickSearcBox.apk to the phone? I tried to install it and it would not install. Using a root explorer I replaced the system app with the extracted version and reset the permissions and it still didn't work.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
10th September 2012, 02:20 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar2

What do you mean by "push" the extracted QuickSearcBox.apk to the phone? I tried to install it and it would not install. Using a root explorer I replaced the system app with the extracted version and reset the permissions and it still didn't work.

Push as in adb push from a PC
What did you set the permissions to?
Just to make sure, you can run:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
chmod 0644 /system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk
from Terminal Emulator

(I love doing these code boxes of terminal commands for some reason )
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
10th September 2012, 03:43 PM |#114  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar2

well , when you say you replaced it , you can't do that

you don't have enough space to just "replace it"

you have to remove the apk , and i had to restart to make it to 5mb's to have the space to put the new apk in

then once you place the new apk in system/app , you have to fix the permissions and restart again
10th September 2012, 04:02 PM |#115  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Hi winsuk.
just a simple request, can you include ro.secure=0 in your next build?
11th September 2012, 02:47 PM |#116  
Flag Ampang

More
Also can you compile CWM 6 for liberty?
11th September 2012, 04:23 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
QuickSearchBox.apk
Quote:

Push as in adb push from a PC
What did you set the permissions to?
Just to make sure, you can run:

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
chmod 0644 /system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk
from Terminal Emulator

(I love doing these code boxes of terminal commands for some reason )

I had set permissions to -- rw , r , r.-- as described in a post above. Programming is not really my thing, so I took another approach. I re flashed the JB ROM, opened the small GAPPS zip file to remove QuickSearchBox.apk, flashed the revised small GAPPS and then installed the QuickSearchBox.apk you had extracted. It worked! The voice search didn't work however -- it loads then goes right to "I didn't hear you try again" type of message -- so I loaded Google Voice Search from the market, which works fine. I also deleted all of the ringtones files to be sure there was enough system memory.I use a ringtone on the SD.
11th September 2012, 08:54 PM |#118  

More
Only the old voice search works , voice to text works with Swype add-on Dragon go

Sent from my Liberty using xda app-developers app
12th September 2012, 05:41 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

Hi winsuk.
just a simple request, can you include ro.secure=0 in your next build?

Why?..

Quote:

Also can you compile CWM 6 for liberty?

I can't compile it with the new kernel, because it won't fit on the recovery partition.
Compiling it with the old kernel will probably work, and I've already had one built with Recovery Builder
Also tried a touch recovery, which worked, but the buttons were sized for a larger dpi screen, and thus cut off and unreadable.
Once I get my PC able to build Android again (had to wipe Ubuntu which was very broken, and switched to Fedora while I was at it), I'll see if I can build them, and open a new thread if successful

If anyone wants the one made with Recovery Builder: http://goo.gl/rvD8v
Off-mode charging doesn't work, and the touch buttons under the screen aren't set up. Power button is used to go back.
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" from a PC, or "flash_image recovery recovery.img" from Terminal Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust906

Only the old voice search works , voice to text works with Swype add-on Dragon go

Sent from my Liberty using xda app-developers app

If you install this app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1770100
Then with the old Voice Search from the Play store installed, long press the [hardware] search button and pick Voice Seach for Google (with the blue microphone icon). It will popup the old Voice Search to capture, then sends it off to Google Now, and you have to tap the search button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 01:48 PM |#120  
Flag Ampang

More
Quote:

Why?..

Every time I adb, I have to type a long command to remount instead of adb remount, any disadvantage including ro.secure=0 in your build?
13th September 2012, 12:26 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Every time I adb, I have to type a long command to remount instead of adb remount, any disadvantage including ro.secure=0 in your build?

It's less secure? Revolutionary is already a big hole by not being re-lockable
Put a script in /system/bin if you need to (and another in addons.d to keep it there through a ROM flash), then just adb shell > su > remountsys (or whatever the script name is)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)