Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2012, 07:04 PM |#51  
Flag calgary
Thanks Meter: 148

Donate to Me
More
Move all apps to internal for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to dan-htc-touch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dan-htc-touch Ad-Free

10th September 2012, 07:17 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6Chris

Well that flashabl zip worked nicely. YouTube and Netflix are up and running.

It fixed netflix too?! neat. I figured the Microsoft-supplied playready DRM software they embed in the modem radio image (!) wouldn't work on JB.
10th September 2012, 07:42 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I fixed permissions after installing the ROM and instantly had this problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch

Move all apps to internal for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda app-developers app

This worked. Apps are still there after reboot now.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvate

It fixed netflix too?! neat. I figured the Microsoft-supplied playready DRM software they embed in the modem radio image (!) wouldn't work on JB.

Triple checked to make sure. Netflix is good. I'm really happy with this build right now.

10th September 2012, 10:11 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member

More
It looks like there is a bunch of overly complicated, silly logic in (kernel source)/drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/src/dhd/sys/dhd_custom_sec.c that deals with reading/writing the MAC address to various files, and generating a random MAC if some conditions aren't met. I'll try to dissect that later, maybe it seems more complicated than it needs to be for a reason, but I think I'm just going to clean it up to look for the mac address on the EFS filesystem and use it. After all, samsung put the mac address on the efs filesystem for a reason...
10th September 2012, 11:07 PM |#55  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Well everything was great and I flashed the video zip...video is working great but I just realized my modem is gone/data is non exsistant. Any ideas on how to get it back?
10th September 2012, 11:21 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottageboy

Well everything was great and I flashed the video zip...video is working great but I just realized my modem is gone/data is non exsistant. Any ideas on how to get it back?

You're probably hitting the random failure of the cellular modem to initialize. try logcat -b radio from a terminal and disable/enable data.. you'll probably see SIM_NOT_READY bullhooey. Power the tablet off and back on, it'll come back. usually. not quite sure what's going on with that, but it's a bit annoying. i assume you're seeing a "hollow" triangle where you usually see signal bars?

Looked more at the wifi driver... In drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd_samsung/src/dhd/sys/dhd_custom_sec.c, I gave it the right path to the MAC address file in EFS (/efs/wifi/.nvmac.info), rebuilt the module and presto, took the MAC i'm used to having. No more "Random Generated MAC ID" messages in dmesg. score! Fix is in the dhd.ko module.

Putting together an updated .zip to include that fix and other naughtiness, should have that ready later tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to nrvate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nrvate Ad-Free
10th September 2012, 11:32 PM |#57  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Got it back...thanks' can't wait for the update
11th September 2012, 12:08 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvate

You're probably hitting the random failure of the cellular modem to initialize. try logcat -b radio from a terminal and disable/enable data.. you'll probably see SIM_NOT_READY bullhooey. Power the tablet off and back on, it'll come back. usually. not quite sure what's going on with that, but it's a bit annoying. i assume you're seeing a "hollow" triangle where you usually see signal bars?

I was wondering what was up with that..

I assumed it was something I did.
11th September 2012, 03:43 AM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

So (for me) keeping CM9 data causes FCs...

I kept cm9 data when moving to cm10 without issue on my gs3. Different device but I think it should work.

I did find out after factory reset that I can reproduce the FCs I am getting if I disable persistant search in Launcher settings. Seems that leaving that checked clears up FCs. I cant explain it but there you go.

* By no means a complaint just trying to help identify some wierd stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jiggity Janx Ad-Free
11th September 2012, 04:21 AM |#60  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

I did find out after factory reset that I can reproduce the FCs I am getting if I disable persistant search in Launcher settings.

HA! So true. Turned it off, clicked home, BOOM trebuchet pukes. Wonder if this happens on other devices?? Anyone have a supported device with a recent CM10 nightly? Weird stuff.

Updated .ZIP!
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/8OB

* h264 hardware decode fixes for youtube HQ and other hardware-decode enabled apps (vidc/yamato firmware update)
* camera fixes from kunals.shah -- thanks!! (camera library in system/lib/hw)
* wifi address fix - get MAC from EFS, no more random address (insert proper path to .nvmac.info in dhd.ko kernel module)
* move /mnt/secure to internal sdcard to fix asec apps (asec folder linked to /sdcard/.asec)
* disable adb on early boot -- fix mtp maybe? (change to init scripts in ramdisk)
* remove a couple of (probably) harmless references to sdcard1 in init scripts
* update vold.fstab with the correct partition for the sdcard (26), not sure if anything even uses that, but...

As this updater zip, like all the Cyanogen ones, formats /system before installing, remember to reinstall google apps after installing but before rebooting. If you don't, google services framework won't exist on the first boot, which means Android will wipe it's data, which means you have to re-add your google account(s). So it'll save you a little trouble if you reinstall gapps _before_ you boot into this. Shouldn't have to do a factory reset, /data isn't touched and should work OK, but I personally wiped /cache so dalvik would re-dexopt everything... just in case.

I hope I didn't mess up anything that was already working. Post your breakage and we can hack at it
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nrvate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nrvate Ad-Free
11th September 2012, 09:04 AM |#61  
Flag Tyumen
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
I can't wait any more! flashing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)