By securecrt, Senior Member on 4th September 2012, 01:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2012, 08:31 PM |#491  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Converting MIUI ROMs to NativeSD
Hi,

I am trying to convert Smokin901's JB MIUI ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1839194. Though I am not clear on the conversion process, I tried to follow as best as I could the instructions posted in the first page. However, when I start the installation, I get an installer screen (AROMA?) which is different from the other screens I got when I installed Xylograph's AOKP or PA ROMs.

Question - Am I supposed to get the same screen as AOKP/PA or should I be getting the AROMA screen during installation? Does this mean my conversion has not been done properly?

Can someone (NLT perhaps?) try to convert the NAND ROM to NativeSD and post the DIFF here please?

11th September 2012, 09:01 PM |#492  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
About Barebone CM7 NativeSD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaman2k

now the order of u right and yes i test install apks from sd and works without problems

The order is definitely WRONG! The installer must be extracted after the cLK update. If the order is reversed then installer doesn't work and the ROM installs into NAND. I've just checked this few moments ago.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

However still I can't install anything from SD card. On any attempt phone hangs up for a while and then the quick "restart" arrives into welcome screen lock... What is going on?
11th September 2012, 09:16 PM |#493  
Flag suez
Thanks Meter: 970

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioy

About Barebone CM7 NativeSD...

The order is definitely WRONG! The installer must be extracted after the cLK update. If the order is reversed then installer doesn't work and the ROM installs into NAND. I've just checked this few moments ago.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

However still I can't install anything from SD card. On any attempt phone hangs up for a while and then the quick "restart" arrives into welcome screen lock... What is going on?

I think u r right i install it again as nativesd and i face install apk problem..i am out now i will do some testson it when i am at home soon and feed u back: )

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
11th September 2012, 09:32 PM |#494  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,233

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegames

Hi,

I am trying to convert Smokin901's JB MIUI ROM from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1839194. Though I am not clear on the conversion process, I tried to follow as best as I could the instructions posted in the first page. However, when I start the installation, I get an installer screen (AROMA?) which is different from the other screens I got when I installed Xylograph's AOKP or PA ROMs.

Question - Am I supposed to get the same screen as AOKP/PA or should I be getting the AROMA screen during installation? Does this mean my conversion has not been done properly?

Can someone (NLT perhaps?) try to convert the NAND ROM to NativeSD and post the DIFF here please?

I'll try when I get home in a hour

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
12th September 2012, 12:13 AM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Question Make a big one for future use
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylograph

Well everybody (especially sd rom users) waiting to test this stuff can already start by making sure they have an SD-EXT (EXT4 if possible) partition on their sd-card..
Make a big one for future use

OK so I did not make a big enough one for future use! Is there a way to increase the size of the ext4 partition after installing several ROMs? Having installed my 5th NativeSD Rom I now have no system space left on my 4GB ext4 partition. I am down to about 100mb free. MiniTool Partition Wizard does not seem to let me reduce my FAT32 partition to free space to then increase ext4. Is there another (easy) way to do it? As a Windows Mobile SD user, I cannot see the contents of the EXT4 partition. Can I just delete the last ROM by removing the folder /sdcard/NativeSD/LastROMname [EDIT: and deleting /NativeSD/LastROMnameor as well] do I need to do something else?
Cheers
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDHC-12FAT-4EXT4=full.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1319914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-11-18-32-31.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1319915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-11-20-21-50.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1319916  
12th September 2012, 01:06 AM |#496  
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 326

More
You can see the contents of sd-ext.Go while running a android rom with a root explorer in folder NativeSD and you will see there the folders of the roms that you have installed.You can delete any rom that you dont want,but it will take a lot of time to do it.
A more easy way is to boot in 4ext recovery and flash the script of the rom you want to delete from gtbluesky http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=428
i tried it with paranoid and it worked perfect for deleting PA folder from sd-ext.It left PA folder in sdcard/NativeSD folder,so i deleted this manually.
Also even if you are in wm,you can take a full backup of your roms by using in 4ext recovery the advanced backup--->sd-ext option.This will make a backup of your sd-ext contents in sdcard/clockworkmod/advanced/sd-ext folder.
Then you can enlarge your ext partition and go to advanced restore--->sd-ext to restore your contents
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clio94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clio94 Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 01:47 AM |#497  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegames

Hi,

Tried using the sd rom initrd.gz and i got to its splash screen but thats it.

initrd.gz need to be edited for native sd use. Xylo how can i go about doing this
12th September 2012, 01:48 AM |#498  
Thanks Meter: 585

More
nativeSDMultiBoot Version4
Hello all,

Please download version 10 with latest updates.

Here is the link :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1392
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to datagr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift datagr Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 02:03 AM |#499  
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Thumbs up 4ext Recovery Advanced Backup sd-ext
clio94 -thanks for the tip on 4ext Recovery Advanced Backup sd-ext.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

You can see the contents of sd-ext.Go while running a android rom with a root explorer in folder NativeSD and you will see there the folders of the roms that you have installed.You can delete any rom that you dont want,but it will take a lot of time to do it.
A more easy way is to boot in 4ext recovery and flash the script of the rom you want to delete from gtbluesky http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=428
i tried it with paranoid and it worked perfect for deleting PA folder from sd-ext.It left PA folder in sdcard/NativeSD folder,so i deleted this manually.
Also even if you are in wm,you can take a full backup of your roms by using in 4ext recovery the advanced backup--->sd-ext option.This will make a backup of your sd-ext contents in sdcard/clockworkmod/advanced/sd-ext folder.
Then you can enlarge your ext partition and go to advanced restore--->sd-ext to restore your contents

The ROMs I am trying are not in glbluesky list but I think I managed to delete both /sdcard/NativeSD/LastROMname & /NativeSD/LastROMnameor myself. Next time I will try datagr nativeSDMultiBoot Version4 where he added the delete function
Cheers
Tom
12th September 2012, 02:03 AM |#500  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datagr

Hello all!
I made a new nativeSDMultiBoot app for all!
On first enter please click on the rom that you are running now! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
It will create a rom_name.txt inside the nativeSD folder with the name that you are running

Thx a lot, but 2me its not exactly clear how2 use it :/ That is, after running this application it is still needed to apply (flash) flash_sboot_v2.zip - without it booting from sboot (via cLK 1.5.0.8) is stuck to the 'previously" set ROM... Is this as intended? If not then what to do to rely solely on nativeSDMultiBoot?
12th September 2012, 02:14 AM |#501  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

thats a good idea and all but i can just delete the rom in the nativesdmultiboot.apk v4, painless
The Following User Says Thank You to ayysir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)