[JB][CM10] i717 Bluetooth Audio Music fix

Search This thread

linkkoriri

Sep 10, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I am unsure of how many people have had the same issue with the i717 when flashing a CM10 based rom (ie Liquid, Paranoid, or CM10 Nightly) the Bluetooth AP2P stops working for music and sounds other than Phone Calls.

After much searching I found eSebk putting a post with a similar issue in the Galaxy SIII Forum. I used this same fix with my i717 Note, tested with Paranoid Android 2.1 with full success.

I wanted to post this hear for anyone searching for a solution to the same issue.

Here is eSebk's thread, be sure to give him thanks if this works for you too as this is 100% his work, I just wanted to help out fellow Note Users.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1848643

Themetnut

May 29, 2012
That's great news, was wondering if this would also work with a touchwiz/stock Rom as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

thair7391

Mar 2, 2012
Outside of Memphis
Can you fill me in on exactly how you applied this fix? The link in the post is to the audio.conf file and not a ZIP like the OP said but what I've done is mount the root filesystem as wriatble and replaced the corresponding audio_policy.conf in /system/etc/ with the one I downloaded and then rebooted. It isn't working for me. The audio is still coming through my phone and won't route through Bluetooth even though its connected.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Can you fill me in on exactly how you applied this fix? The link in the post is to the audio.conf file and not a ZIP like the OP said but what I've done is mount the root filesystem as wriatble and replaced the corresponding audio_policy.conf in /system/etc/ with the one I downloaded and then rebooted. It isn't working for me. The audio is still coming through my phone and won't route through Bluetooth even though its connected.

did you change the permissions of the file before rebooting?

Reactions: thair7391

Killemalll

Aug 15, 2010
Pasted the file in root/etc--->fixed permission to match original file--->rebooted--->It works!!!!

Thanks OP!!

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
I loaded the audio_policy.conf from the note 2 sys dump floating around here. Expected non-working audio and BT but got working handset audio and BT audio on newest CM M1. Also running with h0tcakes 1.5 kernel, no freezes or reboots.

Downloaded the dump from here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31240992#post31240992

Can you post just the audio_policy.conf file for us? That dump is huge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

thair7391

Mar 2, 2012
Outside of Memphis
Ahhh I figured it out. I decided to actually open the file just to scan its contents and whatever was in that file, it certainly wasn't ASCII or Unicode. It looked like what you see when you open binary data as text. Somehow, that tiny little conf file was corrupted in it's brief period of download to my device. I re-downloaded and checked the file and this time everything was easily interpreted, intuitive text parameters and it worked after rebooting!

Excellent fix! thank you for this. It's been the only thing keeping me off of the nightlies the past week. The changes in the latest build today though look like they've officially fixed the issue. There's multiple changes regarding Bluetooth and A2DP

dgaud007

Oct 12, 2007
Ponce
well i tried today's nightly and still have the problem. anyway i copied the file posted, fixed the permissions and it is working good now. thanks.

Slammin

Dec 16, 2007
This fix works perfectly on flapps latest.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mauijpm

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It fixed the bluetooth audio music issue for me. However, when I was making a call with no headset, the sound was on speaker only even when I was toggling the speaker/phone button. I had to revert back.

Anyone else with the same issue?

PockyBum522

Jan 18, 2006
For anyone having the "permanent speakerphone" issue, use the attached file. It's the CM10 original modified with the correct value for bluetooth frequency. (44100)

On my ATT Galaxy note, everything now functions properly. (BT Audio, BT Controls, Speakerphone when I choose it, phone ear speaker normally, etc)

Attachments

• audio_policy.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

iexplus

Apr 7, 2012
Chicago
When my Note is in vibrate mode, if I press any of play/pause/next/previous in BT headset, the vibrate mode turned off to sound mode. Is this conf file doesn't have this problem? Thanks!

ipprof

Oct 13, 2010
This doesn't work at all for me mainly because I can't flash it . Is there a trick I don't know? I tried flashing like any Rom file but it fails.
Is there something I should do differently? I even cleared cache and davlik as well as doing permissions first but no joy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am unsure of how many people have had the same issue with the i717 when flashing a CM10 based rom (ie Liquid, Paranoid, or CM10 Nightly) the Bluetooth AP2P stops working for music and sounds other than Phone Calls.

After much searching I found eSebk putting a post with a similar issue in the Galaxy SIII Forum. I used this same fix with my i717 Note, tested with Paranoid Android 2.1 with full success.

I wanted to post this hear for anyone searching for a solution to the same issue.

Here is eSebk's thread, be sure to give him thanks if this works for you too as this is 100% his work, I just wanted to help out fellow Note Users.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1848643
    How's the paranoid for that? I tried it for a quick second just to check it out but didn't run a full Bluetooth test.. silly me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

How is the paranoid for what? Paranoid was my first ROM and it hasn't given me any reason to try anything else. This JB Paranoid is super smooth. Most of the bugs are CM10 bugs, not the Paranoid.

In any case, before this fix, bluetooth didn't work at all. After this fix in the OP, bluetooth phone was fixed, BUT bluetooth music doesn't work and when I am not using bluetooth, phone calls were stuck on speakerphone. Someone posted a CM10 fix, that fixed the bluetooth music and the speakerphone issue. Now, bluetooth phone is not working.

I am just going around in circles with bluetooth issues.

did you change the permissions of the file before rebooting?
    I loaded the audio_policy.conf from the note 2 sys dump floating around here. Expected non-working audio and BT but got working handset audio and BT audio on newest CM M1. Also running with h0tcakes 1.5 kernel, no freezes or reboots.

Downloaded the dump from here...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31240992#post31240992
    Can you post just the audio_policy.conf file for us? That dump is huge

Here it is. Just copied to /etc, set permissions, then rebooted.