By vrooden, Senior Member on 27th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2012, 10:35 AM |#111  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooden

Due to sickness the last days (both son and myself ) I have to delay the new release again. Spending time fixing last bugs and also preparing new installers / ZIPs; want to keep it slim, offering to add optional components, assets etc later on. Hopefully tomorrow, otherwise I guess on monday.

Sorry...

Ok, you've had long enough, get off your a$$!

LOL. Just messing with ya. Hope you and your son are doing better.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

13th September 2012, 02:14 PM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB

Ok, you've had long enough, get off your a$$!

LOL. Just messing with ya. Hope you and your son are doing better.

Relax, the wait is over! Just be patient while I add the release notes in the next posts
13th September 2012, 02:16 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member

More
Icon Set-Builder 1.0.0
The wait is over, I intensly used the last days despite still being sick and finished, tested and improved Icon Set-Builder. And finally I'm pleased enough to call it "Version 1.0.0".

A foreword: a LOT has changed improved, so I decided to create an installer which installs the new version side-by-side to the 0.9.x-versions. Basically I reorganized the folders for less clutter. Also the folder contained in the ZIP is called "IconSetBuilderNG" to differentiate from the previous ones.

So... what has changed?

New stuff:
  • App Settings: Some settings are now stored in a config-file, like chosen Visual Style, Preview Device or Author Name
  • Continue session: When closing Icon Set-Builder, this current settings are automatically saved, so next time you start the tool, you are asked wether you want to load the settings and continue your work.
  • Add to queue: If you want to create multiple icon sets (different, slightly changed or whatever), you may queue the generating and finally start processing all queued sets at once.
  • Import/Export: FINALLY the long awaited feature to export your creation to a ZIP file and of course import ones from others is available!
  • Overlays now also have "Hue/Satuation/Lightness" settings like templates.

Improved:
  • Speed: At various places I could improve the speed a lot.
  • Rotation: Rotating had some issues, didn't work correctly sometimes, or left too large margins.

More new features are explained in details in the next posts. Stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICSv100_Screenshot.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1323565  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 02:19 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: Import/Export
In "Tools" you are now able to export your creation as ZIP -- or import others' ZIP into Icon Set-Builder.
When exporting you may choose what to include in the ZIP:
  • Icon Set: include all icons from the currently selected Icon Set's folder
  • Template: include everything from the currently selected Template's folder
  • Masks: include everything from the currently selected Mask's folder
  • Overlays: include everything from the currently selected Overlay's folder
  • Fonts: include the chosen fonts in case it contains textual elements
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	09__ISBv100_ExportToZip.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1323566  
The Following User Says Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 02:20 PM |#115  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: Download from Web
Since I have a hosted website with unlimited traffic and some gigs of storage unused, I decided to
  • put the latest version there for download and
  • *drumroll* added a "Web Store" where you can download additional items (Templates, Icon Sets, ...) directly.
Well... one more reason to create the "Web Store" ("Download additional items") was to be able to reduce the installer's size (13MB now to over 50MB with all stuff) and give you the choice to download only the things you really want.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10__ISBv100_DownloadItems.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1323574  
The Following User Says Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 02:21 PM |#116  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: "Devices" in Simulation
Well... that's more a gimmick than a real feature, but in "Simulation" you may now choose other devices than the default "Sony Xperia S". Available for download are "HTC One X", "Samsung Galaxy S3" and (the one I own) "Sony Ericsson Xperia neo".
The simulated device can be saves as mock-up picture in PNG format.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	16__ISBv100_PreviewDevices.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1323577  
13th September 2012, 02:22 PM |#117  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: Levels and Gamma
The settings under "Icon Set" I split and added a new tab "Icon FX".
Here you'll find a new setting "Levels/Gamma". This allows to change the brightness range (compress / expand) and change the Gamma (distribution of brightness from lowest to highest).
What can it be used for? Well, for example you can use standard app icons, set them to "grey scale" and by adjusting levels transform them into quite "flat" icons better fitting ICS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02__ISBv100_ICSd_AppIcons.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1323579  
13th September 2012, 02:23 PM |#118  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: Label Over Icon
You are no longer limited to "graphical icon" or "textual icon", but can combine both. The icon's label text can be configured and placed independently.
Generally the base icon's name is used as label. But let's say the icon's name is "com.android.browser"... you don't want to display THAT. So to solve this problem, simply place a text file "AppNames.txt" inside the Icon Set's folder containing line by line "translations" (i.e. "com.android.browser=Browser"). Simple as that!
Of course I already created those files for the ICS and Metro icon sets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	03__ISBv100_LabelOverIcon.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1323581   Click image for larger version

Name:	04__ISBv100_AppNames.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1323582  
13th September 2012, 02:23 PM |#119  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: Tool "Extract from Titanium Backup"
I found out, that Titanium Backup's ".properties"-files contain the name of the application as well as the application's icon (in size 72x72). So I added a ways to simply (1) choose a folder containing Titanium's backup files and (2) choose an output folder and let the tool automatically extract icon and app name from the properties-files. Of course the "AppNames.txt"-file for "Label over Icon" is also created on the fly!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	07__ISBv100_ExtractFromTiBk.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1323585  
13th September 2012, 02:24 PM |#120  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: "Save settings as default"
It was already possible to "load" and "save" settings, now you may also "delete" them.
Furthermore it is now possible to "save settings as default". This means: the current settings are not stored in the general "settings"-folder, but are directly created as default for the chosen "Template" or "Template Variant". So if saved as default, next time you choose that Template (or variant), those settings are applied immediately.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	05__ISBv100_SaveAsDefault.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1323587  
13th September 2012, 02:25 PM |#121  
OP Senior Member

More
FEATURE: "Process Queue"
Also under "Settings" there is the "Processing Queue", where queued icon set generatings are stored. To add to the queues, simply press "Add to queue" instead of "Generate".
In "Settings" you can "Process" the list (create all sets one by one), "Load" a queue item's settings (basically the same as loading normal settings), "Remove" single entries or "Clear" the whole list.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	06__ISBv100_ProcessingQueue.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1323588  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)