[ROM][S4] Stock 2.31.401.5 | Deodexed | Rooted | Zipaligned

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Does this mean you've uploaded a fixed zip? Date is 29 august... Can you confirm? I would like to run a 2.31 ROM as stock as possible before going and try Viper (I'm currently running TrickDroid 7.0.0).

bye and thanks a lot.

Find the thread where someone uploaded a twrp nandroid backup of stock 2.31.

-Sent from my TMOUS HTC One S.-
-Stock/rooted 2.21 + 1.06s baseband-
-Hboot 1.06-

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
thanks for the reply...

whenever u get a chance.... still rocking ur venom110.. still solid as a rock.... no problems...

edit: since the release of Trickdroid v8, i guess there is no need for this rom...

thanks again, torxx...

Last edited:
Reactions: dementor123

evilRafael

Mar 11, 2009
Porto Alegre
rafael.lv
Hello kind sirs. Can anyone get me the stock browser from this rom? I accidentally deleted mine (yeah, I should be shot).

I'm on the factory stock firmware (rooted), but I'd try to install the one from this release as it must be the closest available.

Ivancp

Aug 27, 2012
Nice bug rom, i installed it and stoped in a black screen when only there's the notification bar..

evilRafael

Mar 11, 2009
Porto Alegre
rafael.lv
If your odexed you need the odexed version.

http://db.tt/JtnJ73Wx

It's not a flashable zip.

Thanks for the help! Now for some reason I can't get this working. I mounted as r/w, placed both the apk and the odex files within /system/app, changed permissions of both to rw-r--r--. But it can't be found in my app drawer or on the list of installed apps, also when trying to install the system update, it still checks false for /system/app/Browser.apk. Did I have to do something else?

I apologize for getting off-topic to solve my problem, I really need this help, thanks again.

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
tried clearing both caches in recovery? Also try clearing Sense in settings-apps

T-MobileUS HTC One S running Stock Rooted 2.21.

Last edited:

evilRafael

Mar 11, 2009
Porto Alegre
rafael.lv
tried clearing both caches in recovery? Also try clearing Sense in settings-apps.
I even did a factory reset. Both files are still sitting there in /system/app, and no go! :(

Edit1: By the way, see attached, a folder com.android.browser was created (not by me) within /data/data. Perhaps I forgot to create a folder or copy the apk somewhere else? My Xperia neo had system apps on a /system/vendor folder, it took me a while to figure that out...

Edit2: Tried to restore a Titanium Backup's browser backup I had from a different ICS device, it installed the app and it DOES show in my app drawer, it just won't open (picture that says "O browser parou", it's a force-close). Browser.apk was replaced in /system/app by TB. Then if I replace that non-working Browser.apk with the odexed one provided here, app disappears again from app drawer...

Last edited:

fmedrano1977

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Maybe you needed the odexed version from that build. The one I gave you was from 2.31 EU rom. Since you said you've done a hard reset, why not just run the RUU for that rom and reroot after? That will give you everything back.

T-MobileUS HTC One S running Stock Rooted 2.21.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people requested it, now it is here:

ROMDetails.png

• Totally stock (nothing removed)
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Rooted with latest SuperSU
    • Zipaligned with latest sdk r20

Requirements.png

• Unlocked Bootloader
    • CWM/TWRP Recovery

Installation.png

• Download ROM
    • Copy ROM to your sdcard
    • Fullwipe (data and cache)
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot into bootloader
    • Go into fastboot mode
    • Flash the stock boot.img from the ROM with fastboot
    • Fastboot erase cache
    • Let the ROM boot
    • Enjoy

Downloads.png

Information: Any dev can use this as a base for their ROM but please give credits!
    Can you repost the link to the rom, its dead!
    In all seriousness thanks for your effort man :) Don't know what went wrong with it. I've just restored someones nandroid backup so that will do me for now.

You encourage people to downrate my thread instead of waiting for an update and being kind.

STFU
    Thanks for this, just what I require. :)

Would have liked the new radio as well though but will have to wait. :(

EDIT Do you know if there is any 1% battery mods available for this base yet?
    I will update my TrickDroid ROM, this is just a stock ROM