FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Win Honor 9 Lite

[ROM]{ICS}[3272 on AnTuTu] (14/09/2012)HTC DESIRE-AOKP-milestone6 v2(sgs3 launcher)

167 posts
Thanks Meter: 187

By pratheek1992, Senior Member on 2nd September 2012, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2012, 07:11 PM |#91  
Flag Nis
Thanks Meter: 721

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulixess

And the first rooted stock Gingerbread for our Desire with a2sd scripts!

Hmm, not sure what are you talking about.
Do you know how many that kinda roms are here, and for how long?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328

Another one disrespect from a noob dush...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Flashes and Thunders

14th September 2012, 07:13 PM |#92  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,975

Donate to Me
More
Not to be a party-pooper, but I'm a little confused here.

I don't see any links to kernel source from the kernel authors. Just download links to direct downloads. You folks know the rules. GPL

Not rocket science. Any roms/kernels must have source code if the kernel was altered, Git, or whatever. As long as it's stated in the OP.

Always looking to try a new rom, but only if it adheres to GPL and XDA.

MD
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
14th September 2012, 07:18 PM |#93  
OP Senior Member
Flag bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

I don't see any links to kernel source from the kernel authors. Just download links to direct downloads. You folks know the rules. GPL

Not rocket science. Any roms/kernels must have source code if the kernel was altered, Git, or whatever. As long as it's stated in the OP.

MD

do i need to post a link to their sources? i mean i didnt compile the kernels man....i got it off from another dev who had already complied it...!
14th September 2012, 07:21 PM |#94  
OP Senior Member
Flag bangalore

More
Quote:

MD

anyways ll post the link to the source page from the devs....sorry for the mistake..
14th September 2012, 07:27 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
@nloo...: Oh yes I know. Sorry about my answer, I just writed what I read a long time ago. Youre the guy who has such stock rooted rom, I remember.

You call me a noob? Ha, you have to prove it.

I want to help people. I am not here to be called a noob by someone. Bye nlo.....

@MD: Do you talk to me?
I have the Kernel from his official side: http://supernova.droidzone.in/
Under Kernels you find Kernel database. Here are the most new Kernels.

Edit
Ok, you didnt mean me
14th September 2012, 07:35 PM |#96  
Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheek1992

do i need to post a link to their sources? i mean i didnt compile the kernels man....i got it off from another dev who had already complied it...!

Well, that's the issue I think. I've sent a PM to your forum moderator, af974, asking the same question so hopefully can clear this up.

Generally, if we, (modders) use a non-stock kernel, ie: another author, then we are obligated to link to the authors site who should have a source code link. According to GPL. It's one thing, if the kernel comes from XDA, but offsite is another matter.

Probably is nothing, as you'rs is the first I was looking at. Looking to update my Desire I just noticed it is all.

MD

EDIT: Thanks for the source
14th September 2012, 07:40 PM |#97  
OP Senior Member
Flag bangalore

More
Quote:

Well, that's the issue I think. I've sent a PM to your forum moderator, af974, asking the same question so hopefully can clear this up.

Generally, if we, (modders) use a non-stock kernel, ie: another author, then we are obligated to link to the authors site who should have a source code link. According to GPL. It's one thing, if the kernel comes from XDA, but offsite is another matter.

Probably is nothing, as you'rs is the first I was looking at. Looking to update my Desire I just noticed it is all.

MD

oh alright but even then i gave out a link to their sources i found them.. and try out the rom ul like it hopefull....and its my first thread on the desire forum so dont wanna mess it up...:P
14th September 2012, 07:53 PM |#98  
Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheek1992

oh alright but even then i gave out a link to their sources i found them.. and try out the rom ul like it hopefull....and its my first thread on the desire forum so dont wanna mess it up...:P

Thanks Mate. Will give it a go this weekend.

MD
15th September 2012, 01:44 AM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Hey Guys, I'm currently looking at building AOKP from source as K900 has officially stop devving for the HTC Desire. If demand is high enough I shall build it from source
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topgeardave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift topgeardave Ad-Free
15th September 2012, 02:24 AM |#100  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgeardave

Hey Guys, I'm currently looking at building AOKP from source as K900 has officially stop devving for the HTC Desire. If demand is high enough I shall build it from source

Would be nice 'cause it would bring a lot of benefits... correct? Well, I'd like the rom to keep alive, it's a pretty good ICS, has its things, its little bugs, the 3g is a bit unstable when turning on and off, same for flash light (caused hot reboot today), would be great for someone to maintain an ICS (specially AOKP, many users like it) that would be smooth just like gingerbread lol.
16th September 2012, 07:16 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 433

More
@pratheek1992: Just wanted to know if you intend to continue development on this one?

Just asking because I saw many projects hanging up abruptly thus users loosing support for their ROMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)