[REQUEST] Unique Concentric Ring Clock / Calendar

Search This thread

mncessna

Feb 22, 2008
Hillsboro, OR
Great!

No sorry! You're great. You're welcome.

My problem / wish was to use one of the first versions of this clock because I liked this style most. The clock was working fine the last months till we start the new year with the month "Jänner" and the clock shows "J[]n 1" instead of "Jän 1"

Unfortunately I missed that I used another lua script for German letters and 24 hour setting. :eek:

But now all is fine :cool:

I was also trying to get you the lua script that was designed so that all the time wheels would start to rotate 5 seconds prior to the new time/date. this is how the minutes and hours wheels function now. instead of these wheels jumping to the new time at the last second, they begin to incrementally rotate when the second hand reaches the 55 second mark.

the lua script i had included caused all the wheels to perform like this. it was a blast watching Concentrichron as the time changed at December 31, 2010, 11:59:55 pm! all the wheels were moving at the same time!

anyway, i'm glad you've got a working clock again and i'm especially glad that my Concentrichron is a clock that you like enough to use!

marvin

mncessna

Feb 22, 2008
Hillsboro, OR
Wheels Of Time (aka concentrichron)

i don't know if anyone is trolling this thread anymore, but just in case....

i've moved to the android space and since then developed a live wallpaper that is called wheels of time. you can find it on the google market for $.99. i hope you but it and like it!

thanks,
marvin

Reactions: mike2nl and poyensa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wheels Of Time (aka concentrichron)

i don't know if anyone is trolling this thread anymore, but just in case....

i've moved to the android space and since then developed a live wallpaper that is called wheels of time. you can find it on the google market for $.99. i hope you but it and like it!

thanks,
    marvin
    I changed the luascript and the mode 9 file like described before (and made some variables from global to local). Now the clock is working for me with German settings and 24 hour use.
    sure, i can apply a transparency to the rings. why don't you provide me a list of wheel name (year, month, day, weekday, hour, minutes-tens, minutes-ones) and transparency percentage and i'll see what i can do.

marvin

Hi marvin..
    sorry but i'm a noob in all of this but.
    for me i love to see the year and day a bit transparent maybe 25 procent
    of course it still has to be readable..

thnx
    International version of Concentrichron widget

Unfortunately the month shows for German users a wrong char for "ä". Don't know why this happen. Tried to fix it, I got the month working again, but broke instead the whole clock function - no time working. :confused:

Could you be so kind and compile this version for me?

PS: Happy new year to you and all other...

This is the same widget as the English version of mncessna's Concentrichron clock (so they can't exist together) but with the text fields in the language of your regional settings. For this you need CHT 2.0; it is a standalone clock and doesn't substitute the standard clock. If you want to mod the image files (for example to german), you can take a zip or cab of the standard clock and rename the approbiate manila files (standard clock -> widget):

CoverPlate (shield) 41c36290_manila 1853625A_manila
    CoverPlate2 (bubbles) 41c36290_manila 22E3480C_manila
    CoverPlate3 (gray) 41c36290_manila 22F5608D_manila
    second Hand (wheel) 2a87d392_manila 0117D35C_manila
    second Hand (gray hand) 2a87d392_manila 2447F1CF_manila

years Wheel 15251474_manila 6BB5143E_manila
    months Names 67A1D588_manila 1031CE92_manila
    months Days 3abd7985_manila 114D794F_manila
    week Days 2cfdd9f8_manila 17175F42_manila
    hours Wheel 129aeb61_manila 692AEB2B_manila
    minutes Tens 3955f1ba_manila 61E5EAC4_manila
    minutes Ones 3bda7e75_manila 646A777F_manila

There are multiple names for the Coverplate because there are different Coverplates and second hands in the widget but not in the standard clock. You have to install the widget and then to copy your modified files into the windows directory (same for every reinstalling).
    recompiled

I'm a little bit confused. I want to use this clock in CHT 1.8.5 and not with CHT 2. So what do I need to do? I thougth that an easy way is to modify the lua file - not using "ä" for "Jän" or "Mär" - and copy it back. Unfortunately I got error while compiling... Anyone else who can compile the script for me?

here's your file...re-compiled.

Marvin