Splash Screen Repository

Search This thread

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
Here is a though I had for a "intermediate" animation. this is from the kaiser section. I am a complete idiot when it comes to making a GIF, or it would be done. Obviously the resolution would have to be changed. So if somone would like to take the ball and run with it, or if somone would like to explain how to do this.

ciapreview2jk7.gif

Last edited:

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
Here is a though I had for a "intermediate" animation. this is from the kaiser section. I am a complete idiot when it comes to making a GIF, or it would be done. Obviously the resolution would have to be changed. So if somone would like to take the ball and run with it, or if somone would like to explain how to do this.

ciapreview2jk7.gif

Your welcome. Gif resized and edited to remove the unnecessary screens.

ciapreviewtg7.gif

KD8DNS

Jan 30, 2008
On a cell tower
Nice, thanks tater. You the man. I flew back from jersey today, and a lady on the plane seemed a little nervous when she glanced over and saw my phone booting up. It was hilarious.

Last edited:

rddcarlos

Mar 25, 2008
New York City
couple question... umm how do i go about putting this splash screen on my fuze... i love it but where can i get a .cab for it ??

Last edited:

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
P1Tater,

What program did you use to re size the GIF?

Adobe Fireworks CS3. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

couple question... umm how do i go about putting this splash screen on my fuze... i love it but where can i get a .cab for it ??

There is no cab to apply splash screens. The first screen must be flashed either by SD method (the one I prefer) or via USB method (the one I dislike).

The welcomhead.192 file can just be dropped in the /Windows directory by Total Commander.

rddcarlos

Mar 25, 2008
New York City
There is no cab to apply splash screens. The first screen must be flashed either by SD method (the one I prefer) or via USB method (the one I dislike).

The welcomhead.192 file can just be dropped in the /Windows directory by Total Commander.

i did the sd method but cant get the cia to post like in the above picture i think its because the picture is in .gif isnt it suppose to be .png ?? and for some reason i cant exchange the welcome.192 with the cia one.... i know these are really noob questions but any help on this is greatly aprechiated..

Last edited:

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
i did the sd method but cant get the cia to post like in the above picture i think its because the picture is in .gif isnt it suppose to be .png ?? and for some reason i cant exchange the welcome.192 with the cia one.... i know these are really noob questions but any help on this is greatly aprechiated..

Ok, no problem.

In post #14 I attached a zip file. In that zip file is 3 files. One is a .nbh file, one is a .bmp file and one is a .png file. Rename the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh. Copy it to your SD card. Enter bootloader and follow the on screen directions.

Now, once the device boots, copy the welcomehead.192 file to /Windows with total commander or resco explorer or whatever you use.

Now, the .gif I posted a few posts ago needs to renamed to animated_start.gif and copied to your /Windows of your device also.

Once you have completed all of these steps your done.

rddcarlos

Mar 25, 2008
New York City
i dont know what im doing wrong but it keeps loading my old splash screen...
this is what i did...

1. changed the nbh file to RAPHIMG.nbh and put it into my sd card
and started bootloader (question where do the other 2 pic's go here i mean i know they go in /windows folder but do i put them before bootloader it makes sence that i should... but u said after)

2. i put the animated_start.gif and welcomehead.192.png in /windows with TC and then did a soft reset but no change at all... (all i see is the CIAMain at 1st but thats all, and does it matter that i cant move or delete my old welcomehead.192...)

Thank You for all the help

Silv3r

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta
CIA animation

The animation file needs to be animated.gif, not animated_start.gif. You can verify this by checking the existing animated.gif file in the windows directory - this is the standard HTC logo.

Silv3r

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta
Animation file

Ok I posted that before I tested it. The animated.gif file is a real pain in the ass to get rid of, but i figured it out. Copy the CIA animation .gif into the \windows\ folder, then change it to animated.gif so that there are 2 of them. Now, change the properties of the cia animation to be a system file and change the date (of the cia animation) to one day older that the PITA animated.gif file that is the htc logo animation.

Hope that fixed it for ya, I just got mine working!

Last edited:

flyguy74

Oct 31, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not to be an idiot, but what does it mean when you say "enter into bootloader"? Is this an app like Total Commander? Sorry for the dumb question. Thanks guys! :confused:

lady_mariko

Dec 7, 2008
Austin
Saw this thread and thought I'd contribute my 1st boot screen. The .jpg is just so that you can see what it looks like. The .nbh file is in the .zip. Perhaps there is someone else here who appreciates the classics. :)

Attachments

• Marilyn480X640.jpg
    Marilyn480X640.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 361
  • MarilynSplash.zip
    277.5 KB · Views: 100

Fuzer

Nov 15, 2008
Oak Hill, VA
Bootloader help

OK, I followed the instructions in here, I followed the instructions on the wiki for bootloader, but I keep ending up stuck in the "Loading..." screen after the RGB splash screen comes up after the bootloader reset. I waited varying amounts of time - no difference. Is there another step I need to take during this process - if so, Wiki needs to be updated, b/c it's instructions on the bootloader are cursory.

Trying to get the CIA flash loaded. All files are in place - just need to get the bootloader running to finish the job!

flyguy74

Oct 31, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Can someone upload the Vegas splash screen as a .bmp? I tried to convert it but it didn't come out very well. Now the bandwidth has been exceeded so I can't even copy the image from the thread. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is my contribution to this great thread.

I took the knowledge from this post by HueMann to make my own bootloader images for my Touch Pro. I have previously made bootloader images for my Hermes using a similar method.

The file I am sharing with you will change your FIRST bootloader/splash screen only.
    The attached image is only to demonstrate what it will look like.

The zip file contains 2 files:
    RaphaelCustomRUU.exe
    zehro_iphonekiller.nbh

Steps:
    1. Download zehro_iphonekiller_bootscreen.zip.
    2. Extract the files.
    3. Run RaphaelCustomRUU.exe.
    4. Flash the bootloader.
    5. Enjoy!

Flashing this file is not going to mess up your rom, it only changes the very first bootloader image. Just remember to follow the instructions and be careful when performing any flash procedure. I am not responsible if something goes wrong.