Motorola S9 + S9-HD

Search This thread
T

tvos

Friends,

Just recently purchased through AT+T the S9 Motorola bluetooth wireless headset. I was wondering what is the difference in sound for the Motorola S9 compared to the S9-HD?

Please advise.

tvos

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
When I first read your thread title I thought I was going to have to solve a complicated math equation.

The answer is obviously 2.

T

tvos

what is the difference, that is what i am asking...!

do you really hear the difference between the two bluetooth headsets?

tvos

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Lol @ X2D.

The difference is between sound, battery life, and the ability to handle sweat. They both suck at reception, although the S9HD does have better bass. I like that the S9HD can handle sweat, while soon enough, S9's will die from it.

T

tvos

I decided to bail on the s9 and order the s9+hd... i tested s9 and it does sound really good and with srs working (extra bass) no complaints here.. but I do want to use this for working out and not having to spend $$ every six months because it shorts out due to water.

tvos

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
I decided to bail on the s9 and order the s9+hd... i tested s9 and it does sound really good and with srs working (extra bass) no complaints here.. but I do want to use this for working out and not having to spend $$ every six months because it shorts out due to water.

tvos

Bail? As in return? Give up? Put in a drawer? lol.

T

tvos

return it...while awaiting my s9+hd..:)

i used my $50.00 refund from the fuze I purchased towards the s9 which at&t sold it for $100.00 costing me $50.00. I found a site on-line for $70.00 which in the end costs me $20.00 for the s9+hd:)

tvos

T

tvos

S9+hd + srs wow

Just recently returned the S9 for S9+HD and very impressed!

With these two applications it is definitely well worth the investment. I didn't have any problems with reception even up to 30ft.

I definite must have hardware!

tvos

kbcherry

Mar 21, 2007
Bloomington, IL
I also upgraded from the regular S9 to the S9-HD and have been very happy. I can't honestly say that I can tell about the sound quality, but the reception and fit is better.

T

tvos

you should definitely install SRS WOW on the diamond... its an incredible difference..

tvos

rlblue

Oct 21, 2008
Indiana
Never had a problem at all with reception on my S9. Never any static, and works a great distance from the phone.
I'm a fat sweaty guy, and I use mine at the gym. NEVER had a problem with it, but I hear others do. I'm going to assume people just leave the usb cover open or something when they use them.

kenhen93

Jun 27, 2008
Denver
I had an S9 like a year ago with my Dash and I had to return it twice. I sweat ALOT and it could not handle it. Hopefully the S9HD is better.

T

tvos

is there a carrying case to protect these headphones? i had to return my headphones because there was a rattle coming from the left ear piece.

other than that - i normally clean the stereo headphones from sweat so that way they will be clean.. preventive maintenance..

i have noticed after having the headphones on for awhile, the ears start to ache a bit..

tvos

T

tvos

I also upgraded from the regular S9 to the S9-HD and have been very happy. I can't honestly say that I can tell about the sound quality, but the reception and fit is better.

how do you carry the headphones around? do you use a bag, I am afraid that they will be damaged in transit.. I was wondering if there was a case that will protect them?

also, do you get a rattle from the headphones? i RMA'd my first headphone, recieved the new one.. same problem.. or it might be the ear bud.

please advise

tvos

cforster

Sep 4, 2008
I have a pair now that I use on a daily basis. I have had little problems with them. They sound great, pair to phone easy. (did come across one rom they didn't work with, but that was not the headphones fault)

I picked mine up not long ago for only $60.

T

tvos

mine ran me around $79.00 - I picked up the S9+HD and not the S9 which is a older version.

I noticed a littel rattle in the earpiece.. not sure if it is the rubber part or something inside. I rma'd the first one back to shopcell and recieved new one.. same thing.. so I question this.

do you have this issue? I am a jogger.

tvos

Skippy38

Nov 19, 2008
is there a carrying case to protect these headphones? i had to return my headphones because there was a rattle coming from the left ear piece.

other than that - i normally clean the stereo headphones from sweat so that way they will be clean.. preventive maintenance..

i have noticed after having the headphones on for awhile, the ears start to ache a bit..

tvos

Holy crap what are you people doing to these things. I have the S9 and I have personally had 0 problems. I use them to mow the grass, I even wear them with my motorcycle. Great sound and reception. Never a problem with carrying them around as i pull them out of my ears and let them hang on my neck.

Now the only real issue i have is the speaker head is a little big for my ears, so after a few hours of them in my ears start to hurt. other than that my use of them has been great. Sorry to hear you all have had issues with them.

ariele

Apr 27, 2006
Never had a problem at all with reception on my S9. Never any static, and works a great distance from the phone.
I'm a fat sweaty guy, and I use mine at the gym. NEVER had a problem with it, but I hear others do. I'm going to assume people just leave the usb cover open or something when they use them.

I owned a S9 . By now are unusable. Is a matter of time when controls start to fail when is exposed to sweat. Besides this, I think are great and unique design. Hopefully Motorola can address this problem.