16th September 2012, 09:40 PM |#1661  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1

Could the mod be the CM10 rom?

Kenneth put a lot of work into performance improvements so if you think something else is better at least give some constructive feedback.
In which ways is CM faster? app load times? UI interactions? etc

17th September 2012, 12:06 AM |#1662  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dallas - TX
Thanks Meter: 26,709

Donate to Me
More
Team eos ROM is incomparable with other roms out here. You may find more features somewhere else, maybe... but with the massive performance tweaks, mods, enhancements , efforts, been put into this ROM by team eos makes it number ONE. Not every thing that glitters, shines, is gold...
The maturity of this ROM is unique. Eos mates work it out for fun and to provide all what is best for the community for free. Have we ever thought of supporting them with donations? Appreciation at least means more than money here. You guys are awesome. I am watching the reviews, open, merged mods of what yet to come in this ROM and I have nothing to say better than...

17th September 2012, 12:49 AM |#1663  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 745

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdliu

... so if you think something else is better at least give some constructive feedback

This. We might not be perfect, but we're willing to do what we need to, to get there.

That being said, it's still a free country- so use whichever ROM works for you. Just remember though that the people who work on the Xoom ROMs for EOS use this thing every day, and hate when things don't work exactly right and will attempt to make it better.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcrudup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kcrudup Ad-Free
17th September 2012, 01:19 AM |#1664  
Flag Near Seattle
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I don't post to often here unless its to ask a question or something. But I have to say, if you don't like something you should keep your opinions to yourself. And as stated before if you must criticize keep it constructive, trolling doesn't help anything. Team EOS, just as the guys working on CM, do fine work and they should be respected for that.
17th September 2012, 01:29 AM |#1665  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjamocha

I know for a fact that the U.S. Moto Xoom (cdma) SMS service is blocked by the carrier (Verizon) currently.
There may be a way around it. But sms works all day long on GSM non U.S. xooms. So jealous.

Google voice will allow you to send texts and receive texts from your actual cell number. I use it everyday.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
17th September 2012, 01:44 AM |#1666  
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamothman

Team eos ROM is incomparable with other roms out here. You may find more features somewhere else, maybe... but with the massive performance tweaks, mods, enhancements , efforts, been put into this ROM by team eos makes it number ONE. Not every thing that glitters, shines, is gold...
The maturity of this ROM is unique. Eos mates work it out for fun and to provide all what is best for the community for free. Have we ever thought of supporting them with donations? Appreciation at least means more than money here. You guys are awesome. I am watching the reviews, open, merged mods of what yet to come in this ROM and I have nothing to say better than...

I totally agree with this. EOS ROM was my last choice (I usually try the CM roms first since the code should be more refined, but not lately) due to the options/adjustments mentioned seemed minimal and I always like completely modded roms which this is, but only in ways of performance which I think is ideal for this aging unit that honestly only disappoints in higher end 3D games IMO.

Also, I never comment on roms. Most roms are usually a disappointment in a few ways but so far this has not been one of those times.

Any chance we could get more out of the GPU with another kernel? I'm stable at 1.6ghz(1.7 crashes after a few mins) max right now with the included kernel in this rom.
17th September 2012, 03:01 AM |#1667  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave240

Need a lot more info. What version are you running, what version did you upgrade from, have you flashed the radios, when did this start, and finally what do you mean by terrible battery life? Those answers will get you started to find if anything is wrong.

Thanks for the reply. I am running 138 came from 137. I have been having issues since I upgraded to jelly bean. ICS seemed to be running fine.

I just updated the radio and that didn't seem to do anything. I am not to familiar with kernel or radio updates so if so if someone could link me to what they are using that would be a huge help.

By terrible battery life if mean 2 hours. I even have the airplane mode turned on with just WiFi. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
17th September 2012, 03:11 AM |#1668  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmoney13

Thanks for the reply. I am running 138 came from 137. I have been having issues since I upgraded to jelly bean. ICS seemed to be running fine.

I just updated the radio and that didn't seem to do anything. I am not to familiar with kernel or radio updates so if so if someone could link me to what they are using that would be a huge help.

By terrible battery life if mean 2 hours. I even have the airplane mode turned on with just WiFi. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

does your 4g work? I assume it probably doesn't so you have to use Rogue recovery and flash the radios. Other recoveries may not flash correctly! Here is a link to the file you need to flash: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/radios put it on your sd card, boot into recovery and flash. It takes a few minutes to work so be patient. That should fix the battery issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdave240 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigdave240 Ad-Free
17th September 2012, 03:55 AM |#1669  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Fontana, CA
Thanks Meter: 7,163

Donate to Me
More
I'm gonna chime in here just to bury any nonsense. Me and steady and TDR, the cm maintainers, are friends and go back longer than most of you have been around. The aosp community would not exist as it does today without pioneers like cyanogen, koush, and others. All of us are indebted to them. We have nothing but love for cyanogenmod, aokp and others. We, as TeamEos developers and users must not be distracted by flamers, trolls, and other human subspecies who would wish to divide us. We are all really one community.

This matter is considered squashed.

/end public service announcement
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrushdog Ad-Free
17th September 2012, 04:05 AM |#1670  
Thanks Meter: 765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojp

Google voice will allow you to send texts and receive texts from your actual cell number. I use it everyday.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Thank you-Yes, I know. You Missed the point. We were discussing native Sms function with out ...never mind.
17th September 2012, 04:13 AM |#1671  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm on 138 and keep getting FCS in he browser. Can I provide anything to help with the diagnosis?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread