[ROM]tvall's cm7

Search This thread

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
For a while I've been randomly uploading pure cm7 builds for the dream and sapphire as cm made cool changes. At this point, cm7 seems "finished" (the cm team is focusing entirely on cm10 it seems), so I stopped making pure builds. Instead, I will be pulling useful features in and attempt to make a stable, yet feature packed rom.

Release 0.01 (released on September 17 at 00:05) is just cyanogenmod 7.2 with launcher2 and magpie. More features to come.

Requirements:
A htc dream or sapphire 32b with at least danger spl (1.33.0013d spl and 2.22.28.25 radio recommended) or an old radio 32a. I test on a mytouch 3g 1.2 with 1.33.0013d and 2.22.28.25.

Flashing instructions.
1. Download the rom, kernel, and optionally gapps to your sdcard.
2. Make sure you are in recovery mode with a custom recovery.
3. If you are coming from any other rom besides the pure cm7 builds on dw9906's thread, wipe userdata, cache, sd-ext, and system.
4. Apply any custom mtd setup you wish. I don't use custom mtd so I don't know what sizes are best for this rom. (Optional)
5. Flash the rom
6. Feed the cat. he's very hungry. Neglecting your animals so you can flash roms constantly is bad.
7. Flash the kernel.
8. Flash gapps
9. Reboot.
10. Enjoy.

Downloads:
Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?gkdvgk7l6mrz94u
Kernel: ezgb kernels
Gapps: I don't include or distribute these. You should know where to find them.

Bugs: none I know of

Features: magpie, launcher2

Future features: autokernel. Kernel built with linaro. Kernel with bfs.

Thanks to:
Google - android
CyanogenMod team - the awesome rom
Firerat - magpie
Ezterry and AndDiSa - kernel
Infinimint and the united dev team - hosting and support
My girlfriend - for putting up with this time consuming hobby. I love her. :)

Last edited:

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
//reserved

Sources coming soon. My current setup is a little messed up. Need to fix it.

Note: rules on using this rom for other projects
Most of android is under the apache2 license. just don't violate that and we're good.

more specific rules: source is on my github, do whatever you want within the terms of the licences. make your own rom, use it to port other devices, release a rom that is exactly the same with a new name and a shiny theme, I don't care as long as you are building from source.
If you use prebuilt anything from releases of this rom, please be nice and send me a pm asking for permission. this is supposed to be an open community, but i hate seeing 20+ cm7 roms with nothing different except name and bundled apps. If you don't ask, and you havent made something different enough from this rom to be worth having its own thread, it may or may not get reported.

Last edited:

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
well... got a shiny new kernel compiled with linaro. :) so far so good. should i post it, or should I wait till i've tweaked it a little more?

E

evall

e2umy3e9.jpg
e9u8e8es.jpg
pazehepu.jpg

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using Tapatalk 2

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Link not working on Opera Mini

That's weird, using Opera Mini the ROM download on MediaFire isn't working... left it for ages but remained on "0/52.46Mb". The kernel downloaded fine though :eek:

Oh well, working now, gonna try it as Cronmod is being slow on me :(

Last edited:

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
i was wondering, what's the difference between the "linaro" and the usual kernel build?

The linaro toolchain has a ton of arm optimizations that should make stuff compiled with it perform better. Cm was considering using it to build pretty much all of cm9, but found it caused random stability issues.

My girlfriend has been running the kernel for days and has yet to have any major issues. She also hasn't said if it helps..

adityo97

Nov 15, 2008
Jakarta
The linaro toolchain has a ton of arm optimizations that should make stuff compiled with it perform better. Cm was considering using it to build pretty much all of cm9, but found it caused random stability issues.

My girlfriend has been running the kernel for days and has yet to have any major issues. She also hasn't said if it helps..

and is it really the Linaro make cm7 faster? sorry for asking, just curious bout the linaro after i watched it on youtube

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
haven't tested thoroughly enough to confirm. This rom also uses launcher2, which is a lot faster than adw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For a while I've been randomly uploading pure cm7 builds for the dream and sapphire as cm made cool changes. At this point, cm7 seems "finished" (the cm team is focusing entirely on cm10 it seems), so I stopped making pure builds. Instead, I will be pulling useful features in and attempt to make a stable, yet feature packed rom.

Release 0.01 (released on September 17 at 00:05) is just cyanogenmod 7.2 with launcher2 and magpie. More features to come.

Requirements:
    A htc dream or sapphire 32b with at least danger spl (1.33.0013d spl and 2.22.28.25 radio recommended) or an old radio 32a. I test on a mytouch 3g 1.2 with 1.33.0013d and 2.22.28.25.

Flashing instructions.
    1. Download the rom, kernel, and optionally gapps to your sdcard.
    2. Make sure you are in recovery mode with a custom recovery.
    3. If you are coming from any other rom besides the pure cm7 builds on dw9906's thread, wipe userdata, cache, sd-ext, and system.
    4. Apply any custom mtd setup you wish. I don't use custom mtd so I don't know what sizes are best for this rom. (Optional)
    5. Flash the rom
    6. Feed the cat. he's very hungry. Neglecting your animals so you can flash roms constantly is bad.
    7. Flash the kernel.
    8. Flash gapps
    9. Reboot.
    10. Enjoy.

Downloads:
    Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?gkdvgk7l6mrz94u
    Kernel: ezgb kernels
    Gapps: I don't include or distribute these. You should know where to find them.

Bugs: none I know of

Features: magpie, launcher2

Future features: autokernel. Kernel built with linaro. Kernel with bfs.

Thanks to:
    Google - android
    CyanogenMod team - the awesome rom
    Firerat - magpie
    Ezterry and AndDiSa - kernel
    Infinimint and the united dev team - hosting and support
    My girlfriend - for putting up with this time consuming hobby. I love her. :)
    //reserved

Sources coming soon. My current setup is a little messed up. Need to fix it.

Note: rules on using this rom for other projects
    Most of android is under the apache2 license. just don't violate that and we're good.

more specific rules: source is on my github, do whatever you want within the terms of the licences. make your own rom, use it to port other devices, release a rom that is exactly the same with a new name and a shiny theme, I don't care as long as you are building from source.
    If you use prebuilt anything from releases of this rom, please be nice and send me a pm asking for permission. this is supposed to be an open community, but i hate seeing 20+ cm7 roms with nothing different except name and bundled apps. If you don't ask, and you havent made something different enough from this rom to be worth having its own thread, it may or may not get reported.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?py8asp6ab109dyl

new kernel. might or might not help speed things up. built with the linaro toolchain
    it should. I don't have access to a 32a so i'll have to wait for you to confirm

Ok, unless somebody else does it, i will try these days for sure.
    It flashes and boots normally on 32A devices with old radio. :D:D