Mms picture too large?

Search This thread

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
So I am using the camera on the phone but not able to text photos once they are taken. How do you send pictures taken with stock camera. I tried bot gosms and stock messenger. Thanks

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using Tapatalk 2.

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
On ICS I just use the camera icon in the message app. Works quite well. Come to think of it I have had no issue sending pics at all. Are you still on stock firmware?

D

Deleted member 1483200

Shouldn't it compress the picture before you send?

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Yes everything is stock here. I press the quick launch button for the camera, then tried sending with go sms. I asked people if they got the picture and they said no. I tried to resend while on landlines no luck gosms looks like it went through but recipients got nothing. I then went to the stock messaging app and when I tried to send it it said file too large. I am gonna attach the picture. It was a joke to some of my gaming buddies that actually do sell produce so please do not take offense. Thanks for the help.
8aby6yju.jpg

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
That's what I thought. Is there a setting to compress pictures

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Ok checked Mms settings for go sms. I have preserve image resolution checked. I also have maximum Mms size set to 5m since I am always on 4G or lte. I thought this was for receiving pictures but please check your settings. I want to send and receive high quality pictures back and forth with friends and family thanks

D

Deleted member 1483200

Well the default messaging app doesn't even have mms settings lol. Umm could you send everything fine before you installed go sms.

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
You may have hit your data limit? Can you take a screen shot of the error message if any comes up? I know for myself, using juice defender pro when I go from no 4g to 4g sometimes I lose all data connection and cannot do anything so if you have an app that cuts off data while your phones screen is off that could do it
Can you send other pictures? Check your Apn settings also to be sure they're right

Sent from my LT28at using xda premium

Last edited: