new OTA update

Search This thread

rickykemp

Jul 15, 2011
London
i've seen great improvements in opening apps, particularly Chrome, and some apps, that would previously come up with the 'not responding' thing when syncing don't do it anymore. Loving it so far, nice one Asus.

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
Hi All,

Here is the dlpkgfile for the new update incase anyone wants it ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fhcpxp4l7f7ylf/dlpkgfile.zip

EDIT: I've just installed it and so far I'm impressed.
Restored root easily, and everything seems a bit more stable.

Also, I don't have the clock problem that other people are mentioning.

How did you install that? I tried using the method in the guide in this section (putting the dlp not the zipped one) file in /cache, and putting "command" file in /cache/recovery, and that command file reads:
--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile
So seemed pretty logical to me. I rebooted, but nothing happened. the dlp file is still there, but the command file is gone.

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi All,

Here is the dlpkgfile for the new update incase anyone wants it ;)

How did you install that? I tried using the method in the guide in this section (putting the dlp not the zipped one) file in /cache, and putting "command" file in /cache/recovery, and that command file reads:
--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile
So seemed pretty logical to me. I rebooted, but nothing happened. the dlp file is still there, but the command file is gone.

Hi,

Mine installed fine without failing from the OTA prompt. I just thought I'd upload the dlpkgfile to help ppl out that cant update.

When the first JB update came out mine failed, and I followed this guide and managed to update it with the last update file that someone posted.

Follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853145 and use the dlkpgfile that I uploaded.

Let me know how you get on.

EDIT: Make sure you unfreeze any system apps using TB and restore the stock build.prop file.

Last edited:

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
Hi,

Mine installed fine without failing from the OTA prompt. I just thought I'd upload the dlpkgfile to help ppl out that cant update.

When the first JB update came out mine failed, and I followed this guide and managed to update it with the last update file that someone posted.

Follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853145 and use the dlkpgfile that I uploaded.

Let me know how you get on.

EDIT: Make sure you unfreeze any system apps using TB and restore the stock build.prop file.

Followed exactly as stated, no joy. I never updated the prop file, so no issue there, and the only frozen app is that which is offered through ASUS settings, which is to disable PC Sync, no other apps frozen.

Only part I didn't do was boot into recovery, so I did that, but I have CWM touch 6013 for recovery...when that popped up, it had an extra "invalid command argument" statement at the bottom that it doesn't normally have, assuming that was because of the command file. The command file in your post contained the same command as the one in the guide in the general section, so that seems to be in order. It just won't happen. Wonder what I'm missing.

Oh, and I guess I should ask the obvious, is your dlpkgfile the US version? Because that's what I'm running.

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
the blob has a new kernel, bootloader and recovery hopefully a fix for these random bricks.

Oh wow, that scares me a tad being unlocked with cwm recovery.. safe to update you think once I figure out how?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I apologise, I should have stated, the one I uploaded is the WW version.

Hopefully someone else will upload the US version before they apply it.

OK that answered my last one. Hope that's what was stopping me, thanks.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
Got notification on rooted stock with modified build.prop. Replaced with original build.prop, did update and restored root with voodoo, no problem. So far seems quite similar to previous version, both of which had minimal issues. Heroes Call is still not working :(

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
i'm in Houston, tx and i'm updating my tab right now. stock/ no rooted ^^. Let's see how my tab perform after this update.

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
I don't know if I'm just imagining this, but it feels a lot more snappier, portrait mode seems a lot faster than the first JB FW.

untermensch

Apr 4, 2009
Portland
I renamed the file to update.zip installed via ClockworkMod touch 6.0.1.3
install went fine, re-installed ClockworkMod touch 6.0.1.3 via fastboot no
issues to report.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    US OTA dlpkgfile

http://db.tt/9mXLI8JH

Here's a link to a copy of the US OTA dlpkgfile blob.

Got a an update today for my US tf300. It failed like it always does since I'm root and now I can't redownload or try to install again, like it always does.

So for the ones who get the ota, please upload the file! It should be in /Cache

It will be a few days before a full flash is out.

Want proof? I can show a screenshot but it doesn't say anything besides an update is out. I couldn't get the date in the screenshot. Just take my word for it.

Side note: clearing cache and data for the dm and cm client does not work if an ota fails at install. Stop telling people it does.
    Hi All,

Here is the dlpkgfile (WW Version) for the new update incase anyone wants it ;)

Don't really notice much difference

Yes, I also received the OTA update, right now. At the first sight, no difference. But using it you will see some improvements, I hope. I'm playing with it just half an hour, but I've noticed at least one change for good: the streaming internet TV works well again. I can see the motion picture in SPB TV app that broadcasted only voice after the first JB update.

But the MyLibrary remained buggy :( It shows the cover pages of the books, but when I open one, the app closes itself...

By the way, the update must be an incremental one (not full ROM), because it was downloaded very quickly, 1-2 minutes.

Anyway I'm glad that the repair OTA came quite soon! Let's try it heavily to see what changed and what not and gather our experience here!

Tibor
    Finding after JB update

Got the JB update OTA today. I'm on the ww-version, stock, not rooted.
    First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Got the JB update OTA today. I'm on the ww-version, stock, not rooted.
    First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

The clock issue is actually worse on my tablet than above described: the down right clock and the clock showing when opening the "dialogue box" are showing different times. The down right clock hasn't updated for 1/2 hr now and the clock within the "box" hasn't updated for an hour. To me this is a serious error - have reported it to Asus via their website.