1,928 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,364

By Utacka, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th September 2012, 05:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 12:11 PM |#841  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 872

More
hey i think PA is awesome but what i want to know what is the difference between this rom and the one in the original android development ???

18th September 2012, 12:13 PM |#842  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnahly

hey i think PA is awesome but what i want to know what is the difference between this rom and the one in the original android development ???

Then don't be lazy and read the first post
The Following User Says Thank You to NotablyNice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NotablyNice Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 12:32 PM |#843  
Flag Smethvegas
Thanks Meter: 651

More
I have never had network disconnects on PA JB, on any version, but have always had the LPT modem since the start. Currently:

Utacka's 17/09 build + kernel.
LPT modem

I also had no disconnnect issues when I was using hydracore 4.3b.

It may also be useful for you to know the route I took to get to here.

initially flashed GB KJ1 via PC odin and used chainfires CF-Root tool to gain root etc (as per Dr Ketans guide).
I was then running Chracks GB ROM V13 before I upgraded to ICS.
On upgrading to ICS I made a boo boo when I was drunk so had to do the initial KJ1 step above.
I then used mobile odin to flash the corresponding stock ICS Touchwiz ROM/CF-Root Kernel of the Touchwiz based Custom ROM I wanted to Use (This was LQ2 as I wanted to use Goatrip 2.1).
I then flashed Goatrip 2.1 LQ2 via Recovery and was using that between June and Begining of September.
When I decided to update to PA JB (initially flashed Imilkas port) I just did a full wipe and then flashed the ROM/GAPPS and rebooted.

I think I may have tied a couple of other ROM's out, but before I ever flashed a new Touchwhiz Custom ROM I always flashed the full corresponding base ROM/CF-Root kernel via mobile odin before flashing the ROM.

Some will say you don't need to do this, and I'm not saying you do, I was just under the mentality that to avoid any issues if I flash the stock base ROM first via Mobile Odin it could help prevent issues further down the line.

you may have notice when flashing a stock ROM via mobile odin there is a "hidden" partition, I always felt that if you just flashed a newer version over the top of an older version via recovery you may miss something that was in the stock ROM.

I hope that makes sense
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Higgsy Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 12:42 PM |#844  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
ParanoidAndroid 2.13

pa_n7000-2.13-18SEP2012-122802-Utacka.zip uploaded

What is project LARD ?

Project LARD is a implementation of newer, pure JellyBean samsung drivers for the following

- Mali GPU
- EGL drivers
- GLES drivers

They are simply kanged from the Note2 system dump with no other changes. Its not quite Butter, its LARD.

When updating always make a copy of your /etc/paranoid/properties.conf before flashing, just in case. If restore dont work push this after flashing, restore permission and reboot.

Changelog since previous nightly - CM10 team changes:

Camera: Fix issue with restore default camera parameters
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 10:44:44 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_CAMERA
libstagefright: LPA: Fix for delay in stopping LPA playback
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 10:37:38 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_AV
Merge "New App Icon featuring Cid" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 09:17:24 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_TREBUCHET
Merge "Fix incall touch UI" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:55:43 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_PHONE
Merge "Camera : handle long press on VOL +/- to zoom IN/OUT" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:52:34 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_CAMERA
Ported: Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) from CM9
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:45:35 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_MMS
Merge "Ported: Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) from CM9" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:44:23 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_BASE
Merge "AudioFlinger: Fix compile with enabled debug flag." into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:38:42 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_AV
Merge "Settings: Adjust available options based on screen lock picked" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:36:46 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_SETTINGS
Merge "fix for a typo in the comments of 50-cm.sh" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:18:41 IN ANDROID_VENDOR_CM
fix crash on Input method settings
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:17:57 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_SETTINGS
Merge "es_ES: Clean up Advanced settings strings" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:16:43 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_PHONE
Merge "Settings: Fix IME selector not updating when you enter IME settings" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:06:55 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_SETTINGS
Merge "Fixed slider shortcuts message background color in landscape" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 08:03:00 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_SETTINGS
PowerWidget: Make widgets stationary like everything else in the tray
MERGED ON SEP 18TH AT 02:18:10 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_BASE
DeskClock: Fix pending bugs
MERGED ON SEP 17TH AT 21:39:51 IN ANDROID_PACKAGES_APPS_DESKCLOCK
build: Add "aospremote" command
MERGED ON SEP 17TH AT 20:33:18 IN ANDROID_BUILD
Merge "sensors: dummy ls: set unique handle" into jellybean
MERGED ON SEP 17TH AT 18:08:26 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_BASE
sensors: dummy ls: set unique handle
MERGED ON SEP 17TH AT 16:32:58 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_BASE
AudioFlinger: Fix compile with enabled debug flag.
MERGED ON SEP 17TH AT 13:53:01 IN ANDROID_FRAMEWORKS_AV
$ CM 10 changes
$ PA changes
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Utacka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Utacka Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 12:58 PM |#845  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgsy

I have never had network disconnects on PA JB, on any version, but have always had the LPT modem since the start. Currently:

Utacka's 17/09 build + kernel.
LPT modem

I also had no disconnnect issues when I was using hydracore 4.3b.

It may also be useful for you to know the route I took to get to here.

initially flashed GB KJ1 via PC odin and used chainfires CF-Root tool to gain root etc (as per Dr Ketans guide).
I was then running Chracks GB ROM V13 before I upgraded to ICS.
On upgrading to ICS I made a boo boo when I was drunk so had to do the initial KJ1 step above.
I then used mobile odin to flash the corresponding stock ICS Touchwiz ROM/CF-Root Kernel of the Touchwiz based Custom ROM I wanted to Use (This was LQ2 as I wanted to use Goatrip 2.1).
I then flashed Goatrip 2.1 LQ2 via Recovery and was using that between June and Begining of September.
When I decided to update to PA JB (initially flashed Imilkas port) I just did a full wipe and then flashed the ROM/GAPPS and rebooted.

I think I may have tied a couple of other ROM's out, but before I ever flashed a new Touchwhiz Custom ROM I always flashed the full corresponding base ROM/CF-Root kernel via mobile odin before flashing the ROM.

Some will say you don't need to do this, and I'm not saying you do, I was just under the mentality that to avoid any issues if I flash the stock base ROM first via Mobile Odin it could help prevent issues further down the line.

you may have notice when flashing a stock ROM via mobile odin there is a "hidden" partition, I always felt that if you just flashed a newer version over the top of an older version via recovery you may miss something that was in the stock ROM.

I hope that makes sense

Thanks for that huge flash-story I will consider this in future times... as for now, I flashed LR1-Modem and have no disconnect sind 1,5h ^^
We'll see, maybe I found my best baseband. And I think I won't flash the recent build from 30 min. ago, I first have to try the new modem
18th September 2012, 01:13 PM |#846  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Auto update CWM paranoid config restore file
I have made a little addon for Paranoid. Its a small zip file http://mjr.org/isnp9qh232378/pa-conf.zip which you just need to put in /storage/sdcard1/0/pa_conf.zip - and then flash with CWM.

From then on, everytime you reboot, the pa_conf.zip file itself will get updated with the config files in /system/etc/paranoid - so that when you flash a new release of PA, you can then also flash pa_conf.zip and get your paranoid configs reinstated immediately.

NB - I always put CWM zips in /extSdCard/0 (/storage/sdcard1/0) because that is the easiest directory to get to in CWM - just click,click...

So quick summary:
To install
  • Make directory /storage/sdcard1/0
  • Copy the pa_conf.zip linked above to that directory
  • Reboot to recovery and install pa_conf.zip
  • Reboot (pa_conf.zip will get updated to contain your PA config as the phone boots)

To reinstall after flashing PA
  • After flashing pa_n7000-*, also flash pa_conf.zip
  • Reboot. Job done.

PS - this also gives you a zip binary in /system/xbin....

UPDATE: I have rebuilt the zip as pa_conf.zip and changed the notes above. If you already downloaded pa-conf.zip, it will work fine but that naming is annoying because the main PA files are pa_n7000.... not pa-n7000... so you may want to delete it and fetch/install the new one. That's the only change so you can ignore it if you like.

UPDATE 20120919 : A small omission meant that this would not work properly from a fresh install - please update if you've already downloaded this before 2234BST (this email) tonight.

UPDATE 2012-09-24 - As requested - I have made this work with either /storage/sdcard1/0 or /storage/sdcard0/0 - so if you dont have a micro-sd card, you can still use it.

Remember - this keeps backing up your PA configs after every reboot - you dont have to remember to back them up.
Restoring your config is as simple as flashing PA itself - just much quicker.... and you can do it after flashing PA and with your Kernel of choice, LARD and SuperSU.

Update 2012-09-27 - The last update introduced a bug that meant this would not work at all. Sorry I did it in a hurry...
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to phedders For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phedders Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 01:14 PM |#847  
Flag Smethvegas
Thanks Meter: 651

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanF18

Thanks for that huge flash-story I will consider this in future times... as for now, I flashed LR1-Modem and have no disconnect sind 1,5h ^^
We'll see, maybe I found my best baseband. And I think I won't flash the recent build from 30 min. ago, I first have to try the new modem

wouldn't suprise me if different modems worked better for different users. hopefully it continues to work well for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgsy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Higgsy Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 01:35 PM |#848  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgsy

Wall of text :

Dont think it has anything to do with the way you got here. I have used 6 other custom roms on my note and this is the first rom where i have network disconnects. There is something weird causing this for sure. The only kernel that did not give me disconnects was the old 0727 kernel.

Im not too bothered by it tho as i can always flash the older kernel if i feel like it.
18th September 2012, 02:15 PM |#849  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Utacka - would be helpful if you could name the releases instead of

pa_n7000-2.13-18SEP2012-122802-Utacka.zip

as

pa_n7000-2.13-20120918-122802-Utacka.zip

Because then they will be sorted in date order by default. (of course you wont notice a difference... until October.) Thanks.
18th September 2012, 02:24 PM |#850  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phedders

Utacka - would be helpful if you could name the releases instead of

pa_n7000-2.13-18SEP2012-122802-Utacka.zip

as

pa_n7000-2.13-20120918-122802-Utacka.zip

Because then they will be sorted in date order by default. (of course you wont notice a difference... until October.) Thanks.

Why don't you just rename the zip after the download. Since you care so much about these things

Btw, that is the default name of the zip after a new build. He just added his nick inside so that you can differentiate between his and imilka's.

He got better things to do like tweaks, rather than just having a beautiful zip file name which anyone can just rename themselves

Sent from my GT-N7000
18th September 2012, 02:59 PM |#851  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Stockholm

Donate to Me
More
is it only me or is 18 sep build free from disconnect? or am I talking to fast again? Maybe LPT modem....? Ah well waiting for another "I got disconnected"

Skickat från min GT-N7000 via Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Utacka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Utacka Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)