Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 05:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedfordshire
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

I couldn't see it, but does it feature a smart cover? AKA magnets? Look nice though.

I don't think it does but you could probably add it yourself.

20th September 2012, 12:41 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedfordshire

More
Bump, review is up on the first page.
20th September 2012, 01:15 PM |#13  
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200

Donate to Me
More
thanks very much for the review. It looks like the case I have been waiting for but looks like it does not have the wake/sleep function so I will still wait a bit longer.
20th September 2012, 01:18 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedfordshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

thanks very much for the review. It looks like the case I have been waiting for but looks like it does not have the wake/sleep function so I will still wait a bit longer.

No problem, glad to help.

I don't think it does unfortunately but my device is charging atm so I haven't even tried. Tbh I think with a small enough magnet you could fit on yourself.

Or you can use the Proximity Sensor sleep applications.
20th September 2012, 03:12 PM |#15  
Flag Bülach
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooke

So I've just received the case today and here is my mini review. I apologise for the blurry photo's lol

First I will point out that I'm not sure whether it is real leather or not, it smells similar but is quite faint - I'd say that is isn't real. Either way I'm not fussed as it was £8.95 and it still looks and feels nice.

Thx for the rewiew & photos this case looks really great!
20th September 2012, 04:45 PM |#16  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
Good quicky review Looks decent!
20th September 2012, 06:38 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedfordshire

More
Quote:

Good quicky review Looks decent!

Thank you! It's a very nice case!

Quote:

I couldn't see it, but does it feature a smart cover? AKA magnets? Look nice though.

I can confirm that it does indeed have the magnet sleep function! I have just been able to test it as my Nexus 7 was charging.

It does not turn the tablet off when you flip the front cover around to the back either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

As I said above, this does have the sleep function!
The Following User Says Thank You to spooke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spooke Ad-Free
21st September 2012, 01:37 AM |#18  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooke

Thank you! It's a very nice case!

I can confirm that it does indeed have the magnet sleep function! I have just been able to test it as my Nexus 7 was charging.

It does not turn the tablet off when you flip the front cover around to the back either!

As I said above, this does have the sleep function!

Thank you so much for updating, another question though, it looks like it does not have any ridge on the flap to stop the case from slipping when using it as stand just like this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-LEAT...item2ec1b902a8

Can you please confirm that it does not slip when you put the tablet in landscape orientation... cheers bud
21st September 2012, 01:52 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedfordshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

Thank you so much for updating, another question though, it looks like it does not have any ridge on the flap to stop the case from slipping when using it as stand just like this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-LEAT...item2ec1b902a8

Can you please confirm that it does not slip when you put the tablet in landscape orientation... cheers bud

Yeah it doesn't have a ridge, it depends how you place the tablet. If you are using it on a flat surface and you are not moving the tablet then it will stay in place. However if you start moving around the tablet will slowly start to slide until it comes off the front flap and stops.

It can stay in place well if you don't move around much if you are resting it on your legs though.
The Following User Says Thank You to spooke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spooke Ad-Free
21st September 2012, 02:25 AM |#20  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
thanks, i ordered the brown one anyway
24th September 2012, 11:42 AM |#21  
Flag Undershire

Donate to Me
More
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I have received my case, it looks very nice and neat BUT.... it puts the Nexus to sleep when folding the flap to the back... uploading video now and will post it here.

I have started a new thread with the video here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post31947249
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)