FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GT-S6802]All Discussion for Ace Duos (GSM+GSM)

5,018 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,237

Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 01:17 PM |#81  
Flag Gandhinagar
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Post Hey mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulheart17

hey i saw this thread sga duos s6802 rooting and cwm
if you scroll down there are two ways to install cwm one is by odin and second is the flasable zip that can be flash through stock recovery,
flashable zip is not working for me and as i am using tiny 7 odin doesn't recognized my phone

That was the post which is posted by me on DMF.. Moreover there is no rom still for flashing 6802; only rooting has been explored.

18th September 2012, 04:43 PM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp93

That was the post which is posted by me on DMF.. Moreover there is no rom still for flashing 6802; only rooting has been explored.

Tonight you will get a custom rom and modified cwm recovery for s8602. till then enjoy the screenshots i made by Samsung Galaxy S2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_175333.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	1336002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_195721.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	1336005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_200400.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	1336007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_200341.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	1336008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_201045.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1336015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_200509.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1336016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120918_200323.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	1336018  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsme12345 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsme12345 Ad-Free
18th September 2012, 05:12 PM |#83  
Flag Sonipat
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme12345

Tonight you will get a custom rom and modified cwm recovery for s8602. till then enjoy the screenshots i made by Samsung Galaxy S2.

Nice work mate.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using xda app-developers app
18th September 2012, 05:19 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
AWESOME MAN
18th September 2012, 11:02 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys how can i increase internal memory by splitting memory card into two partions .the first for media and the second added to internal memory ....my phone already rooted
.....i hope i can get your reply guys and thanx in advance

19th September 2012, 04:49 AM |#86  
Flag Kurukshetra
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Talking New theme for your ace duos
Hello to everyone

I m Glad to Show you my New theme for Ace Duos . .

I have made these files for my own custom rom ( for personal use )

Now i'm interesting in making Custom Rom For All . Anyone can contact me For Developing

ITs My Very First Reply or Post ..! Please Click Thanks If Liked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120919-082411.png
Views:	453
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1337541   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120919-082423.png
Views:	383
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	1337542   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120919-082448.png
Views:	367
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1337543   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120919-082517.png
Views:	338
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1337544  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aashish-kkhckr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aashish-kkhckr Ad-Free
19th September 2012, 02:19 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Yes man make a flashable zip for those themed files and share it, did you managed to power menu and toggles for rom.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Here i present you the custom rom for s8602
===================================

***************IMPORTANT******DO ON YOUR OWN RISK**********I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF DAMAGE OCCCURS OR SYSTEM BRICK**************WHO DARE THEY WIN*****************

#######PLEASE FOLLOW BELOW STEPS ACCURATELY ---- IF SOME THING GOES WRONG DONT BLAME YOURSELF AND OTHERS TOO ########

FIRST IMPORTANT THING TO INSTALL ANY CUSTOM ROM IS TO TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP....
OUR DEVICE S6802 DONT HAVE ANY OFFICAL CWM RECOVERY OR ANY OTHER RECOVERY WHICH SUPPORT IT TO DO SO...

MODED CWM RECOVERY WHICH I MADE DONT SUPPORT IT TOO AS THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THING WHICH LACKS IN MODED RECOVERY...

REASON FOR THAT IS RECOVERY TRIES TO FIND BOOT IMAGE BUT DUE TO SYSTEM AND SAMSUNG BOOT.IMG CANNOT BE FOUND... SO WHEN OUR
RECOVERY TRIES TO START NAND BACKUP IT FAILS IN FIRST STEP WHERE IT DONT FIND BOOT PATH. SO IT FAILS....

BUT NO WORRIES... GOOGLE ANDROID IS A PLACE WHERE WE GET ANY THING.. SO I FOUND A GOOD SOLUTION OF ONLINE ONANDROID BACKUP
CREATED BY " Ameer Dawood " THANQ FOR THIS GUY WHO MADE A LIFE SIMPLE FOR TAKING ONLINE BACKUP FOR MORE DETAILS PLS GO TO
THIS SITE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620255 AND DOWNLOAD V5.9 VERSION OF ONANDROID.

I HAVE INCLUDED THE ONANDROID V5.9 IN OUR CUSTOM ROM FOR LATER USE, BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME TO TAKE YOUR OWN SYSTEM BACKUP YOU
NEED TO DOWNLOAD IT AND PUT TO YOUR SD CARD AND OPEN TERMINAL OR ADB SHELL AND RUN IT BY GIVING BELOW STEP

--------------------------------------------------------------
After downloadING onandroid.zip to your PC extract it using winrar or zip and copy file onandroid which you will find the
system/bin path copy to your SD card of MOBILE

IN TERMINAL EMULATOR OF MOBILE OR IN ADB SHELL

$SU
#
#cd /sdcard/<path> where you copied "onandroid" script
#sh onandroid (hit enter) backup starts (NOTE) ONLY if it dont work then TYPE # ./onandroid
----------------------------------------------------------------

THE BACKUP CREATED BY "ONANDROID" IS COMPATABLE WITH THE MODDED CWM MADE.

This will be created in CWM format in clockworkmod/backup/dd-mm-yy format folder in which you can see what all it backed.
This backesup /data /system AND /ext-SD partition and can be restore via MoDDED CWM recovery which we have.

THIS COMPLETES OUR BACKUP PART FOR THE FIRST TIME.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND PART

HOW TO USE MODED CWM RECOVERY.

POWER OFF YOUR MOBILE USING POWER BUTTON AND WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE.

* ONCE VIBRATE IS DONE AND SCREEN IS BLACK WAIT FOR 5 SECONDS

PRESS 3 FINGERS ON MOBILE -- 1) UP VOLME ROCKER + 2)HOME BUTTON (CENTER ONE) ++++ 3) PRESS AND RELEASE ONLY POWER BUTTON WHEN IT VIBRATES

****DONT RELEASE OTHER TWO KEYS 1 & 2 SHOULD BE RELEASED WHEN YOU SEE STOCK RECOVERY...........**************
******##HERE OUR BASIC WORK START FOR MODED cwm RECOVERY##****************

ONCE YOU ARE AT STOCK RECOVERY, SELECT UPDATE FROM SD CARD IN STOCK RECOVERY (2ND OPTION)
IT WILL LOOK FOR INTERNAL SD CARD, SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COPIED **"MODDED_RECOVERY_S8602.ZIP"** TO INTERNAL SD CARD.
SELECT **MODDED_RECOVERY_S8602.ZIP** IT WILL GIVE ALL THE OPTIONS AS A OFFICAL RECOVERY.

ALL THINGS IN MODDED RECOVERY WORK, EXCEPT BACKUP AND REBOOT OPTION (TRY CAN BE GIVEN AS THEY DONT HARM ANY THING - BUT WHEN
YOU SLECT REBOOT IT WILL BE HUNG WITH RED SCREEN SO YOU NEED TO PRESS HOLD THE POWER KEY TILL IT VIBRATS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESTORE WORKS VERY WELL (BACKUP TAKEN USING **ONANDROID**) WILL BE VISBILE IN BACKUP & RESTORE -> RESTORE OPTION/ADVANCE
RESTORE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WOULD SAY BEFORE YOU INSTALL MY MODDED CUSTOM ROM YOU TRY TO RESTORE YOUR FIRST TIME TAKEN BACKUP USING ONNANDROID.

TO DO SO YOU NEED TO 1) GO TO MOUNT AND UMOUNT /SYSTEM & UMOUNT /DATA, FORMAT BOTH /SYSTEM AND /DATA AND TRY TO BOOT YOUR MOBILE IT SHOULD GET HUNG...AS WE HAVE FORMATED BOTH SYSTEM AND DATA.

NOW THAT SYSTEM IS NOT BOOTING SO TRY TO RESTORE BACK YOUR STOCK ROM. FIRST PRESS HOLD POWER KEY TO POWER OFF -> WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE AND LATER GO TO RECOVERY USING 3 FINGERS ON MOBILE AS GIVEN ABOVE AND THEN GO TO MODDED RECOVERY AND SELECT
BELOW.

ONCE DONE ABOVE STEP GO TO BACKUP/RESTORE AND SELECT -> RESTORE AND SELECT THE DATE, IT WILL RESTORE BACK YOUR STOCK ROM.

=====> *********** ITS NOT IMPORTANT TO DO ITS JUST TO GIVE TRY *********** <=============

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO INSTALL MY MODDED CUSTOM ROM DO THE BELOW STEPS.
__________________________________________________ _

1) POWER OFF AND WAIT TILL LAST VIBRATE

2) ONCE MOBILE IS OFF --> PRESS 3 FINGER KEYS TO BOOT TO STOCK RECOVERY AS GIVEN ABOVE AND SELECT UPDATE ZIP AND SELECT MOD_RECOVERY.ZIP AS DONE IN ABOVE STEP.

*******IMPORTANT THING IS YOU MAKE EXT PARTATION BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE CUSTOM ROM BY SELECTING PARTATION SD CARD******MAKE EXT PARTATION SIZE OF 512MB AND NEXT SWAP 0 AND REST FOR FAT FS....

3) GO TO MOUNT AND UMOUNT ALL THE /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD /CACHE AND FORMAT /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD /CACHE.

4) ONCE DONE ABOVE STEPS --> MOUNT /SYSTEM /DATA /EXT-SD

5) ONCE DONE ABOVE STEP -> COME BACK USING BACK KEY TO RECOVEY MAIN TAB AND SELECT INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD. IT WILL TAKE TO SUB MENU OF SDCARD WHERE YOU CAN SELECT EXTERNAL SD OR INTERNAL SD CARD WHERE YOU HAVE PLACED THE -> MODDED CUSTOM ROM ZIP FILE.

SELECT ZIP FROM SD CARD AND PRESS INSTALL AND SELECT YES OPTION AND WAIT TILL IT COMES BACK TO RECOVERY MAIN TAB.

6)TO REBOOT DONT USE REBOOT OPTION AS IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY SO YOU NEED TO GO TO ADVANCE TAB OF MODDED RECOVERY AND
SELECT REBOOT RECOVERY ONCE DONE IT WILL REBOOT TO STOCK RECOVERY FROM THERE YOU NEED TO SELECT REBOOT FIRST OPTION AND YOU ARE DONE.

WAIT TILL IT BOOTS AND DO THE SETTINGS... DONT HURRY AS IT TAKES SOME TIME TO BOOT ONCE BOOT IS DONE REBOOT YOUR DEVICE SO
FROM NEXT BOOT ONWARD THE MOBILE WILL BE WORKING FAST.RO

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
THANKS TO ameer1234567890 FOR ONLINE NANDROID BACKUP
THANKS FOR DSIXDA KITCHEN FOR MODDING ROM
THANKS TO UOT ONLINE KITCHEN TO MODDING FOR STATUS BAR AND REST OF THE ICONS
THANKS TO XDA FORUM WHERE IT IS GOOD PLACE FOR OUR MOBILES WHERE WE CAN LEARN AND DO MANY THING WITH ANY TYPE OF MOBILE DEVICE IN WORLD.
IF I MISSED ANY ONE WHO THINKS THAT SO AND SO MOD IS YOUR THEN I AM REALLY THANK FULL AS I DONT REMEMBER WHEN THE SITE OR NAME OF PERSON WHEN MODDING ROM I PICKED IT.
I TAKE NO OWNERSHIP OR ANY CREDIT TO THIS MODDED ROM AS I HAVE JUST PICKED FROM HERE AND THERE AND CUSTOMISIED FOR MY COUSINE MOBILE BUT AS THERE ARE NO CUSTOM ROM I AM SHARING IT.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote:

tonight you will get a custom rom and modified cwm recovery for s8602. Till then enjoy the screenshots i made by samsung galaxy s2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhckr

hello to everyone

I m glad to show you my new theme for ace duos . . :d

i have made these files for my own custom rom ( for personal use )

now i'm interesting in making custom rom for all . Anyone can contact me for developing

its my very first reply or post ..! Please click thanks if liked

Quote:

yes man make a flashable zip for those themed files and share it, did you managed to power menu and toggles for rom.

---------- post added at 01:04 pm ---------- previous post was at 12:57 pm ----------

here i present you the custom rom for s8602
===================================

***************important******do on your own risk**********i am not responsible if damage occcurs or system brick**************who dare they win*****************

#######please follow below steps accurately ---- if some thing goes wrong dont blame yourself and others too ########

first important thing to install any custom rom is to take a nandroid backup....
Our device s6802 dont have any offical cwm recovery or any other recovery which support it to do so...

Moded cwm recovery which i made dont support it too as this is the only one thing which lacks in moded recovery...

Reason for that is recovery tries to find boot image but due to system and samsung boot.img cannot be found... So when our
recovery tries to start nand backup it fails in first step where it dont find boot path. So it fails....

But no worries... Google android is a place where we get any thing.. So i found a good solution of online onandroid backup
created by " ameer dawood " thanq for this guy who made a life simple for taking online backup for more details pls go to
this site http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620255 and download v5.9 version of onandroid.

I have included the onandroid v5.9 in our custom rom for later use, but for the first time to take your own system backup you
need to download it and put to your sd card and open terminal or adb shell and run it by giving below step

--------------------------------------------------------------
after downloading onandroid.zip to your pc extract it using winrar or zip and copy file onandroid which you will find the
system/bin path copy to your sd card of mobile

in terminal emulator of mobile or in adb shell

$su
#
#cd /sdcard/<path> where you copied "onandroid" script
#sh onandroid (hit enter) backup starts (note) only if it dont work then type # ./onandroid
----------------------------------------------------------------

the backup created by "onandroid" is compatable with the modded cwm made.

This will be created in cwm format in clockworkmod/backup/dd-mm-yy format folder in which you can see what all it backed.
This backesup /data /system and /ext-sd partition and can be restore via modded cwm recovery which we have.

This completes our backup part for the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

second part

how to use moded cwm recovery.

Power off your mobile using power button and wait till last vibrate.

* once vibrate is done and screen is black wait for 5 seconds

press 3 fingers on mobile -- 1) up volme rocker + 2)home button (center one) ++++ 3) press and release only power button when it vibrates

****dont release other two keys 1 & 2 should be released when you see stock recovery...........**************
******##here our basic work start for moded cwm recovery##****************

once you are at stock recovery, select update from sd card in stock recovery (2nd option)
it will look for internal sd card, so make sure you have copied **"modded_recovery_s8602.zip"** to internal sd card.
Select **modded_recovery_s8602.zip** it will give all the options as a offical recovery.

All things in modded recovery work, except backup and reboot option (try can be given as they dont harm any thing - but when
you slect reboot it will be hung with red screen so you need to press hold the power key till it vibrats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
restore works very well (backup taken using **onandroid**) will be visbile in backup & restore -> restore option/advance
restore
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i would say before you install my modded custom rom you try to restore your first time taken backup using onnandroid.

To do so you need to 1) go to mount and umount /system & umount /data, format both /system and /data and try to boot your mobile it should get hung...as we have formated both system and data.

Now that system is not booting so try to restore back your stock rom. First press hold power key to power off -> wait till last vibrate and later go to recovery using 3 fingers on mobile as given above and then go to modded recovery and select
below.

Once done above step go to backup/restore and select -> restore and select the date, it will restore back your stock rom.

=====> *********** its not important to do its just to give try *********** <=============

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to install my modded custom rom do the below steps.
__________________________________________________ _

1) power off and wait till last vibrate

2) once mobile is off --> press 3 finger keys to boot to stock recovery as given above and select update zip and select mod_recovery.zip as done in above step.

*******important thing is you make ext partation before you install the custom rom by selecting partation sd card******make ext partation size of 512mb and next swap 0 and rest for fat fs....

3) go to mount and umount all the /system /data /ext-sd /cache and format /system /data /ext-sd /cache.

4) once done above steps --> mount /system /data /ext-sd

5) once done above step -> come back using back key to recovey main tab and select install zip from sd card. It will take to sub menu of sdcard where you can select external sd or internal sd card where you have placed the -> modded custom rom zip file.

Select zip from sd card and press install and select yes option and wait till it comes back to recovery main tab.

6)to reboot dont use reboot option as it will not work properly so you need to go to advance tab of modded recovery and
select reboot recovery once done it will reboot to stock recovery from there you need to select reboot first option and you are done.

Wait till it boots and do the settings... Dont hurry as it takes some time to boot once boot is done reboot your device so
from next boot onward the mobile will be working fast.ro

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
thanks to ameer1234567890 for online nandroid backup
thanks for dsixda kitchen for modding rom
thanks to uot online kitchen to modding for status bar and rest of the icons
thanks to xda forum where it is good place for our mobiles where we can learn and do many thing with any type of mobile device in world.
If i missed any one who thinks that so and so mod is your then i am really thank full as i dont remember when the site or name of person when modding rom i picked it.
I take no ownership or any credit to this modded rom as i have just picked from here and there and customisied for my cousine mobile but as there are no custom rom i am sharing it.

custom rom and cwm recovery for s6802:-

pre rooted so no need to worry for next time about rooting your devices.
Zipaligned all apks
deodex all files
modded cwm recovery works very welll
what works every thing.
Ext-sd supported via link2sd. Once you installed my modded custom rom pls install first link2sd app from market and then install your new apps so that you can save lot of space and device will be fast.
Onandroid v5.9 included

if not sure what you are doing pls ask first here and then proceed.
Links to download custom rom -- > http://www.mediafire.com/?1ngqr5m4z9p1vxp
Link to download custom mod CWM for s8602 --> http://www.mediafire.com/?rifiy8z0a7jisi0
Link to readme how to install custom mod cwm and rom --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8wvul7wbr89q8b7

Before install pls read.

I rewrite once again the important steps not to forget when installing.

1) modded cwm put in your internal sd card, reason our stock recovery recognizes only internal sd card. then only you will be able to use update zip from sdcard and select MODDED_RECOVERY_S6802.zip
2)Once you are in modded recovery see if all things are working fine except Backup/Reboot/mount USB, you can try Backup/Reboot/mount USB no harm you will see error.
3)Important first you do ext partation using modded cwm recovery before you start. recommended size (ext partation 512mb, swap 0 and rest for vfat)
4)Reboot using stock recovery and not from modded recovery, steps to follow to reboot from recovery -->1)go to advance tab of modded recovery and click reboot recovery this will take to Stock recovery from here select reboot.
5)Once you boot up to normal mode do a (ONANDROID) backup as given in above steps or else follow this link.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620255
6) copy GT-S6802_CUST_MOD_ROM_ITSME.zip to your sd card, no issue where you copy internal sd or external sd. (modded CWM will see both as per recovery menu)
7)shutdown phone using holding power key and wait till it vibrate.
8) once mobile is shutdown. press hold 3 buttons on mobile 1)up volume button +2) center home button + poweron (release only poweron button when your mobile vibrate and do not release other two keys till you see stock recovery.
9) in stock recovery select update zip from sd card and select MODDED_Recovery_S6802.zip.
10)in Modded stock recovery go to Mounts and storage and umount /system /data /cache and then using format in menu format /system /data /cache.
11) once format is done mount /system /data /sd-ext. (Donot skip this step before installing custom rom)
12) go back using soft back button or move the power up key 3 time till you see back menu activated then you will see go back menu button.
13)from select Install zip from sd card and it will take to you to sub menu where you can select GT-S6802_CUST_MOD_ROM_ITSME.zip . and then select install and you are ready to go.
14) once install completes go back using soft button back key and go to advanced tab and select reboot recovery. it will boot to stock recovery and from stock recovery select reboot.

you are done wait till it boots and booting for first time may take around 5 minutes... first time boot may be laggy and slow so wait till every ting settels down and do all the setup wizard complets. setup wizard may fail for first time for some mobiles dont worry select the wizard again. and you wil be done. once done power off your mobile and boot normall as you power on and second boot will be very fast.

once you are done with second reboot dont not install any apps - install link2sd app from market and select the ext2 partation which you created before installing this custom rom. and reboot mobile. once mobile is up open link2sd app and in settings select next time all the files should move to sd ext card. and you are done.

pls let me know if you face any issue.

If some one wants to develop and modify the existing rom you can go ahead and proceed.
I am looking some one can mod 14toggles and power menu to it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsme12345 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsme12345 Ad-Free
19th September 2012, 04:46 PM |#88  
Flag Mahalingpur
Thanks Meter: 12

More
onandroid is not working when script is executed it showed the following:

##########################################
Online Nandroid Backup v5.9
* A tool to perform a nandroid backup
without booting into recovery.
* It is fully compatible with nandroid.
* Type 'onandroid --help' for usage
instructions.
* Created by Ameer Dawood

[: not found
15:42:49 Checking for root permissions...
15:42:49 Could not acquire root permissions! Exiting...
#
What to do?
19th September 2012, 05:06 PM |#89  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
it works i had backup up of 672mb
19th September 2012, 05:24 PM |#90  
Flag Sonipat
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidlover879

onandroid is not working when script is executed it showed the following:

Online Nandroid Backup v5.9
* A tool to perform a nandroid backup
without booting into recovery.
* It is fully compatible with nandroid.
* Type 'onandroid --help' for usage
instructions.
* Created by Ameer Dawood

15:42:49 Checking for root permissions...
15:42:49 Could not acquire root permissions! Exiting...
#
What to do?

It seems it require root access to make backup. Root first and then try.

19th September 2012, 05:25 PM |#91  
Flag Kurukshetra
Thanks Meter: 885

More
FOR OoSM THEME FOR YOUR ACE DUOS
FOR OoSM THEME FOR YOUR ACE DUOS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post31758036
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)