FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Which version of Salty Bean runs the best for you?

Devil
 
24 Vote(s)
58.54%
Semaphore
 
17 Vote(s)
41.46%

[Rom][4.2.2]Rootbox Salty Bean SE - Updated 03/14/13[Final]

1,171 posts
Thanks Meter: 811
 
By dave71670, Senior Member on 18th September 2012, 07:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 11:16 PM |#21  
dave71670's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Wausau
Thanks Meter: 811
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckd610

The speed of this ROM should be illegal! This thing flies like nobody's business! Great job Dave!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

BTW, what does "Enable Traces" do in developer options?

I am probably wrong but I believe it is intended to monitor voltage usage for development purposes. I have never used personally.
 
 
19th September 2012, 02:43 AM |#22  
Member
Flag Madisonville
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I don't think anyone got smart with you. If you really need to be spoonfed more than what is posted then please feel free to drive thru..

It is beyond me how anyone has the nerve to disrespect devs who take time from their family and daily lives to give us something free... and you still feel the need to complain about it.

Anyway. Smooth sailing, no problems so far. Love the aokp customizations. Thanks again Dave.

Sent from my Apple banned SGH-I897.
19th September 2012, 02:49 AM |#23  
ken-droid's Avatar
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
So since MIUI is pretty much dead, I thought I'd give this a shot.

Holy.
Crap.

Thanks to you, and thanks to everyone else you mentioned in your credits, I will squeeze out my remaining months on the Captivate with style! You guys are the best!

Still can't believe how fast this is. :>
19th September 2012, 04:03 AM |#24  
m1batt1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 456
 
More
I have barely got this thing booted up the first time and you're already making my day! The one thing I've been looking for in every other JB rom is the fast charge toggle and you my friend put it in your rom! To clarify I mean the fast charge toggle in the notification bar!

Other than that the only thing I can say so far is people prone to seizures could have problems with the boot animation but I liked it. I'll update this post as I can dig deeper.

Update: So far this is absolutely beautiful! Being based off helly, it was so much easier to get back where I wanted because my nandroid backup would actually take. Like I said before the fast charge toggle is a big +1 and I also like the ability to change DPI from the rom control settings. I also like the theming all around. But other than putting a pink hat in my notification bar what is the swagger toggle?

Now for a question that isn't specific but since I'm thinking about it I'll ask. Why do I need devil config app, NS Tools, and an option in settings to change all the different kernel configurations?
19th September 2012, 04:09 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 457
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

Ummm Nahh. Don't get smart with me because youre too lazy to type an initial OP worth a damn. "Hey, here's a rom. You figure it out."

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium HD app

You are a lazy person, if you can't figure out a rom and don't know what to do you shouldn't be in the development forum you should be at att asking to update from your 2.2 to KK4. You can try to insult me all you want, I personally don't give a flying crap what people like you say. Respect the op, he did this for free and spent his own time.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cbalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cbalt Ad-Free
19th September 2012, 05:20 AM |#26  
LaZiEebOi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
So got this ROM running and man is it smooth .. I wanted to install the removed aokp file but for some reason am not able to.. through recovery or file manager .. but no worries great ROM :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
19th September 2012, 05:23 AM |#27  
m1batt1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 456
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZiEebOi

So got this ROM running and man is it smooth .. I wanted to install the removed aokp file but for some reason am not able to.. through recovery or file manager .. but no worries great ROM :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Are you trying to install everything or something in particular?
19th September 2012, 08:33 AM |#28  
LaZiEebOi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1batt1

Are you trying to install everything or something in particular?

Everything

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
19th September 2012, 10:37 AM |#29  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
i really like this rom, it's very smooth and fast, AOKP have many option than another rom and this rom have datadata (i like so much) ... but it have many bug : this rom can't connect to my Desktop anyway (sd card don't mount), i try to change another kernel and i have boot loop to recovery ... maybe i will comeback to ICS Rom
19th September 2012, 11:34 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3681

Ummm Nahh. Don't get smart with me because youre too lazy to type an initial OP worth a damn. "Hey, here's a rom. You figure it out."

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium HD app

Im getting tired of people like joe3681 and Bozolini that because they have a bad day came here to insult people because they dont have in front of them. Its easy behind a screen.
19th September 2012, 11:57 AM |#31  
m1batt1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 456
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZiEebOi

Everything

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

The zip that contains everything isn't flash able so you can't do anything from recovery. You'll have to extract everything to your SD and then use a file manager to manually place the apks into the /system/app/ folder. Whatever file manager you use will have to be able to remount the system to rw. Also you might have to fix permissions on whatever you put in there and doing that through recovery may or may not work.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to m1batt1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1batt1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes