By reverendkjr, Senior Member on 17th September 2012, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 11:21 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayper

It's awesome that all your hard work is now supporting an entirely new group of people! Thanks!

I have just put the finishing touches on an automated version of this for those not so technical. I shall upload it to the kindle fire forum. To the OP, feel free to make a video with the new tool once I have posted it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sparkym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sparkym3 Ad-Free

18th September 2012, 11:37 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 851

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

I have just put the finishing touches on an automated version of this for those not so technical. I shall upload it to the kindle fire forum. To the OP, feel free to make a video with the new tool once I have posted it.

Sounds great. I'll make a video using your tool, and then I'll just post it along with my long hand version.

Thanks for the continuing efforts. The community appreciates it!
18th September 2012, 11:44 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark930

Does instant video still work with root?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone check on this yet?
19th September 2012, 12:08 AM |#34  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendkjr

Sounds great. I'll make a video using your tool, and then I'll just post it along with my long hand version.

Thanks for the continuing efforts. The community appreciates it!

Here is the tool I promised, I have linked your this OP for reference to your videos.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31730134

EDIT: Since I do not have a kindle fire, would somebody let me know what ROM version this works on so that I may post it.
19th September 2012, 03:26 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
its standard 4.0 rooted!
19th September 2012, 05:04 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweitzel24

Anyone check on this yet?

Can't confirm myself, but it looks like it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=17
19th September 2012, 06:13 PM |#37  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nari

its standard 4.0 rooted!

I was referencing the Kindle's ROM version as opposed to what version of android it is built on. This should be something like v7.1.5 which is the latest version that I see on the amazon update site.
19th September 2012, 11:02 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

I was referencing the Kindle's ROM version as opposed to what version of android it is built on. This should be something like v7.1.5 which is the latest version that I see on the amazon update site.

It's currently (as of today) version: 7.1.5_user_1534720
19th September 2012, 11:31 PM |#39  
Mount Laurel, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wifi Broken After Root
Hey Guys,

I successfully rooted my Kindle Fire HD using the tools found in this thread, then successfully installed Google services and the Play Store. Worked fine for about an hour, then I noticed I no longer had a WIFI connection. I went to Settings and saw that WIFI was turned OFF and that it could not be turned back on. Shut down for a couple of hours to let the WIFI radio cool off, but had no luck when I turned the Kindle back on.

So I did a factory reset on the device. Now I have no WIFI and can't even set up the device with my profile since there's no internet access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Allen F.
20th September 2012, 01:45 AM |#40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 851

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenfrisch

Hey Guys,

I successfully rooted my Kindle Fire HD using the tools found in this thread, then successfully installed Google services and the Play Store. Worked fine for about an hour, then I noticed I no longer had a WIFI connection. I went to Settings and saw that WIFI was turned OFF and that it could not be turned back on. Shut down for a couple of hours to let the WIFI radio cool off, but had no luck when I turned the Kindle back on.

So I did a factory reset on the device. Now I have no WIFI and can't even set up the device with my profile since there's no internet access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Allen F.

I warned folks not to mess with this stuff without the ability to backup. I hope you find a way to resolve this.
20th September 2012, 02:17 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I restore mine so I don't have my kindle rooted I'm going to wait a bit for my beginner ass messes with this unstable stuff ATM ill wait for backups
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)