13th September 2012, 06:11 PM |#131  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooden

Strange though the old version didn't have problems. Basic

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk 2

Changed text size to small-100% and program looks normal now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1323925  

13th September 2012, 06:12 PM |#132  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 436

More
Strange though the old version didn't have problems. Basic form didn't change. I think the DevEx (DX) components are a newer version. Maybe you could try the new version with DevEx DLLs from 0.9.9?
13th September 2012, 09:01 PM |#133  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB

Not sure if this would be causing the issue, but I have the Text Size setting in Windows 7 set to Medium - 125%. I have seen this cause problems in another app I use here at work. If I have time I'll see if changing it to 100% fixes the issue (requires me to log off so I haven't tried yet). FWIW, version 0.9.9 is displaying properly still.

Issue fixed. Was just one line to remove, set the maximum size to absolute value, preventing windows from scaling properly.

I have replaced the MSI and ZIP, it's still v1.0.0, but it's possible to install the MSI over the previous v1.0.0.
13th September 2012, 10:02 PM |#134  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Not sure if you want to add it, but I created an HTC EVO 4G LTE image for simulation mode back when I first started using this app.

"HTC Evo 4G LTE" added to downloads. Couldn't use your upload, it was resized by the forum, but found a hires image.

Also one more device added... couldn't resist
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3C by P_C (HTC Evo 4G LTE).jpg
Views:	309
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1324404   Click image for larger version

Name:	3C by P_C (iPhone 5).jpg
Views:	298
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1324405  
The Following User Says Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
19th September 2012, 07:11 AM |#135  
OP Senior Member

More
Version 1.0.1, "Brightness to Alpha"
I was not too pleased with the results of "Levels and Gamma". I wanted to have some sort of ICS-like looking icons, but even level-compressed greyscaled icons didn't fit properly enough.

Playing with Paint.NET it seemed I needed to get icons consisting of only ONE SINGLE color (white that is). So the solution was to turn the icons' brightness levels into alpha (transparency) levels. Wasn't much work, so I added that functionality.

Compare the results yourselves, especially focus your eyes on how "Facebook", "Amazon", "DI Radio" or "Google Maps". Much better, isn't it?

Old way using greyscale and Level/Gamma adjustments:

New way with additionally applied

You can choose the color to use and wether to use each pixel's grey level and/or brightness. Think it's the same? It's not! For example a plain red (#ff0000) has a brightness of 100%, but the grey level (weighted additing of Red, Green and Blue parts) is only about 29%. So using only the one or the other value creates quite different results (well, if you checked "greyscale", it's the same, but otherwise it ain't). If you want to use both values simultaniously, you can choose how those are factorized (Average, Multiply, Min or Max).

Enough science-talk, just try for yourself
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ICS'd_App_Icons_(OLD)_24.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1337633   Click image for larger version

Name:	ICS'd_App_Icons_(NEW)_24.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1337634   Click image for larger version

Name:	17__ISBv101_BrightnessToAlpha.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1337637  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
20th September 2012, 01:25 AM |#136  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 4,220

Donate to Me
More
Could this, at some stage work on an android tab?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium
20th September 2012, 01:50 AM |#137  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mloc33

Could this, at some stage work on an android tab?

You mean not having to run the tool on PC but directly on Android? I don't think so, sorry.

It's programmed in .NET (C#) and though I guess porting the essential routines (effects etc) to Android (Java) it would required a complete re-write to create the UI and so on.

I personally do not have the knowledge to do so. Also the code by now is somewhat around 10000 lines of code.
The Following User Says Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
20th September 2012, 02:15 AM |#138  
Flag Kildare
Thanks Meter: 4,220

Donate to Me
More
It would be handy if it where to work on a tab, I rarely use my old laptop, cheers anyways.

22nd September 2012, 11:37 PM |#139  
Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 162

More
awesome thread
Thanks for posting this great program. Really makes things so easy.
24th September 2012, 08:29 PM |#140  
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooden

Issue fixed. Was just one line to remove, set the maximum size to absolute value, preventing windows from scaling properly.

I have replaced the MSI and ZIP, it's still v1.0.0, but it's possible to install the MSI over the previous v1.0.0.

Haven't had much time to play with v1.0.1 (I don't think I had anytime on 1.0.0) but the anomalies are back for me, with my Windows global Text settings at 125% - Medium.

In this first picture, you'll see that I have no scrollbar to see the other icons in my list. I am able to scroll left/right using the arrow keys though. There's 4 rows of icons off the bottom that I can't see, but I can arrow down to them and see what they are in the preview windows.

Seeing some other weird behavior with the Text Icon stuff. Hard to explain. For one, Screen updates aren't occurring as I check or uncheck options (like wrap, shrink, 2-line layout). It will update if I go to the icons tab and click on another icon name. Another, with 2-line enabled and Shrink checked, it's not shrinking properly.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ISB Anomalies_1.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1351561   Click image for larger version

Name:	ISB Anomalies_2.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1351562   Click image for larger version

Name:	ICB Text Icons.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1351642  
The Following User Says Thank You to NachoB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NachoB Ad-Free
25th September 2012, 01:43 AM |#141  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for your report!

Quote:

Haven't had much time to play with v1.0.1 (I don't think I had anytime on 1.0.0) but the anomalies are back for me, with my Windows global Text settings at 125% - Medium.

Will take a look at the sizing issues. I think it's not easy to get all those fixed properly. Labels are autosizing, but it seems they are overlapping input controls. Others need better docking etc. Have too look if and how I might fix that properly.

Quote:

Seeing some other weird behavior with the Text Icon stuff. Hard to explain. For one, Screen updates aren't occurring as I check or uncheck options (like wrap, shrink, 2-line layout). It will update if I go to the icons tab and click on another icon name. Another, with 2-line enabled and Shrink checked, it's not shrinking properly.

Thanks!! Guess I missed attaching preview-update to some value-changed events.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrooden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vrooden Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)