[Q] LENOVO IdeaPad A2107A - i have a lot of questions !?

Search This thread
Nov 30, 2011
hello,

i bought the new lenovo ideapad a2107a in germany last week.

unfortunately there is no good support by lenovo until now.

i want to buy the original case shown on lenovo us website but can´t find it on web.

where can i buy it ???

another question is, i read about a build in fm-radio at the tablet, but i can´t find the way to switch it on.

can anybody help me ?

and i don´t understand why there are 2 sim slots for 3g / gsm. is there any telephon function too ?

i hope there is somebody who can help me ?

where can i find a manual and description which shows me all functions ?

thank you and best wishes

herbert

mmis

Feb 5, 2009
Hi...
I am also looking for that FM Radio but I couldn't find, tried one apk from the web but it doesn't work properly.
one more thing this tablet is able to make phone calls (check youtube) but mine has no phone icon, when I called Lenovo people, they've told that in my country (UAE) Lenovo doesn't have the license for that yet and they will get it once they launch their mobile phones, I tried a third party app it gave some license error.

for online user guide check: download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideatab_a2107a_ug/data/EN/index. H T M L

Synman

Recognized Developer
I have this phablet (purchased direct from China).

I have successfully read-back the ROM and am in the process of packaging it for backup purposes using the MTK flash tool.

Additionally I was able to flash a CWR based recovery using MTKdroidtools and successfully flashed gapps. Oddly enough Maps would not install and I had to sideload a recent copy of it. MTKdroidtools root facility also worked without issue.

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
I have this phablet (purchased direct from China).

I have successfully read-back the ROM and am in the process of packaging it for backup purposes using the MTK flash tool.

Additionally I was able to flash a CWR based recovery using MTKdroidtools and successfully flashed gapps. Oddly enough Maps would not install and I had to sideload a recent copy of it. MTKdroidtools root facility also worked without issue.

that's awesome news. I recently bought it myself and have been looking around for a root toolkit.

However, root isn't going to be much helpful without some roms, which i doubt will be available anytime soon.

Lenovo also isn't supporting this tablet so i doubt we'll be able to get past the 4.0 version

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

could you attach mtkdroidtools or the link to it?

Synman

Recognized Developer
MTK Droid Tools (can't remember where I found it)
http://www.shellware.com/projects/mtkdroidtools/MTKdroidTools_v228.zip

Here's the CWR variant I found that works (again, can't recall where I found it). Patch it in with MTKDroidTools and you can then safely apply unsigned updates such as gapps. Be sure to back up your stock ROM first. That way when you're done you can reapply Lenovo's recovery using the same procedure you followed for the CWR version.
http://www.shellware.com/projects/mtkdroidtools/recovery.rar

One oddity I've found is that BT and wifi crash if they're both on and active. AVRCP is also a little flakey but I can usually get it to work using the as built music.apk.

johnmilthon

Dec 24, 2012
update

Here's the CWR variant I found that works (again, can't recall where I found it). Patch it in with MTKDroidTools and you can then safely apply unsigned updates such as gapps. Be sure to back up your stock ROM first. That way when you're done you can reapply Lenovo's recovery using the same procedure you followed for the CWR version.

One oddity I've found is that BT and wifi crash if they're both on and active. AVRCP is also a little flakey but I can usually get it to work using the as built music.apk.[/QUOTE]

is there any update of the china version, i had a latin version from peru, android 4.04 and i flash it cause i wanted to use the tablet to make calls, but this china version has lots of china app, it doesn't have google services, could you please help me to update without thia app, or just return to the other version?, do you have another stock rom pleaseee???

Gmarshall75

Apr 18, 2013
Lenovo a2107a stock, headphones do not bypass speakers

I bought this tab a couple years ago for my wife to use as a reader. Lately she has been reading an ACTUAL BOOK and leaving the tablet at home. This week, while my kids were on winter break and monopolizing my laptop and other devices, I was using the tablet to watch netflix and stream movies from my WLAN. My youngest pointed out, mid Nightmare on Elm Street, that she could still hear the movie even though I had my headphones plugged in. It was then that I realized that the audio was continuing to play through the external speakers while also playing through the headphones. The rom is stock. I did install the MX player and codec to stream the mp4's, but I have not otherwise monkeyed around with the system.

I used a couple of different sets of wired headphones and tried netflix and youtube, and also manually setting the tablet to silent mode, but none of these things fixed the problem. It would seem to me as if there is a driver missing. I'd like to avoid a factory reset if at all possible, unless it would be a guaranteed fix.

This seems like the type of problem which someone with a moderate understanding of the droid os might be able to solve using just their own knowledge base. I'd appreciate any insights.

Greg

Last edited: