Search This thread

Li0nHeart

Dec 24, 2010
Used wifi tethering for almost an hour this morning on R8 while waiting for the swimming lesson to end. So works for me.

Has anyone has any luck with the native tethering? doesn't work for me and the 3 WiFi tethering apps I tried failed to start. clockwork mod usb tethering doesn't seem to work either for me.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
On R8. I guess battery life is not bad (4 month old HTC stock battery).

k3w1ao.png

Charged before sleeping, 6 hours 10% battery usage before I woke up the next day.

Sync is on for Google Tasks, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks. Twitter syncs every 4 hours (I follow 51 people). Running in the background is GTalk and Viber.

57% Voice calls, 27% display (Image).

1 hour 30 minutes voice calls (Image).

1 hours 24 minutes screen time (Image).

Seems to be awake a lot when screen is off. Please note there is a long 1:25 minute voice call before the battery went dead hence. That ate up about 33%, or so, of the battery.

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
I replaced mine after 15 months. Still considered "good" but seemed to be down to 70% of original life. By that time I am pretty sure it was past 500 charge cycles.

dezborders

@RB ... forgive me for asking but do you have (or want) a team of Testers prior to each release?

There seem to be some niggling issues (Camera FC, SD error in stock browser download etc) that seem to be fixed at some point then resurface a few versions later. I am sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to help test and debug. :)

zphantom1

Mar 21, 2010
Cassville, MO
@RB ... forgive me for asking but do you have (or want) a team of Testers prior to each release?

There seem to be some niggling issues (Camera FC, SD error in stock browser download etc) that seem to be fixed at some point then resurface a few versions later. I am sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to help test and debug. :)

Not to belittle your request, but IMO this entire thread is mainly used by 'testers' for each build. I do think that there are some guidelines that people should follow to reduce the repeated things on this thread, such as when you post a problem, ensure that you have installed after a full wipe, and state what version you are using. RB is cranking them out so fast it's hard to know what version a lot of people are running when they post these issues. More often than not the issue they post has been remedied in the newest release, although some persist, and some things break. Such is the development. Also there is an issue tracker that people seem to not utilize as often as it should. Also the OP as well as the changelog page should be referenced before asking if something works or not. In addition - read the thread. I'd say 99% of the 'bugs' listed have been posted, as well as possible solutions sometimes.

I apologize if I've stepped on toes, or offended anyone, but I feel that with the proper information provided to RB and any dev's that may be helping him, he will be able to work out the bugs and offer more customization.

dezborders

Not to belittle your request, but IMO this entire thread is mainly used by 'testers' for each build.

Hah I agree, although most of the ROM user didn't actually apply to be a tester. You made some valid points in your post but I do think RB could benefit from a small band of official testers so releases don't come out with massive problems like camera FC. Maybe the releases are coming out too quickly ? Less repeat problems between versions = less repeat posts about them.

Roberto_Lim

Jul 25, 2012
Not to belittle your request, but IMO this entire thread is mainly used by 'testers' for each build. I do think that there are some guidelines that people should follow to reduce the repeated things on this thread, such as when you post a problem, ensure that you have installed after a full wipe, and state what version you are using. RB is cranking them out so fast it's hard to know what version a lot of people are running when they post these issues. More often than not the issue they post has been remedied in the newest release, although some persist, and some things break. Such is the development. Also there is an issue tracker that people seem to not utilize as often as it should. Also the OP as well as the changelog page should be referenced before asking if something works or not. In addition - read the thread. I'd say 99% of the 'bugs' listed have been posted, as well as possible solutions sometimes.

I apologize if I've stepped on toes, or offended anyone, but I feel that with the proper information provided to RB and any dev's that may be helping him, he will be able to work out the bugs and offer more customization.

I have to agree, with other ROM's the Team spends a lot of time testing with a small group, with users complaining why the updates take a long time to release, and with many of us really wanting to get a chance to be Testers, but being left out of that elite circle. With this ROM updates, and even test kernels are made available really quickly, and all of us get to be Testers... I am new to this ROM, have not given any Dev appreciation for this ROM, and I feel privileged to be able to get what RB has available as soon as he has it.

Each Dev has their own approach, and no approach satisfies everyone.

Last edited:

Daimonion1980

Feb 13, 2009
Agree with dezborders.
RB needs some tester who are able to create a logcat and who knows a little about developing android roms so that they possibly can say where the problems come from.

@icytrey
Maybe thats the problem with camera FC. ;)
When i am opening Cam i see its window.

Edit

damac solved problem with missing camera.apk. :D

Reactions: davevo

raymand111

Jun 20, 2010
Hi,

Full clean install on R9, camera cannot communicate with Hardware error...

Randomblade must say the R9 is soooo smooth and fast, the fastest rom of all the releases and the one's i've ever used....

Im still using R9 since its butter smooth, randomblade pls realease a fix for this, should be an eye blink for u :)

Reactions: bunbury911

poopsmith777

Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

Full clean install on R9, camera cannot communicate with Hardware error...

Randomblade must say the R9 is soooo smooth and fast, the fastest rom of all the releases and the one's i've ever used....

Im still using R9 since its butter smooth, randomblade pls realease a fix for this, should be an eye blink for u :)

I still need to meet this infamous RandomBlade! Does anyone know who this elusive character is?

Raza Qadri

Jul 31, 2012
I still need to meet this infamous RandomBlade! Does anyone know who this elusive character is?

It's not a person It's a blade used by randomblame which can kill any bug just by one strike

If I helped you press thanks
If no then sorry

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Agree with dezborders.
RB needs some tester who are able to create a logcat and who knows a little about developing android roms so that they possibly can say where the problems come from.

@icytrey
Maybe thats the problem with camera FC. ;)
When i am opening Cam i see its window.

Edit

damac solved problem with missing camera.apk. :D

Can you upload camera.apk

If I helped you press thanks
If no then sorry

DPLOY

Mar 17, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
www.d-ploy.com
Try also to check what Radio/baseband Your on. the one in my signature is the latest. And You do not need to download RIL, as the RIL comes with the ROM.

Thanks Geko - I used bootloader. I tried a couple diff radios now.

I still can NOT get this ROM to boot - it just stays at the boot animation - I've let it try for 45 min yesterday. Last build I used was r7.x and r6 worked fine. I am wondering if it is the ICS I had that is to blame. So frustrating....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts