Stuck on Get PIT for mapping

Search This thread

Rooted_S3

Sep 19, 2012
I use odin3 v3.04

It hangs longer than 30 minutes... i pulled te cable and boot the phone en its still working norma

Put the phone in download mode and set odin but it still hangs.. for 5 minutes again

edit:

<ID:0/012> Added!!
<ID:0/012> Odin v.3 engine (ID:12)..
<ID:0/012> File analysis..
<ID:0/012> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/012> Initialzation..
<ID:0/012> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/012> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

To make sure this is what i do:

Enable usb debugging
Shut te phone down
Start Odin 3.04 or 1.85
Enter download mode and press volkey up
Connect usb to phone
Wait untill odin finds it
Select .pit file that you suggested
Select CF root 6.4 or 6.3 or 6.0 (even tried 5.5)
Unthick re-partition
Press start and sit back

Last edited:

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
I use odin3 v3.04

It hangs longer than 30 minutes... i pulled te cable and boot the phone en its still working norma

Put the phone in download mode and set odin but it still hangs.. for 5 minutes again

edit:

To make sure this is what i do:

Enable usb debugging
Shut te phone down
Start Odin 3.04 or 1.85
Enter download mode and press volkey up
Connect usb to phone
Wait untill odin finds it
Select .pit file that you suggested
Select CF root 6.4 or 6.3 or 6.0 (even tried 5.5)
Unthick re-partition
Press start and sit back

Your phone's partition layout is messed up but you will brick your device if you do what you described above. Luckily you unthicked repartition check box.

If Odin can't get pit from your phone it's mean that something is not right with partitions. You should use pit and repartition if nothing else work but you must know what you are doing.

You can use Odin's repartition option but only when flashing full stock firmware. And if you must to do this operation because of so called softbrick or faulty partition layout than I suggest repartitiining with 3 file stock firmware (separate files for pda, modem and csc) with correct .pit version.

If you have thicked repartition while flashing only pda and it's kernel only in this case not full Rom than you have got your answer why Odin refuses to flash your phone.

i9.0.1.3k galaxy imperator

Reactions: GaboBigale

Rooted_S3

Sep 19, 2012
Repartition has always been unthicked

Now, the phone is in dowload mode, put the correct .pit file in and thicked repartition...

Result:

<ID:0/012> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/012> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

URY9Y.png

Last edited:

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
It seems you are the only one who can't repartition his phone.

I'm sure that if you will do everything properly it will flash without any errors. I mean disabling all useless background processes like Kies, firewalls etc. Choosing full stock Rom as I described above. Changing USB port, data cable or even another computer. Installing different drivers... But everything is described in tutorials all you need is read them carefully.

But if this will not help you should reconsider service center in case of nand failure.

Rooted_S3

Sep 19, 2012

I'm sure that if you will do everything properly it will flash without any errors. I mean disabling all useless background processes like Kies, firewalls etc. Choosing full stock Rom as I described above. Changing USB port, data cable or even another computer. Installing different drivers... But everything is described in tutorials all you need is read them carefully.

But if this will not help you should reconsider service center in case of nand failure.

I will give it a try st my gf laptop, thats newer and better than the pc i'm on...

Kies is disabeld also kiestrayagent and kiespdlr

i shall turn off firewall, get the correct programs (that you reccomend) and try it again.

Keep you posted

Rooted_S3

Sep 19, 2012
guys, i'm gonna trow my pc out of the ****ing window

1st try with my gf laptop.. just cf root and it wass done in 2 secondes!

Odia

Jan 4, 2009
guys, i'm gonna trow my pc out of the ****ing window

Probably just a driver issue, uninstall Samsung USB Driver for mobile phones from control panel and re-install them.

If you have Kies installed, you can find the driver install package here:-

C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\USB Driver

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E

Dear SirKunon I believe I had sent u a private msg regarding a "Get PIT for mapping", but due to u being mighty busy. I am requesting u to give me an insight into what I need to do. I have an International Galaxy s3 in India, it is unlocked and I am running on stock rom (Indian Firmware), I have downloaded the mx.pit file posted a few pages back, can I also have the links for the 3 part Indian firmware or any firmware which can help me, to get my phone back in order... after that i can reflash back to an Indian stock firmware.... thank u in advance sir... if anybody else also can help i would really appreciate it

SirKunon

May 29, 2011
Dear SirKunon I believe I had sent u a private msg regarding a "Get PIT for mapping", but due to u being mighty busy. I am requesting u to give me an insight into what I need to do. I have an International Galaxy s3 in India, it is unlocked and I am running on stock rom (Indian Firmware), I have downloaded the mx.pit file posted a few pages back, can I also have the links for the 3 part Indian firmware or any firmware which can help me, to get my phone back in order... after that i can reflash back to an Indian stock firmware.... thank u in advance sir... if anybody else also can help i would really appreciate it

Sorry my friend, I didn't have time to search for proper 3-file firmware for You. I'm not familiar with your region firmwares (don;t know which CSC you are using, INU or INS) but this doesn't matter in this case. Because you are owner of international version, as you wrote above, you can flash any firmware dedicated to i9300. That's why I recommend European 4.0.4 version which I have tested myself with .pit you have downloaded previously (mx.pit from May).

Here you go: MULTIFILE I9300 FIRMWARE FOR REPARTITIONING PURPOSES.

It could resurrect phone with broken partition layout. After that you can flash any single file firmware you like and change CSC for your localization (factory reset could be necessary).

But before You start, can I ask why do you need it? What's wrong with your phone?

Last edited:

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
Sorry my friend, I didn't have time to search for proper 3-file firmware for You. I'm not familiar with your region firmwares (don;t know which CSC you are using, INU or INS) but this doesn't matter in this case. Because you are owner of international version, as you wrote above, you can flash any firmware dedicated to i9300. That's why I recommend European 4.0.4 version which I have tested myself with .pit you have downloaded previously (mx.pit from May).

Here you go: MULTIFILE I9300 FIRMWARE FOR REPARTITIONING PURPOSES.

It could resurrect phone with broken partition layout. After that you can flash any single file firmware you like and change CSC for your localization (factory reset could be necessary).

But before You start, can I ask why do you need it? What's wrong with your phone?

Thank u for replying, I was running a custom rom on my s3 and decided to go back to the stock version, as i was flashing using odin desktop version i noticed that the partition checkbox was ticked, so in a hurry and without giving it a second thought I just pulled out the usb cable....little did i realize what implications it would have, well...after some time i put the cable back and started to flash using odin again, and that's where it started to give me this pit error mapping :( oh by the way i was using the INU version

Top Liked Posts