FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUTORIAL] Root your Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200/P6210/SGH-T869 & Galaxy Tab 7.7 P800

212 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

Post Reply Email Thread
19th September 2012, 06:47 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Hi all,
I have brought 2 of these brand new 7.0's plus 150 a piece for my lads for xmas, yes i shop early, plus why buy the newer tab 2 lol.
I had issues with manual install of ics and eventually did update via usb cable.
Can someone confirm that MANUAL MODE is not DOWNLOAD MODE or RECOVERY MODE as when i press power and + button i get MANUAL mode.
This is confusing me as i am thinking i am doing something wrong.
Also will superoneclick root my tablets with updated ICS from samsung?
XBMC runs perfectly on them also.
Thank you
Pete

20th September 2012, 04:44 AM |#182  
Flag Metro Manila
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchundub

Hi all,
I have brought 2 of these brand new 7.0's plus 150 a piece for my lads for xmas, yes i shop early, plus why buy the newer tab 2 lol.
I had issues with manual install of ics and eventually did update via usb cable.
Can someone confirm that MANUAL MODE is not DOWNLOAD MODE or RECOVERY MODE as when i press power and + button i get MANUAL mode.
This is confusing me as i am thinking i am doing something wrong.
Also will superoneclick root my tablets with updated ICS from samsung?
XBMC runs perfectly on them also.
Thank you
Pete

How did you update using usb?..and yes u can get to download by pressing power plus volume down amd just follow the instruction using the guidebon the first post

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
20th September 2012, 07:26 AM |#183  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldjanr13

How did you update using usb?..and yes u can get to download by pressing power plus volume down amd just follow the instruction using the guidebon the first post

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

So it is pressing power plus volume down not volume up?
I installed kies, Tablets connect to pc via usb cable.
Shows up after drivers installed and i checked for firmware update.
Would not work at first as it was stuck on connecting, but eventually it did.
Then i got the message saying about a new firmware.
Took approx 5 minutes and ics running.
Pete
20th September 2012, 10:47 PM |#184  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksumortti

Flash these files attached (not my files, but I can't find the original post easily...).
Put the files on SD-card, flash CWM, and in CWM recovery use touch screen to navigate and flash the root zip.

Of course you can use permanent CWM too but I find this method easiest...

UPDATE FROM MY POST

I found exact way how to with the files miksu supplied in 2 links and now both my 6210's are rooted with ics official samsung.
Took 1 minute to do and here is exact how to for all other member's

Download these 2 files ( CWM.zip and root.zip ) and put them in your external SDCARD:

- Reboot to recovery by holding Volume Up then hold power till it reboots to recovery
- Choose apply update from external storage, using volume buttons to navigate.
- Choose CWM.zip and wait until CWM recovery appear.

The volume buttons don’t work for navigation at this moment so now use your fingers to scroll up and down and tap to execute.

- Choose install zip from sdcard.
- Choose zip from sdcard.
- Choose root.zip and scroll to Yes – Install root.zip.
- Once done, choose reboot system now.

Now it is rooted ans you will have Superuser on your tablet.
Can mods possibly put this as a separate how too to save others searching through many threads and enable them to doing this in less than 2 minutes as life is hard enough lol.
Best wishes
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wingchundub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wingchundub Ad-Free
21st September 2012, 07:09 PM |#185  
Flag Metro Manila
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingchundub

So it is pressing power plus volume down not volume up?

Pete

if you press volume up you it will get you to the recovery mode..when down to download mode
23rd September 2012, 06:32 AM |#186  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
so can someone confirm wether ics is rootable or not? if so, how to do that? i'm currently using p6200 and cant have root using the method shown on first page. thanks

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
23rd September 2012, 07:34 AM |#187  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafatih27

so can someone confirm wether ics is rootable or not? if so, how to do that? i'm currently using p6200 and cant have root using the method shown on first page. thanks

Yes, there is lot of info how to do it, and for example wingchundub's post just 2 posts up explains it.

Sent from my GT-P6210
The Following User Says Thank You to miksumortti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miksumortti Ad-Free
23rd September 2012, 08:44 AM |#188  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksumortti

Yes, there is lot of info how to do it, and for example wingchundub's post just 2 posts up explains it.

Sent from my GT-P6210

thanks man, i have found the similar way in another post. now working as root again

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to hafatih27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hafatih27 Ad-Free
23rd September 2012, 10:54 PM |#189  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It stayed rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafatih27

I was rooted before the ICS upgrade. The upgrade applied itself, and I was still rooted. I was amazed.
27th September 2012, 07:19 AM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys.

I need some technical help here. I have bought p6200 last week and rooted it.
But it seems something is wrong with my display - a stain appeared under the glass...

Since rooting a device voids the warranty is there something I can do to unroot my device? So the warranty won't be voided?

I've red that I have to delete some 3 files and then factory reset the device. Is that true/enough?

Please HELP!

UPDATE

I've followed the instructions on paxe 13 of this thread and removed the su, busybox and superuser files.
Didn't help. I still have a yellow triangle with "!" in recovery mode
27th September 2012, 08:18 PM |#191  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinio

Hi guys.

I need some technical help here. I have bought p6200 last week and rooted it.
But it seems something is wrong with my display - a stain appeared under the glass...

Since rooting a device voids the warranty is there something I can do to unroot my device? So the warranty won't be voided?

I've red that I have to delete some 3 files and then factory reset the device. Is that true/enough?

Please HELP!

UPDATE

I've followed the instructions on paxe 13 of this thread and removed the su, busybox and superuser files.
Didn't help. I still have a yellow triangle with "!" in recovery mode

First, Install RootExplorer and launch it

Go to system/bin, do mount as r/w

Find SU file and delete it

Restart The device

Do At Your Own Risk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)