[Q] No Android Project option in Eclipse with ADT Plugin.

Search This thread

lfnunley

Jul 2, 2012
Hi there XDA! I'm an experienced programmer and android user. I'm following a guide for creating the android project in eclipse from the android developer site, and I've followed every step up to creating the project, and the ADT plugin has been correctly installed and configured. The problem: Under the android tab in the new project wizard there is no option for android project. There are various other android options like Android Activity, Android Application Project, Android Icon Set, etc. Does anybody know how I can enable the option for Android Project? I attached a picture of the problem. Thank you!

L0rdWaffles

Jun 30, 2012
Orlando
You say it is correctly installed and configured, but that does not seem like the case.

Try starting fresh by going to the eclipse site and downloading the latest version of eclipse(Juno) classic. Then head to the android developers site and install the adt plugin from that guide. Point it to your sdk install; and you should the option to create an Android Application Project under Android in the New Project wizzard.

Reactions: lfnunley

lfnunley

Jul 2, 2012
You say it is correctly installed and configured, but that does not seem like the case.

Try starting fresh by going to the eclipse site and downloading the latest version of eclipse(Juno) classic. Then head to the android developers site and install the adt plugin from that guide. Point it to your sdk install; and you should the option to create an Android Application Project under Android in the New Project wizzard.

Thanks, but I already have completely uninstalled and reinstalled eclipse and the plugin from the site. It is also pointing to my SDK folder correctly. I've followed all of the advice for every thread I found related to this issue, but nothing seems to help.

lfnunley

Jul 2, 2012
I have also tried manually downloading and installing the plugin, and I still had the same problem...

serendipity24

Mar 1, 2011
Me too

Ifnumkey - you're not alone!

I had exactly the same problem, no 'Android Project'. Eclipse Juno coupled with the latest SDK/ADT has 'Android Application Project'. Hopefully the folks at StackOverFlow are right and they are one and the same thing. But its kind of unerving that the very first step isn't exactly as per the tutorial - I'm new to Android but not development and I kind of wonder if somewhere down the road I'l discover that there's some subtle but important difference between the two.

Google need to update their 'Creating an Android Project' tutorial or, in enterprise speak, modify the workflow so that they update the documentation BEFORE rolling out the changes!!

EDIT: Found this blog page which walks through the new screens in SDK Tools revision 20;

android-sdk-tools-revision-20-now.html (from android-er.blogspot.fr)

(Sorry can't post as proper link as I have under 10 posts :(

Last edited:

koohsar

Sep 10, 2010
Resolve Problem

Hi. Because you copy eclipse to unpermitted place so it's unable to run ADT installation successfully. so you most copy it to your User Folder or other drives like D: then install ADT Plugin.

ankjain1

Nov 23, 2012
Hi there XDA! I'm an experienced programmer and android user. I'm following a guide for creating the android project in eclipse from the android developer site, and I've followed every step up to creating the project, and the ADT plugin has been correctly installed and configured. The problem: Under the android tab in the new project wizard there is no option for android project. There are various other android options like Android Activity, Android Application Project, Android Icon Set, etc. Does anybody know how I can enable the option for Android Project? I attached a picture of the problem. Thank you!

Go to File>New>Project
a window will open then select android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use the Q&A Forum for questions &
    Read the Forum Rules Ref Posting
    Thanks
    Moving to Q&A