new OTA update

Search This thread

raulsue

Apr 22, 2012
i downloaded US_epad-user-10.4.2.13 updated today from asus... recovered root with voodoo ota...the tab is running smooth baby!

raulsue

Apr 22, 2012
Mine was applied using fastboot and using blob from the .13 zip..it did not wipe evry thing

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

ukdtweak

Aug 9, 2010
Ballyhalbert
So in preparation for this update, I restored the original build.prop, then defrosted all titanium frozen apps and rebooted.
Upon restarting it downloaded the update so have installed it and restored root with otarootkeeper :)

All good so far...

mickey878

Apr 6, 2012
The new update has made my device blazing fast...i was stupid enough not to backup my root though.the guide in the noob proof thread makes installing twrp and rooting a breeze!!!!! THANKS ALL..

sten_amund

Aug 26, 2012
Clock+camera issue

To people with clock problem, you may want to try a factory reset. Settings>Backup & reset> factory data reset. As long as you had backups checked, then your apps should reinstall when you sign into your Google account after it reboots.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium

Unfortunately, on my tablet the clock issue occured, strangely enough, after a factory reset (after having installed the OTA patch). It happens randomly. In addition, the "solid green/messed-up-exposure"-camera issue re-occured after this very same factory reset. I had the same camera issue immediately after the upgrade from ICS 4.0.4 to JB 4.1.1 too - a factory reset, however, resolved the issue at that time.

I have reported these issues to Asus Nordics, and they have granted RMA/warranty repair. I will report back when they return it whether they find this a hardware or firmware issue. I myself have no clue - they reported, though, at the Asus support center, that they have not had any similar "bug" reports.

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012
My tf300 failed to update because i forgot that i had forzen apps.
How do i update now? My tf300 only has root the bootloader is not unlocked.

Pureke

Aug 13, 2012
Hello,

tried updating 3 days ago, failed, checked logs, custom build.prop. Don't remember installing one on ICS but appears that I did, no biggy, restored original, rebooted but now it's been 3 days and I can't the tablet to find the ota update anymore.
I remember reading some tricks that ppl have had succes with in the past without wiping your data but I can't seem to find em anymore.

If I really have to I'll just manually flash it but I'd prefer to just let the OTA run.

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012
I have succesfully updated bit i lost root ;(
What do i need to do now i did backup root

Sorry for my bad English Sent From My TF300

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348252824897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348252824897.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 403

funnel71

Jan 24, 2011
I have succesfully updated bit i lost root ;(
What do i need to do now i did backup root

According to your screen you don't have root or a backup. You will have to unlock your bootloader, flash in recovery of your choice, and flash in root using recovery. Steps are in a guide in the general section.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

im roorted and pn the last jb update do i just back up my root then flash with twrp then restore root or will that make me lose root and my custom recovery??

If you're unlocked, flash the ROM you'll lose recovery and root but you can flash those items right back in. That's what I did,rather easy.

Reactions: robgee789

xSvenHD

Aug 19, 2012
Well i will wait than because i wanna keepcmy waranty.

FasterEd

Feb 22, 2011
My experience

After the OTA I've noticed two improvements:

1. Greatly improved batter life (it was excellent before, now it's amazing)
2. no more spontaneous and random reboots.

Ed

Rambytes

Jul 14, 2012
Montréal
I really don't know how to flash this blob from Asus web site... i've try to search on google and here, i really don't find how to flash this new BLOB... When i check manually if a update is available, the tablet tell me no... but the blob on the Asus website is newer, but how can I flash to the tablet?

I've try to copy in the root, reboot, check again... no succes. I've try to check in the TW recovery, no succes.

Really don't know what to do.

Thanks alot!

edit: Ok, try and error, i've figured out...

Last edited:

yaronyby

Jul 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Seems like i did a mistake and removed few of the asus pre installed apps.
As a result (?) i cannot install latest update and facing "signature mismatch" Error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Seahorse

I really don't know how to flash this blob from Asus web site... i've try to search on google and here, i really don't find how to flash this new BLOB... When i check manually if a update is available, the tablet tell me no... but the blob on the Asus website is newer, but how can I flash to the tablet?

I've try to copy in the root, reboot, check again... no succes. I've try to check in the TW recovery, no succes.

Really don't know what to do.

Thanks alot!

edit: Ok, try and error, i've figured out...

So, how did you do it then?

Hagarbau

Aug 4, 2012
Bought a white TF300T for my wife yesterday. It updated immediately on first powerup to the latest V10.4.2.13 OTA.
Absolutely NO problems so far. Everything just works – and it is very fast :)

Now I just need some JB for my own TF700 :crying:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    US OTA dlpkgfile

http://db.tt/9mXLI8JH

Here's a link to a copy of the US OTA dlpkgfile blob.

Got a an update today for my US tf300. It failed like it always does since I'm root and now I can't redownload or try to install again, like it always does.

So for the ones who get the ota, please upload the file! It should be in /Cache

It will be a few days before a full flash is out.

Want proof? I can show a screenshot but it doesn't say anything besides an update is out. I couldn't get the date in the screenshot. Just take my word for it.

Side note: clearing cache and data for the dm and cm client does not work if an ota fails at install. Stop telling people it does.
    Hi All,

Here is the dlpkgfile (WW Version) for the new update incase anyone wants it ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fhcpxp4l7f7ylf/dlpkgfile.zip

EDIT: I've just installed it and so far I'm impressed.
    Restored root easily, and everything seems a bit more stable.

Also, I don't have the clock problem that other people are mentioning.
    Don't really notice much difference

Yes, I also received the OTA update, right now. At the first sight, no difference. But using it you will see some improvements, I hope. I'm playing with it just half an hour, but I've noticed at least one change for good: the streaming internet TV works well again. I can see the motion picture in SPB TV app that broadcasted only voice after the first JB update.

But the MyLibrary remained buggy :( It shows the cover pages of the books, but when I open one, the app closes itself...

By the way, the update must be an incremental one (not full ROM), because it was downloaded very quickly, 1-2 minutes.

Anyway I'm glad that the repair OTA came quite soon! Let's try it heavily to see what changed and what not and gather our experience here!

Tibor
    Finding after JB update

Got the JB update OTA today. I'm on the ww-version, stock, not rooted.
    First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Got the JB update OTA today. I'm on the ww-version, stock, not rooted.
    First impression: smooth running - found bug, though. The clock showing in the down right corner is not updating correctly; updates once every 10-15 minutes. System clock is and lock screen clock are OK, so it's a sw issue with this update (at least on mine). It worked as it should before the update. Did a cold boot and factory reset routine, even though the factory reset should not be necessary.

Cheers

The clock issue is actually worse on my tablet than above described: the down right clock and the clock showing when opening the "dialogue box" are showing different times. The down right clock hasn't updated for 1/2 hr now and the clock within the "box" hasn't updated for an hour. To me this is a serious error - have reported it to Asus via their website.