(MOD)(BL1.2ROM-CM-10)SmOoTher_BeAn_4.1.2(G-tablet)(Updated 02/01/13)

Search This thread

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Just when you thought it couldn't get any Better. Then I give you Greatness​

Disclaimer
I do not take responsibility for anything that happens to your stuff
If you load this it is your responsibility to fix it if things go wrong
While Running this ROM you think "WOW this is just Fantastic" then Your Welcome
If your device runs away and gets Married to a Rock Star
then all I got to say is sorry that it is soooo SmOoTh :cyclops:

If you want to repost this onto another site
Please ask Permission to do so
or just post the link back to here
THANK YOU

For starters I am not a Developer, I am just a normal Guy with a Linux Machine and a Dream.

Special thanks goes towards fosser2, the DRH team and redeyedjedi. Without them I wouldn't of been
able to do any of this.

The new SmoOth is using CM-10 4.1.2 base built from source by redeyedjedi with a nice
face lift and some extras. It is desighned to create for you a great gaming experience as well as everyday use.

Let me introduce you to the New SmoOther Creation.

ScreenShot
Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2.png

Screenshots on the Inverted Version​
Because that is how I ROLL​

Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2-Apps.png

I will only Support my Installation Instructions
I have tested it with my own G-Tablet with these
exact instructions.

Installation Instruction.
You will need to be on BL 1.2 and have a 250m system partition (recomended).
(You can run this on a 350m system setup)
You must know how to back up your existing system. That is only being said once
Boot into Recovery and do a Nandroid Backup Wipe data/factory reset,
go into "mounts and storage" and "mount & format system"
Partition Internal SD to 4096/0 in Advance settings (if already skip this part)
Download Rom and Place onto internal storage
Install Rom
Reboot into system, Complete initial setup

AND HOLD ON TIGHT

DIRTY FLASHING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. YOUR MOM SHOULD OF TAUGHT YOU HOW TO WIPE

This ROM is bare bone striped down the apps and replaced with lighter counter parts.
The only addition I included is minimum Gapps some choice addons and Rom ToolBox to OC, change I/O schedulars
and other adjustments you would like to make. (Recomended Memory Manager Preset setting= Strict)
Check apply on boot then apply settings. Perfomance settings still need to be worked out within the ROM for I/O settings.
Also for Task Killing without a app go to system settings/Developer options (Turn on first)
then select "Background process limit" to (No background processes or Limit to 1)

Whats included
1 % Battery Mod (Fixed and Works)
Latest Apex Launcher
Play Store (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
AdAway app
Apollo (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
Pandora (Inverted ver.4.1)
Google Now
Chrome Browser
CPU Sleeper
DSP Manager
Gmail (Unreleased ver.4.2, Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
ROM ToolBox
SuperSU
TIBU
XDA app
YouTube (ver. 4.2.16)

What Works
Audio, Audio, and did I mention Audio...... :victory:

What Doesn't Work
Camera (Work around use USB Camera)
Mic works but buggy

ROM download here.

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Standard) 160 DPI
The Goods

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Inverted) 160 DPI
The Goods

Changelog

Fixed .apk HTML files for both battery mod and mouse pointer
Added some extra build.prop tweaks
Deleted unneeded tweaks that caused issues with ADB (Thanks rajeevvp for letting me know about it.)
Added Google Now for those who want to try to get it to work (Its a Data app so you can delete it if nessesary).​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Link for NVFlash package to set System to 250m
Recomended NVFlash 250m system Mod

Older Updates

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Standard PlayStore) 160 DPI
The Goods :cool:

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Inverted PlayStore) 160 DPI
The Goods :p

I don't normally do this stuff, So I will try to keep it updated as much as I can. Switch to Dev Host and they seem to be holding Strong. People willing to Mirror me a link PM me with it and I will add it with who is providing it. Thanks.

If you like my work just press the Thanks button also
go find fosser2, redeyedjedi and any of the DRH Team and thank them as well

Please by all means if you have any private questions or cannot post in the Development treads PM me. Please don't Email someone that you just met. I am not that kind of person to respond to emails so Please Keep it in the Forum. Thanks in Advance.

REMEMBER that this is FREE! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to I will add it to my Wifes Kiddle fund so I can keep working on this.!

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Reserved

System App Addons. An Extra 7.6 MB on the System

SystemApps.zip

Installation instructions.
Download the Addon pack onto PC and unzip using 7zip. Choose which ones you want to have added and delete the ones you don't want in system/app folder. Compress back into a zip file and transfer onto internal storage through recovery. Wipe Cache and Dalvic Cache then install update and reboot. After device has rebooted go into Settings/Accounts and turn the Sync on on the ones you want to Sync.

Previous Build
SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.3.2
SmOoTh BeAn 1.3.2 (160dpi)

1.3.2 Updates
160 DPI Update

120 DPI Update

SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.2
Click Here

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
How do I check version of BL (assumed to be boot loader)?

Thanks

Its not just the boot loader that is needed it is the expanded system partition that is also. Your best bet is to NVFlash the package in the OP. Not only will it set your device into the 1.2bl but it will expand your system partition so it can load the updated firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serreg@

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
This is by far the smoothest this tabet has EVER BEEN. I I mean super fast. I wow.

On another note, things seam really big.. Can we resize this?

Sent from my Malata SMBA1002 using xda app-developers app

Randy Power

Dec 16, 2007
I can't believe it's butter

i get stuck in bootloop on the 3 birds screen.

anyone else facing the same problem?

No issues here. It worked perfectly the first time. I had already nvflashed the linked file, so I re-formatted the internal sdcard per the instructions then flashed the ROM.

nobe1976, you are a magician. THANK YOU.

My tablet performs very well now, with an occasional hiccup. It sometimes becomes unresponsive temporarily when I'm doing a lot. For example, from the Play Store, I had about 5 apps queued up to download/install. While that was going, it would go unresponsive for sometimes 10-15 seconds.

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
This is by far the smoothest this tabet has EVER BEEN. I I mean super fast. I wow.

Do you have one of those tablet that refuse to boot up ICS or JB on BL 1.2?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Use root explorer or similar app and change the lcd density in /system/build.prop from 160 to 120 and reboot.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside

To resize just open ES Explorer and give it Root permmisions and change in the build.prop the ro.sf.lcd_density=160 to 120 then reboot. No need to add Root Explore when ES will do everything and more without adds.

Updated OP with a 120 density version.

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
No issues here. It worked perfectly the first time. I had already nvflashed the linked file, so I re-formatted the internal sdcard per the instructions then flashed the ROM.

nobe1976, you are a magician. THANK YOU.

My tablet performs very well now, with an occasional hiccup. It sometimes becomes unresponsive temporarily when I'm doing a lot. For example, from the Play Store, I had about 5 apps queued up to download/install. While that was going, it would go unresponsive for sometimes 10-15 seconds.

Reboot it will only get better. :D

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
All I can say is WOW! Fantastic ROM. The only hiccup I had was that I got an "unable to reach server" error in Google Play. I did the old market fix from the froyo days and that did the trick. Thanks much.

JEZZEJAMEZ

Jun 4, 2012
Detroit
Do you have one of those tablet that refuse to boot up ICS or JB on BL 1.2?

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Use root explorer or similar app and change the lcd density in /system/build.prop from 160 to 120 and reboot.

Thanks. Problem solved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

junooni

Jul 2, 2007
Dubai
I keep getting stuck on the 3 birds loop. the 3 birds appear, then the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds and then the birds reappear. this happens a couple of times then it gets stuck on the birds.

i had the same issue on all ICS roms as well. Flashback HC rom works flawless every time so i have to revert back to it.

Please suggest a solution. i'd love to try out JB on my tab.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
I keep getting stuck on the 3 birds loop. the 3 birds appear, then the screen goes blank for a couple of seconds and then the birds reappear. this happens a couple of times then it gets stuck on the birds.

i had the same issue on all ICS roms as well. Flashback HC rom works flawless every time so i have to revert back to it.

Please suggest a solution. i'd love to try out JB on my tab.

Give me the day and I will pm you with something to try out that has gotten me out of a jam a time or two. Have work today and won't have any computer time till later this afternoon.

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
Possible Bug Report: On my tab, the sound will not switch to my BT headphones. They paired correctly, and I have performed multiple iterations of rebooting, switching BT on/off, etc...no success thus far.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Otherwise, this is a thing of beauty.

dnlnnhs

Aug 9, 2011
Possible Bug Report: On my tab, the sound will not switch to my BT headphones. They paired correctly, and I have performed multiple iterations of rebooting, switching BT on/off, etc...no success thus far.

If this is based on the Team DRH Dirty Bean - it doesn't work there either. Last time I saw this issue was when the "phone" apps were not installed as part of the selected apps on ICS - it pairs but no BT audio.

Reactions: dsrhokie

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside

Ill mess around with the bluethooth to see what I can get when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any Better. Then I give you Greatness​

Disclaimer
    I do not take responsibility for anything that happens to your stuff
    If you load this it is your responsibility to fix it if things go wrong
    While Running this ROM you think "WOW this is just Fantastic" then Your Welcome
    If your device runs away and gets Married to a Rock Star
    then all I got to say is sorry that it is soooo SmOoTh :cyclops:

If you want to repost this onto another site
    Please ask Permission to do so
    or just post the link back to here
    THANK YOU

For starters I am not a Developer, I am just a normal Guy with a Linux Machine and a Dream.

Special thanks goes towards fosser2, the DRH team and redeyedjedi. Without them I wouldn't of been
    able to do any of this.

The new SmoOth is using CM-10 4.1.2 base built from source by redeyedjedi with a nice
    face lift and some extras. It is desighned to create for you a great gaming experience as well as everyday use.

Let me introduce you to the New SmoOther Creation.

ScreenShot
    Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2.png

Screenshots on the Inverted Version​
    Because that is how I ROLL​

Smoother_Bean.ver1.5.2-Apps.png

I will only Support my Installation Instructions
    I have tested it with my own G-Tablet with these
    exact instructions.

Installation Instruction.
    You will need to be on BL 1.2 and have a 250m system partition (recomended).
    (You can run this on a 350m system setup)
    You must know how to back up your existing system. That is only being said once
    Boot into Recovery and do a Nandroid Backup Wipe data/factory reset,
    go into "mounts and storage" and "mount & format system"
    Partition Internal SD to 4096/0 in Advance settings (if already skip this part)
    Download Rom and Place onto internal storage
    Install Rom
    Reboot into system, Complete initial setup

AND HOLD ON TIGHT

DIRTY FLASHING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. YOUR MOM SHOULD OF TAUGHT YOU HOW TO WIPE

This ROM is bare bone striped down the apps and replaced with lighter counter parts.
    The only addition I included is minimum Gapps some choice addons and Rom ToolBox to OC, change I/O schedulars
    and other adjustments you would like to make. (Recomended Memory Manager Preset setting= Strict)
    Check apply on boot then apply settings. Perfomance settings still need to be worked out within the ROM for I/O settings.
    Also for Task Killing without a app go to system settings/Developer options (Turn on first)
    then select "Background process limit" to (No background processes or Limit to 1)

Whats included
    1 % Battery Mod (Fixed and Works)
    Latest Apex Launcher
    Play Store (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    AdAway app
    Apollo (Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    Pandora (Inverted ver.4.1)
    Google Now
    Chrome Browser
    CPU Sleeper
    DSP Manager
    Gmail (Unreleased ver.4.2, Inverted or Standard depends on ROM Choice)
    ROM ToolBox
    SuperSU
    TIBU
    XDA app
    YouTube (ver. 4.2.16)

What Works
    Audio, Audio, and did I mention Audio...... :victory:

What Doesn't Work
    Camera (Work around use USB Camera)
    Mic works but buggy

ROM download here.

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Standard) 160 DPI
    The Goods

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5.2(Inverted) 160 DPI
    The Goods

Changelog

Fixed .apk HTML files for both battery mod and mouse pointer
    Added some extra build.prop tweaks
    Deleted unneeded tweaks that caused issues with ADB (Thanks rajeevvp for letting me know about it.)
    Added Google Now for those who want to try to get it to work (Its a Data app so you can delete it if nessesary).​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Link for NVFlash package to set System to 250m
    Recomended NVFlash 250m system Mod

Older Updates

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Standard PlayStore) 160 DPI
    The Goods :cool:

SmoOth Bean 4.1.2 ver 1.5(Inverted PlayStore) 160 DPI
    The Goods :p

I don't normally do this stuff, So I will try to keep it updated as much as I can. Switch to Dev Host and they seem to be holding Strong. People willing to Mirror me a link PM me with it and I will add it with who is providing it. Thanks.

If you like my work just press the Thanks button also
    go find fosser2, redeyedjedi and any of the DRH Team and thank them as well

Please by all means if you have any private questions or cannot post in the Development treads PM me. Please don't Email someone that you just met. I am not that kind of person to respond to emails so Please Keep it in the Forum. Thanks in Advance.

REMEMBER that this is FREE! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to I will add it to my Wifes Kiddle fund so I can keep working on this.!

Reserved

System App Addons. An Extra 7.6 MB on the System

SystemApps.zip

Installation instructions.
    Download the Addon pack onto PC and unzip using 7zip. Choose which ones you want to have added and delete the ones you don't want in system/app folder. Compress back into a zip file and transfer onto internal storage through recovery. Wipe Cache and Dalvic Cache then install update and reboot. After device has rebooted go into Settings/Accounts and turn the Sync on on the ones you want to Sync.

Previous Build
    SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.3.2
    SmOoTh BeAn 1.3.2 (160dpi)

1.3.2 Updates
    160 DPI Update

120 DPI Update

SmOoTh BeAn ver.1.2
    Click Here
    Alright People Links are live

Bottoms up
    and play responsibly
    Try this.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

I have to agree with the poster on this. Custom-ROM installs shouldn't do non-essential things lke overwriting a user's boot splash screen without his permission. Replacing eye-candy like that is best done later if the user wants to: You can very easily script it out or do it on the command line:
    Code:
    $ [B]su[/B]
    # [B]flash_image bootbmp [I]/SOME/PATH/[/I]somefile.bmp[/B]

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Yup. I have to agree with this too...

Yet again, I have to agree.

Its not that the birds are ugly and hard to look at, it is a psycological thing. We are all so emotionally distraught by the viewsonic corporation, because they took 3 or 4 hundred dollars of our money and then immediately act like it never happened, like they never built the gtablet. They never supported us.........EVER. So, sticking the birds in our face is like a jewish prisoner from WW2 having to stare at a swastika 20 years later. well, not really, but you know what I mean.

I feel ya on the criticism though. I can take it......I spent over twenty hours on builds trying to make a PA rom just so I can play NBA JAM, and someone posts on my dev-host link "newbie:learning"
    and yet they wont post here with their name behind it.....but thats OK by me, Im playing dark knight rises, nba jam, gt racing, NFS most wanted, dead space, mass effect, any game I want.... Just because some people are stupid and wont go read what PA is and how to set it up doesnt bother me a bit, I know what it can do.
    Im sure nobe knows what this rom can do tooo, but he spends a lot of time on it, and just cant believe someone misses those DAMN birds.
    I cannot even imagine how fosser feels, I use him like he is my OEM support, he put his kernel together from scratch. And yet, people post some sorry stuff on slatedroid, like "hey I gave you a few dollars and now youre not gonna update, I can see the writing on the wall" as if Fosser works for viewsonic, I mean this is CRAZY!!!! The only thing that bugs me is we all do this for free.....for free....and if you dont like what we did, go back to tap n tap!!!!
    You can post bugs and errors and we always try to help, but just to post that you hate not having the boot image, after you didnt read in the first place that it would be changed and that you are flashing a "custom" rom......at your own risk......well to me this isnt criticism. its more like douchebaggery.
    Alright guys let me re-work the updated script to my SmoOth version and hopefully if everything goes the way it plans the link will be up tonight . Got to wait to get to my side of the desk and get cracking on it. Thanks to the testers and there feed back. :eek:

Sent from my tervigon using xda app-developers app